Commercial & Residential Termite Control For DC, Maryland & Northern Virginia
In DC, Maryland, and Northern Virginia, termites are very common, especially in wooded areas. The termite most commonly encountered in our service area is the Eastern Subterranean Termite. If you’re looking for professional termite control services in DC, Maryland or Northern Virginia, you’ve come to the right place - Miche Pest Control provides residential and commercial termite control services throughout Washington DC, Maryland, and Northern Virginia.
Residential Termite Control
A home is typically the average homeowner’s largest investment. While they nest underground, subterranean termites can enter buildings through gaps and cracks less than 1/16th of an inch wide. Once inside, they can remain out of sight, feasting on the wood within the walls of the home. Due to their secretive nature, termites can remain undetected until their damage becomes extensive. To protect your home against termites, we recommend our Annual Termite Baiting plan.
Annual Termite Bait Stations
Our recommended termite control service, our Annual Termite Baiting plan is designed to eliminate an existing termite infestation, and help prevent new colonies from becoming established by newly arrived flying termite swarmers. Annual service has been proven 100% effective, but if you suspect additional damage in between regularly scheduled visits, just let us know! We’ll re-inspect and treat affected areas as needed, at no additional cost.
What Pests Are Covered & Guaranteed?
- Subterranean Termites
What’s Included In Each Service?
- Comprehensive Termite Inspection
- Localized Treatment of Areas With Termite Damage
- Re-inspection of Termite Bait Stations
- Replacing Termite Bait Cartridges, As Needed
One-Time Termite Control Services
In general, termite control is most effective when maintained on a schedule. That’s why we recommend our Annual Termite Baiting plan. While existing termite issues are typically eliminated within a few months, new termite colonies are started every year by flying termite swarmers, and can cause significant amounts of damage before discovery.
Commercial Termite Control
Commercial Termite Control
Running a business can be difficult, to say the least. Each business is different, with its own unique termite control challenges. A business can be exposed to termite issues through its suppliers, in addition to neighboring properties. Your Miche Pest Control technician will evaluate your needs with a free inspection, and build a solution that meets your needs.
Free Inspection & Custom Quote
To schedule your free inspection, you can fill out the inspection form at the bottom of this page, or you can reach out to us - we have customer service representatives available by phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Protect Your Home Or Business With The Help Of Miche Pest Control!
Whether you’re looking for termite control for your home or business, Miche Pest Control can help. Serving Washington DC, Maryland, and Northern Virginia, we provide the best possible termite control. As a family owned and operated business, we would love the chance to earn your trust, not just for today, but for the years to come. With a thorough service, guaranteed results, and our dedication to customer service waiting for you, we look forward to your call.
Termite Reduction Tips For Your Home (Or Business)
- Dispose of unnecessary cellulose materials around the home, especially crawl spaces
- Replace landscaping mulch with cellulose-free alternatives.
- Alternatively, maintaining a 6-inch gap between your mulch and the foundation may reduce the possibility of termite intrusion.
- Keep siding (especially wooden siding) at least six inches above the ground
- Ensure proper water drainage in and around your home
- Minimize moisture issues in basements and crawl spaces
- Prevent standing water from building up around the home
- Make sure gutters are functioning properly
- Inspect for & fix leaky plumbing and/or air conditioning condensation lines
- Seal gaps around utility lines such as water, sewer, natural gas, and electrical lines to limit the opportunity for termites to enter your home (or business)
- Ensure there is no earth & wood contact - whenever there is wood in direct contact with the soil, there is an opportunity for an unseen termite infestation.
Termites & Property Damage
While there is no single United States government agency or independent organization that compiles and tracks termite data and damage, data reported to state agriculture agencies and academic experts indicates approximately 600,000 homes in the United States are damaged by termites each year. The cost to repair termite damage varies, depending on the amount and location of the damage, as well as the construction of the home and the accessibility of the damage.
How Much Damage Do Termites Cause?
Residents of the United States spend an estimated $5 billion per year to control termites and repair their damage. While some infestations are discovered quickly and may not need any repairs, sometimes (rarely) homes may require demolition because the termite damage is so widespread and catastrophic. On average, a homeowner who discovers termite damage will spend $3,000 on repairs; this is typically specifically excluded from coverage by homeowners’ insurance policies.
Termite Control With The Trelona® Advance® Termite Baiting System
We use BASF’s Trelona® Advance® Termite Baiting System to eliminate termite infestations and work proactively against subterranean termites. Advance® Termite Bait Stations are placed in the ground around the foundation. They are low profile and designed to minimize tampering by children and/or pets. We install stations near active termites and termite damage, then install stations around the perimeter of the home to provide ongoing, proactive termite protection. To supplement the standalone Trelona® Advance® Termite Baiting System, we also use a termiticide foam in the areas with termite damage and/or active termites to speed up the control process.
Why Use Bait Stations Instead Of Liquid Termiticide?
There are a number of advantages that using bait stations to control termites have over using liquid termiticides. Some of the reasons we use bait stations instead of a liquid treatment are listed below:
- Termite bait stations are more environmentally friendly; they don’t require hundreds of gallons of termiticide be pumped into the ground.
- Bait stations take advantage of termites’ biology for control, they provide protection without requiring invasive drilling, trenching, and more.
- Long-Term Results - eventually, liquid termiticides degrade; the only indication that a liquid treatment has broken down or worn out is the presence of termites. Bait stations are easily monitored, and in cases of high activity, easy to add another station when needed.
Why Use Advance® Termite Bait Stations?
We use Advance® Termite Bait Stations because they have been proven to be the most effective bait stations on the market. These stations were found by termites significantly faster than the leading alternative during testing, and were proven 100% effective at termite control through colony elimination.
Request Your Free Inspection
Complete the form below to schedule your no obligation inspection.