Top Rated Pest Control Services For Residential & Commercial Properties In Alexandria VA
Miche Pest Control is a top rated, family owned and operated, full service pest control company that provides exterminating services for homes and businesses throughout Alexandria VA and the surrounding areas. Our expert technicians get rid of pest infestations and keep them away, whether you're having issues with ants, spiders, mice, rats, mosquitoes, termites, or any other pest. With its 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online, you can count on Miche Pest Control to protect your property - give us a call today!
Miche Pest Control provides extermination services that get rid of ants, spiders, cockroaches, and more from homes and businesses in Alexandria VA and the surrounding areas. We get rid of pests fast by using a combination of highly effective treatment methods, using the best products available for the specific pests that you're seeing. Our most popular plan in Alexandria is our quarterly pest control service. Included in each quarterly service from Miche Pest Control:
- Spider Web Removal
- Wasp & Hornet Nest Removal
- 4 to 6 Foot Barrier Spray For Crawling Insects
- 10 Foot Granular Barrier To Push Bugs Away From The Home
- Detailed Crack & Crevice Treatments
- Inside Treatment As Needed
This service is designed to be thorough enough on the outside that you shouldn't need inside treatment, but the inside is always included when needed and/or requested. We use products that are registered with the EPA, and labeled for use in and around homes, hospitals, day cares, and pet kennels. The first service gets rid of any current pest issues, and immediately starts working to keep pests from coming back after they've been eliminated. A few months later, once the products break down and egg sacs start hatching, the pests usually come back - that's why we do four services per year, and more if you need. If you're having issues with covered pests in between regular services, just let us know and as needed, we'll go back out in between services at no extra cost.
Here's How To Avoid Spiders In Alexandria VA
Spiders cause regular concern among home and business owners. Though they kill other nuisance insects, an overabundance of these creatures proves unpleasant. They hide in dark corners, they’re difficult to control, and they build unsightly webs. To stop these eight-legged pests from becoming a problem in your Alexandria home or commercial facility, our experts want to provide some easy-to-execute spider prevention tips:
To keep spider populations from developing in your yard, get rid of cluttered areas where they can burrow or build their webs. Avoid overgrown gardens, shrubs, and grass by pruning and cutting regularly.
Eliminate access points that would allow spiders to crawl into your home or business. Place door sweeps on exterior doors, replace ripped screens, place weather stripping around windows and doors, and use a caulking gun to seal spaces in the foundation. Make sure to repair holes along the roofline and place metal mesh covers over vents leading into your property.
Spiders feed on insects, so they will be attracted to properties where there is a lot of insect activity. Whenever you discover spider webs in or around your home clear them away. Removing their webs prevents spiders from catching their prey which will make them less apt to stick around.
Our experts at Miche Pest Control offer routine pest control services for property owners in Alexandria looking for a foolproof solution to their spider problems.
Rodent Control In Alexandria VA
Miche Pest Control provides rodent control services for mice, rats, and voles in Alexandria VA and the surrounding areas. We get rid of rodents fast by using a combination of trapping, entry point exclusion, and outside bait stations. Included in your first rodent control service from Miche Pest Control:
- Entry Point Inspection
- Sealing Rodent Entry Points
- Trapping Mice & Rats Inside
- Tamper-Resistant Bait Stations Outside
We use tamper-resistant bait stations combined with products that are registered with the EPA, and labeled for use in and around homes, day cares, and pet kennels. The first service gets rid of any existing rats, mice, or voles, and immediately starts working to keep rodents from coming back after they've been eliminated. A couple months later, once the bait starts to deteriorate or run out and rodent populations start rebounding, mice and rats usually come back - that's why we do six services per year, and more if you need. If you're having issues with rodents in between regular services, just let us know and as needed, we'll go back out in between services at no extra cost.
What Are The Signs Of A Rodent Infestation In Alexandria VA?
Rats and mice are responsible for the spread of a number of diseases, either directly, by contamination of food, or indirectly, by way of rodent fleas and mites. As if that wasn't bad enough, rats continuously gnaw to keep the growth of their teeth in check and to gain entrance to obtain food and shelter. Rats destroy approximately ten times more food through urination and defecation then they actually eat. Additionally, numerous fires have been started by rats chewing through electrical wiring.
If you are trying to determine whether or not you have an infestation of rats or mice, there are some key indicators that can alert you to the rodents' presence. Here are several important signs of a rodent infestation, according to the City of Alexandria:
- Spotting live or dead rodents
- Rodent nests can be made of many kinds of materials, such as bits of paper, straw, rags, etc.
- Rodent urine has a distinct odor, so the presence of rodents may sometimes be detected by first smelling that odor.
- Rodent droppings can indicate the severity of a rodent infestation; the more droppings there are, the more rodents there likely are.
- Evidence of gnawing, since rodents gnaw constantly to keep their front teeth from growing too long
- Rub marks can often be found along the paths that are frequently traveled by rats and mice.
