Pest Control Services For Homes In Washington DC
Miche Pest Control is a family owned and operated pest control company that provides home pest control services in Washington DC and the surrounding areas. Our expert residential exterminators get rid of home pest infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep them from coming back after they've been eliminated - call today or book online!
Common Pests Found In Washington, DC
When you live in Washington DC, pest problems can develop at any time. From the local seasonal conditions to the mobility of the community, you may find yourself with a series of issues. Some of the common area pests that you may encounter at your home are:
To keep all of these common area pests out of your property, contact Miche Pest Control. Our pest control service offerings are comprehensive, well-rounded and reliable. Each pest receives their own treatment in order to provide customers with the exact coverage that they require. To protect your property with year round pest control that you can trust, contact us today.
Washington, DC Homeowner's Mini Guide To Pest Prevention
Pests are easily attracted inside Washington DC properties and in order to prevent them from becoming an issue for you, follow these foolproof tips:
- Secure your property. It’s important to start by addressing any openings in your foundation. Fill cracks with silicone-based caulk, sheet metal, wire mesh, and steel wool. Apply weather stripping to the gaps around doors and windows, install door sweeps, and repair and window screens that are torn.
- Tend to your landscape. Begin by trimming back any overhanging tree branches and hedges, then be sure to mow your lawn regularly and dispose of the trimmings. Remove any leaf piles, pine cones, and other debris.
- Store food securely. One thing that attracts many types of pests is food, which is why it’s so important to keep food in airtight containers.
- Keep things clean. Always clean up after spills and crumbs as soon as they occur, take out the trash routinely, and disinfect your property routinely. Remove any clutter as it develops.
- Remedy moisture issues. Many pests are attracted to excessive moisture, from leaks to humid conditions. This is also a key reason that they stick around. Always keep your eyes open for leaky roofs, fixtures, pipes, faucets, downspouts, and bathtubs. And maintain well-ventilated basements, attics, and crawl spaces. If you have air conditioning units, always avoid letting condensation accumulate.
- Bring in the pros. The most secure way to ensure that pests don’t become a problem on your property is to enlist the help of your local pest control pros.
For the most reliable pest control throughout the year, contact Miche Pest Control today.
Are There Any Dangerous Pests In Washington, DC?
While there are many nuisance pests in DC that pose no further issues beyond being unwanted and unsightly, there are a handful of pests that are actually very serious, as their presence plays a distinct role in health risks and severe property damage. Some of the most dangerous pests that you’re likely to encounter in the area are:
- Stinging insects like wasps and hornets
- Venomous spiders like black widows and brown recluses
- Unsanitary cockroaches that spread bacteria like salmonella and streptococcus
- Termites and carpenter ants that can cause your ceilings, floors, and walls to collapse
- Rodents that spread salmonella and hantavirus, as well as ruin your walls and personal belongings, while also causing house fires
For DC property owners that are looking to avoid all of these issues, look no further than the pros at Miche Pest Control. Our team of expertly trained pest control specialists provide year round pest control that protects local homes and places of business from some of the most serious pests that could potentially plague your property. With safe, reliable, and comprehensive treatments, we offer both traditional and organic products to meet the most specific of needs. To learn more about our services and how you can benefit from them, contact us today.
Residential Pest Control in Washington DC
Securing pest control for your home is essential for Washington DC homeowners. There are dozens of pest species in this city, and as the human population continues to grow and thrive, so too will the pest populations. Miche Pest Control has been serving DC homeowners by providing top-notch residential pest control services since 2019. We let our clients and our work speak for us. During this time, we have earned a 4.9-star rating over 1,000 reviews.
When you partner with us for pest control for your home in DC, you will receive:
- Next-business-day services.
- Expert, friendly service professionals.
- A pest-free guarantee for all services.
At Miche Pest Control, we take pride in our ability to handle your pest problems in an efficient, professional manner. Read on to learn more about our services and how we can help your home today!
