Common Pests Found In Alexandria, VA
When you live in Alexandria, pest problems can develop at any time. From the local seasonal conditions to the mobility of the community, you may find yourself with a series of issues. Some of the common area pests that you may encounter at your home are:
To keep all of these common area pests out of your property, contact Miche Pest Control. Our pest control service offerings are comprehensive, well-rounded and reliable. Each pest receives their own treatment in order to provide customers with the exact coverage that they require. To protect your property with year round pest control that you can trust, contact us today.
Alexandria, VA Homeowner's Mini Guide To Pest Prevention
Pests are easily attracted inside Alexandria properties and in order to prevent them from becoming an issue for you, follow these foolproof tips:
- Secure your property. It’s important to start by addressing any openings in your foundation. Fill cracks with silicone-based caulk, sheet metal, wire mesh, and steel wool. Apply weather stripping to the gaps around doors and windows, install door sweeps, and repair and window screens that are torn.
- Tend to your landscape. Begin by trimming back any overhanging tree branches and hedges, then be sure to mow your lawn regularly and dispose of the trimmings. Remove any leaf piles, pine cones, and other debris.
- Store food securely. One thing that attracts many types of pests is food, which is why it’s so important to keep food in airtight containers.
- Keep things clean. Always clean up after spills and crumbs as soon as they occur, take out the trash routinely, and disinfect your property routinely. Remove any clutter as it develops.
- Remedy moisture issues. Many pests are attracted to excessive moisture, from leaks to humid conditions. This is also a key reason that they stick around. Always keep your eyes open for leaky roofs, fixtures, pipes, faucets, downspouts, and bathtubs. And maintain well-ventilated basements, attics, and crawl spaces. If you have air conditioning units, always avoid letting condensation accumulate.
- Bring in the pros. The most secure way to ensure that pests don’t become a problem on your property is to enlist the help of your local pest control pros.
For the most reliable pest control throughout the year, contact Miche Pest Control today.
Are There Any Dangerous Pests In Alexandria, VA?
While there are many nuisance pests in Alexandria that pose no further issues beyond being unwanted and unsightly, there are a handful of pests that are actually very serious, as their presence plays a distinct role in health risks and severe property damage. Some of the most dangerous pests that you’re likely to encounter in the area are:
- Stinging insects like wasps and hornets
- Venomous spiders like black widows and brown recluses
- Unsanitary cockroaches that spread bacteria like salmonella and streptococcus
- Termites and carpenter ants that can cause your ceilings, floors, and walls to collapse
- Rodents that spread salmonella and hantavirus, as well as ruin your walls and personal belongings, while also causing house fires
For Alexandria property owners that are looking to avoid all of these issues, look no further than the pros at Miche Pest Control. Our team of expertly trained pest control specialists provide year round pest control that protects local homes and places of business from some of the most serious pests that could potentially plague your property. With safe, reliable, and comprehensive treatments, we offer both traditional and organic products to meet the most specific of needs. To learn more about our services and how you can benefit from them, contact us today.
Benefits Of Year-Round Pest Control In Alexandria, VA
With pest problems in Alexandria abounding, local homeowners can benefit from ongoing pest control. DIY methods are often costly, tedious, and unfruitful. Whether you’re facing a termite infestation, spiders that won’t go away, or rodents that are often scurrying across your kitchen floor, they cause issues that involve danger and damage. But with the professional application from a trusted pest expert, you can avoid the following problems:
- Limited exposure to health risks like E. coli, salmonella, hantavirus, tularemia, asthma attacks, and allergic reactions
- Reduction in property damage like house fires and vulnerable walls
- More enjoyable usage of your property, like your backyard
- Accurate pest identification so you know what pests you’re dealing with
- Safe, reliable, and cost-effective solutions to avoid overspending with no benefits
At Miche Pest Control, we provide year-round pest control for a variety of pests, from cockroaches and termites to rodents and ants. Our methods are comprehensive, safe, and reliable. They’re designed to withstand the seasonal elements and keep property owners and community members safe from the dangers and damages that pests pose on a near-constant basis. To learn more about how your home can benefit from ongoing pest control, contact us today.
Alexandria is an independent city in the Commonwealth of Virginia in the United States. Located along the western bank of the Potomac River, Alexandria is approximately 7 miles south of downtown Washington DC.
Like the rest of Northern Virginia, as well as Central Maryland, modern Alexandria has been influenced by its proximity to the U.S. Capitol. It is largely populated by professionals working in the federal civil service, in the U.S. military, or for one of the many private companies which contract to provide services to the federal government. One of Alexandria's largest employers is the U.S. Department of Defense. Another is the Institute for Defense Analyses. In 2005, the United States Patent and Trademark Office moved to Alexandria, and in 2017, so did the headquarters of the National Science Foundation.
The historic center of Alexandria is known as Old Town. With its concentration of boutiques, restaurants, antique shops and theaters, it is a major draw for all who live in Alexandria as well for visitors. Like Old Town, many Alexandria neighborhoods are compact and walkable. It is the 7th largest and highest-income independent city in Virginia.
A large portion of adjacent Fairfax County, mostly south but also west of the city, has Alexandria mailing addresses. However, this area is under the jurisdiction of Fairfax County's government and separate from the independent city. The city is therefore sometimes referred to as the "City of Alexandria" to avoid confusion. Additionally, neighboring Arlington County was formerly named "Alexandria County" before it was renamed by the Virginia General Assembly in 1920 to reduce confusion with the city.
Arlington VA (6 miles), Washington DC (7 miles), Springfield VA (8 miles), Falls Church VA (9 miles), Hyattsville MD (12 miles), Bethesda MD (13 miles), Silver Spring MD (13 miles), Fairfax VA (14 miles), Woodbridge VA (15 miles), Upper Marlboro MD (16 miles), Bowie MD (20 miles), Rockville MD (20 miles), Herndon VA (22 miles), Laurel MD (23 miles), Manassas VA (23 miles), Gaithersburg MD (25 miles), Ashburn VA (29 miles), Columbia MD (29 miles), Annapolis MD (32 miles), Ellicott City MD (35 miles), Leesburg VA (35 miles), Baltimore MD (41 miles), Fredericksburg VA (41 miles), Frederick MD (46 miles)
Recent Blog Articles
April 15, 2022
The gigantic and flashy-looking Joro spider is the last thing you want to see around your home or business. However, they may not be as dangerous as they l...Read More
February 21, 2022
Green Pest Services, a sister company of Pointe Pest Control in Illinois, sells to PestCo Holdings, a Thompson Street Capital Partners company.Read More