- Runways are the frequently traveled paths along floors, stairs, and shelves where droppings, rub marks, and stains from rodent urine are found.
- Tracks can indicate the presence of rodents, and may provide insight as to where rats and mice travel.
- Burrows are the tunnels and nests that are dug below ground level. These are most commonly used by Norway Rats.
Rodents are common in Alexandria - this is normal for cities that are right next to a river. Rodents can cause a number of issues - they can spread diseases, and they can cause damage to structures and other personal property. The three rodents of most concern in Alexandria are the House Mouse, the Norway Rat, and the Roof Rat. Rats contaminate as much as ten times more food by urination and defecation than they eat. As recommended by the City of Alexandria's guidelines for successful rodent control programs, at Miche Pest Control, we use a combination of rodent trapping inside, entry point exclusion (rodent proofing), and tamper-resistant bait stations outside to get control of rats and mice.
What Kinds Of Mosquitoes Are There In Alexandria VA?
Asian Tiger Mosquitoes (Aedes albopictus) are the most common pest mosquito found in Alexandria. It is a black mosquito with distinct white stripes on its legs and body. It is very aggressive, and bites during the day. Because it is a container breeding mosquito, they will lay their eggs in old tires, buckets, flowerpots, and any other place water can accumulate. Some of their favorite resting places include ivy and azaleas.
Alexandria also has two species of Culex mosquitoes that typically bite during dusk and dawn. While they prefer to bite birds, they can and will bite people and other mammals. They aren't as aggressive as the Asian Tiger mosquitoes, but you may not notice when Culex mosquitoes bite. Because they prefer to bite birds, Culex mosquitoes are more likely to spread West Nile virus than the Asian Tiger mosquitoes.
Things Property Owners In Alexandria Can Do To Help Prevent Mosquitoes
Once A Week
- Empty the water from and scrub containers such as flowerpot saucers, watering cans, and buckets.
- Empty bird baths and scrub them before refilling them.
- Empty the water that collects on tarps over wood piles, vehicles, boats, and pool covers.
- Position drainpipes to make sure they drain properly.
- Use screens on doors and windows. Repair holes in screens to keep mosquitoes outside.
- Clean leaves and debris from your gutters.
- Recycle old tires.
- Be sure the water on your property flows freely from drainage areas.
- Fill in puddles and other areas of your yard that stay wet for more than a week at a time.
- Stock ornamental ponds with mosquito-eating fish.
Mosquito Control In Alexandria VA
Miche Pest Control provides mosquito control services in Alexandria VA and the surrounding areas. We get rid of mosquitoes fast by combining yard fogging with larvicide applications, using high quality products for lasting protection from mosquitoes, ticks, and fleas outside. Included in each mosquito control service from Miche Pest Control:
- Yard Fogging For Fast Relief From Mosquitoes
- Larvicide Applications To Keep Them From Coming Back
- High Quality Products For Lasting Protection, Rain Or Shine
Not only does this cover mosquitoes, but it also works on ticks and fleas outside. We use products that are registered with the EPA, and labeled for use around homes, hospitals, day cares, and pet kennels. The first service gets rid of any existing mosquitoes, and immediately starts working to keep mosquitoes from coming back after they've been eliminated. Three to four weeks later, once the products break down and eggs start hatching, the mosquitoes usually come back - that's why we do eight services per year, and more if you need. If you're having issues with mosquitoes in between regular services, just let us know and as needed, we'll go back out in between services at no extra cost.
3 Things Everyone In Alexandria VA Ought To Know About Termites
Termites are destructive pests that unfortunately thrive in our area of the country. These wood-eating pests will cause extensive damage to your property. They will sustain their large colonies by eating away at the structural integrity of your home or business. Though termite infestations are often impossible to prevent, certain measures can help you make your home or business less appetizing. Furthermore, there are tell-tale signs of infestation, and if you recognize them in or around your home or business, you need to contact a professional immediately.
Here are three tips to help you avoid and recognize a termite infestation:
1. Termites enter into structures through spaces only 1/16th of an inch, allowing them to enter inside of almost any structure they come across.
2. Termite swarmers or winged reproductive termites swarm from a mature colony to find a mate and create a new colony. A termite swarm is a clear indication of a termite infestation in a home or business. However, it can take 4-10 years for this to occur.
3. Termites are attracted to moisture and thus seek out decaying or water-damaged wood.
To prevent problems with termites, it is important to reduce excess moisture in or around your home, seal all entry points into your home, and partner with Miche Pest Control. By working together, we will keep destructive termites from choosing your home as their next food source. Contact us today to learn more about our termite control services.