Benefits Of Year-Round Pest Control In Washington, DC
With pest problems in Washington DC abounding, local homeowners can benefit from ongoing pest control. DIY methods are often costly, tedious, and unfruitful. Whether you’re facing a termite infestation, spiders that won’t go away, or rodents that are often scurrying across your kitchen floor, they cause issues that involve danger and damage. But with the professional application from a trusted pest expert, you can avoid the following problems:
- Limited exposure to health risks like E. coli, salmonella, hantavirus, tularemia, asthma attacks, and allergic reactions
- Reduction in property damage like house fires and vulnerable walls
- More enjoyable usage of your property, like your backyard
- Accurate pest identification so you know what pests you’re dealing with
- Safe, reliable, and cost-effective solutions to avoid overspending with no benefits
At Miche Pest Control, we provide year-round pest control for a variety of pests, from cockroaches and termites to rodents and ants. Our methods are comprehensive, safe, and reliable. They’re designed to withstand the seasonal elements and keep property owners and community members safe from the dangers and damages that pests pose on a near-constant basis. To learn more about how your home can benefit from ongoing pest control, contact us today.
Comprehensive Residential Pest Control For Washington DC
Washington DC constantly ranks among the top U.S. cities for diversity. While this is great for our culture and community, the diversity of pests looking to infiltrate DC homes is nothing to celebrate. Whether you are dealing with nuisance, dangerous, or destructive pests in your home, Miche Pest Control has a solution for your trouble.
At Miche Pest Control, we have a variety of residential pest control options to target the pests that are invading your home. Our comprehensive quarterly pest control plans include:
- Exterior spider web removal
- Foundation barrier spray
- Hornet, wasp, and yellow jacket nest removal
- Granular barrier or ant bait
- Targeted crack and crevice treatments
- Inside treatments, at no additional cost if needed
Not only that, but our products are registered with the EPA and labeled for use around families and pets. We also offer organic products upon request and provide a pest free guarantee. Call today to get on the path to a pest free home in Washington DC!
Washington DC, formally known as the District of Columbia, more commonly known as DC, is the official capital of the United States of America. It is located on east side of the Potomac River, bordering Maryland and Virginia. The United States Congress held its first session there in 1800. The city was named after George Washington, a Founding Father and the first president of the United States. The federal district was named after Columbia, a female personification of our nation. As the seat of the US federal government and several international organizations, DC is an important world political capital. It is one of the most visited cities in the US, with over 24 million visitors in 2019.
The District of Columbia is not a part of any U.S. state. The signing of the Residence Act on July 16, 1790, approved the creation of a capital district located along the Potomac River near the country's Atlantic Coast. The City of Washington was founded in 1791 to serve as the national capital. In 1801, the land, formerly part of Maryland and Virginia (at the time including the settlements of Georgetown and Alexandria), officially became recognized as the federal district. In 1846, Congress returned to Virginia the portion of Washington DC that had been originally ceded by Virginia, including the cities of Alexandria and Arlington; in 1871, it created a single municipal government for the remaining portion of the district.
DC is divided into quadrants (NW, NE, SE, and SW), centered on the United States Capitol (aka the Capitol Building or Capitol Hill), with 8 wards, 37 Advisory Neighborhood Commissions, and 127 named neighborhoods. It is the 20th-most populous city in the US. Commuters from the surrounding suburbs in Maryland and Northern Virginia raise the city's daytime population to more than one million during the workweek. Washington DC's metropolitan area is the country's sixth-largest metropolitan area, and includes portions of Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia.
Arlington VA (3 miles), Bethesda MD (6 miles), Hyattsville MD (6 miles), Silver Spring MD (6 miles), Alexandria VA (7 miles), Falls Church VA (7 miles), Springfield VA (11 miles), Rockville MD (14 miles), Bowie MD (15 miles), Fairfax VA (15 miles), Laurel MD (17 miles), Upper Marlboro MD (17 miles), Gaithersburg MD (19 miles), Herndon VA (19 miles), Woodbridge VA (21 miles), Columbia MD (23 miles), Ashburn VA (26 miles), Manassas VA (26 miles), Ellicott City MD (28 miles), Annapolis MD (30 miles), Leesburg VA (32 miles), Baltimore MD (35 miles), Frederick MD (40 miles), Fredericksburg VA (48 miles)
Recent Blog Articles
Tick Infestations: Signs, Causes, and Prevention
April 23, 2023
Do you have a tick infestation on your property? Find out the signs, causes, and how to prevent them.Read More
How To Get Rid Of Rats In The House Fast
April 17, 2023
Did you just find a rat in your home? Find out how to get rid of rats in the house fast.Read More