Preventing termite damage in Alexandria can be difficult, with the historic old homes and varying construction methods. We utilize specialized termite bait stations to eliminate the termite colony as well as the termite queen for complete termite control. Whether you're looking to get rid of termites in your home or business in Alexandria, or keep them from becoming a problem, we recommend our Annual Termite Control program. Here's what is included:
- A Comprehensive, Visual Termite Inspection
- Localized Treatment Of Areas With Live Termites Or Termite Damage
- Installation Of Pre-Baited Termite Bait Stations
After installing your termite bait stations, we come back once per year during the cooler months of the year - typically between October and March - to make sure the stations are properly stocked, and to inspect your property for any new termite damage or live termites. If you do have any live termites or any new termite damage, we'll treat the affected areas at no additional cost.
How Alexandria VA Residents Can Avoid Getting Bed Bugs While Traveling
- When selecting luggage, opt for a soft bag that can easily be put in the washer and dryer.
- When checking into your room at a hotel or motel, make sure you inspect your room for signs of bed bugs: live bed bugs, dead bed bugs, eggs, fecal spots, blood stains, and shed exoskeletons are all signs of a bed bug infestation.
- Some of the places you can check for bed bugs as you inspect your room include the mattress, box spring, headboard, hanging pictures, along the baseboards, and the luggage rack.
- Don't use the drawers in the provided dresser.
- Do not store luggage in the bedroom.
- Inspect your luggage, vacuum any items that cannot be laundered, and launder everything else as soon as you get back home.
Bed Bug Control In Alexandria VA
If you have or suspect that you have a bed bug infestation in Alexandria, we recommend getting a professional bed bug exterminator. Miche Pest Control provides bed bug control services in Alexandria and the surrounding areas. Our bed bug treatment and removal process is designed to get rid of bed bugs reliably without breaking the bank, by combining multiple, effective treatment methods:
- First, we confirm that you have bed bugs.
- If you have bed bugs, we start by removing the bed bugs, their eggs, and any shed bed bug exoskeletons using a specialized bug-sucking vacuum with a HEPA filter.
- Then, we apply the natural biopesticide Aprehend to the affected areas.
Because Aprehend has been proven to have excellent residual effect, we're able to provide a 90 day warranty: while each treatment can take up to two weeks for full effect, if you have any issues after that, just let us know! We'll return and re-treat at no additional cost during the warranty period. This 90 day warranty is optionally renewable on a quarterly basis with proactive service. Call today for your free quote on bed bug control in Alexandria VA!
Home Pest Control In Alexandria VA
Let the professionals at Miche Pest Control provide the services needed to inspect and control any of your current pest control problems. We offer both preventative and extermination services so that you can enjoy a pest-free home. Our trained experts understand our area’s most common pests and their life cycles of growth, maturation, and reproduction.
Our home pest control services work to break up the life cycle of pests and destroy them in the process. Your Alexandra home’s pest problems will become a thing of the past by taking advantage of our Quarterly Pest Control plan which includes an initial service designed to break up a pest’s life cycle, as well as quarterly visits to maintain a protective barrier around your home and prevent pest re-infestation. If you have issues with covered pests in between regular service visits, just let us know! We'll return and treat again at no additional charge.
Commercial Pest Control In Alexandria VA
Miche Pest Control provides the resources and experience needed to protect Alexandria businesses from pest damage. We are experienced in controlling and eliminating a wide variety of pests from different types of industries and businesses; You can trust us with your business's pest control needs. Pests live all around us, and unfortunately, they have the potential to enter any commercial facility and damage its structure, equipment, and inventory. Miche Pest Control provides the quality commercial pest control services needed to take action against pests and stop them from negatively affecting your business and its reputation.
Request Your Free Quote
Complete the form below to request your no obligation quote.
Alexandria is an independent city in the Commonwealth of Virginia in the United States. Located along the western bank of the Potomac River, Alexandria is approximately 7 miles south of downtown Washington DC.
Like the rest of Northern Virginia, as well as Central Maryland, modern Alexandria has been influenced by its proximity to the U.S. capital. It is largely populated by professionals working in the federal civil service, in the U.S. military, or for one of the many private companies which contract to provide services to the federal government. One of Alexandria's largest employers is the U.S. Department of Defense. Another is the Institute for Defense Analyses. In 2005, the United States Patent and Trademark Office moved to Alexandria, and in 2017, so did the headquarters of the National Science Foundation.
The historic center of Alexandria is known as Old Town. With its concentration of boutiques, restaurants, antique shops and theaters, it is a major draw for all who live in Alexandria as well for visitors. Like Old Town, many Alexandria neighborhoods are compact and walkable. It is the 7th largest and highest-income independent city in Virginia.
A large portion of adjacent Fairfax County, mostly south but also west of the city, has Alexandria mailing addresses. However, this area is under the jurisdiction of Fairfax County's government and separate from the independent city. The city is therefore sometimes referred to as the "City of Alexandria" to avoid confusion. Additionally, neighboring Arlington County was formerly named "Alexandria County" before it was renamed by the Virginia General Assembly in 1920 to reduce confusion with the city.