Pest Control Company Serving Ellicott City MD
Miche Pest Control is a pest control company that provides residential and commercial pest control services in Ellicott City MD and the surrounding areas. Miche Pest Control was started in 2019 by Tom Miche, after he had worked for years as a pest control technician and service manager. Since its formation in 2019, Miche Pest Control has provided high quality pest control, rodent control, mosquito control, and termite control services. Miche Pest Control has earned a 4.9 star rating with over 1,000 reviews.
With service times available as soon as the next business day, you can count on Miche Pest Control. Contact us - get your free quote on the best pest control in Ellicott City MD, and we'll add a free upgrade to include termite monitoring services when you enroll in one of our quarterly pest control plans. Call today or book online!
Pest Control Services In Ellicott City MD
Home Pest Control
Exterminator Serving Ellicott City MD
If you're dealing with a pest infestation in Ellicott City MD, it's important to call in a professional exterminator to handle the problem. Pests such as ants, cockroaches, mice, and termites can cause damage to your home and threaten the health of your family. An experienced exterminator will have the tools and knowledge necessary to effectively eliminate the pests and prevent them from returning. Look for an exterminator with a good reputation, and be sure to ask about their experience with the specific type of pest you are dealing with. They can use different methods such as baiting, dusting, or liquid treatment, depending on the severity of the infestation. Additionally, you should look for exterminators that use eco-friendly and safe methods to protect your family, pets and the environment. With the right exterminator, you can rest assured that your pest problem will be solved quickly and effectively, ensuring the safety and protection of your family and property. Contact us today, and we'll start getting rid of your pest issues right away.
Pest Control In Ellicott City, MD
Miche Pest Control provides extermination services that get rid of ants, spiders, cockroaches, and more from homes and businesses in Ellicott City, MD. We get rid of pests fast by using a combination of highly effective treatment methods, using the best products available for the specific pests that you're seeing. Our most popular plan in Ellicott City, MD is our quarterly pest control service. Included in each quarterly service from Miche Pest Control:
Spider Web Removal
Wasp & Hornet Nest Removal
4 to 6 Foot Barrier Spray For Crawling Insects
10 Foot Granular Barrier To Push Bugs Away From The Home
Detailed Crack & Crevice Treatments
Inside Treatment As Needed
This service is designed to be thorough enough on the outside that you shouldn't need inside treatment, but the inside is always included when needed and/or requested. We use products that are registered with the EPA, and labeled for use in and around homes, hospitals, day cares, and pet kennels. The first service gets rid of any current pest issues, and immediately starts working to keep pests from coming back after they've been eliminated. A few months later, once the products break down and egg sacs start hatching, the pests usually come back - that's why we do four services per year, and more if you need. If you're having issues with covered pests in between regular services, just let us know and as needed, we'll go back out in between services at no extra cost.
What Do Residents Of Ellicott City MD Need To Know About Rats?
According to the Health Department of Howard County, the type of rat most commonly found in Ellicott City is the Norway rat, though it may be referred to as a brown rat, house rat, sewer rat, wharf rat or barn rat. Norway rats have bodies that are 7 to 10 inches long, with tails between 6 and 8 inches long. They have coarse hair that is usually brown or dark grey, with lighter-colored fur on their bellies.
Norway rats in Ellicott City can be vectors for Typhus, Leptospirosis, Trichinosis, Salmonellosis, and Rat Bite Fever, among other diseases.
Norway rats are peri-domestic, which means they like to live close to people. They burrow to make nests underneath buildings, beneath concrete slabs, along stream banks, around ponds, in garbage dumps, and any other location that can provide enough food, water, and shelter. These rats rarely venture more than 150 feet from their nest, but can frequently be found searching for food 100 to 150 feet from their nest.
A rat infestation is a violation of the Howard County Code, Section 12.110. The responsibility for the abatement of rats belongs to the person who owns or rents the property on which the infestation exists.
Guide To Avoiding Rodents In Ellicott City MD
That telltale scratching is every homeowner’s worst nightmare. Dealing with rodents is a time-consuming, disgusting, and expensive endeavor. They leave behind feces, spread disease, and reproduce at an alarming rate. We're all worried about rodents scurrying around our homes at night.
Here are some tips to help prevent them from entering your home in the first place:
- Locate and eliminate possible entry points - Cracks in the foundation, holes in the siding, openings for utility cables – these all allow rodents to climb inside.
- Clean your home often - Any food left lying around – crumbs, fruit in bowls – can attract rodents. So can open trash cans. Rodents are in constant search for food, so its important to eliminate their potential food sources.
- Landscape frequently - Mowing your lawn, trimming shrubbery and trees, and cleaning up organic matter (like fruits fallen from trees) goes a long way in keeping rodents at bay.
Miche Pest Control is ready to step in if you need help with your rodent infestation. Contact us today, and we will inspect your property for rodent activity and come up with a rodent control plan to remove rodents and repair rodent damage.
Rodent Control In Ellicott City, MD
Miche Pest Control provides rodent control services for mice, rats, and voles in Ellicott City, MD. We get rid of rodents fast by using a combination of trapping, entry point exclusion, and outside bait stations. Included in your first rodent control service from Miche Pest Control:
- Entry Point Inspection
- Sealing Rodent Entry Points
- Trapping Mice & Rats Inside
- Tamper-Resistant Bait Stations Outside
We use tamper-resistant bait stations combined with products that are registered with the EPA, and labeled for use in and around homes, day cares, and pet kennels. The first service gets rid of any existing rats, mice, or voles, and immediately starts working to keep rodents from coming back after they've been eliminated. A couple months later, once the bait starts to deteriorate or run out and rodent populations start rebounding, mice and rats usually come back - that's why we do six services per year, and more if you need. If you're having issues with rodents in between regular services, just let us know and as needed, we'll go back out in between services at no extra cost.
6 Things Homeowners In Ellicott City Can Do To Help Prevent Mosquito Bites
- Get rid of standing water near your home: All a female mosquito needs is an inch of water to lay batches of 100 to 200 eggs. To prevent mosquitoes from breeding near your home, you'll need to remove any containers that can collect water, and make sure your yard drains properly.
- Keep mosquitoes from getting inside: Keep mosquitoes out by making sure the screens in the windows of your home are installed properly, and don't have any holes. Ensure doors and non-screened windows aren't left open, especially at dawn and dusk, when mosquitoes are most active.
- Wear mosquito repellent outdoors: Be sure to read and follow the label directions when applying mosquito repellents. Do not use too much, and apply them only to exposed skin and clothing. Do not use them under clothing, near the eyes and mouth, and don't apply it over cuts, wounds or irritated skin. Avoid breathing in mosquito sprays.
- Wear light colored clothing, especially when you're outside: Dark and bright colors stand out, so they attract bugs like mosquitoes. To attract less attention from unwanted insects, make sure you wear light colored clothing, such as white or tan.
- Stay indoors at sunrise and sunset: In Ellicott City, there are both day-biting and night-biting mosquitoes. Dawn and dusk create the perfect conditions for mosquitoes to bite, so when possible, if you're looking to avoid getting bitten by mosquitoes, try avoiding the outdoors during sunrise and sunset.
- Make yourself less appealing: Especially during peak mosquito feeding times, avoid doing things that can attract mosquitoes. Mosquitoes are attracted to carbon dioxide and body odor, and have been shown to be drawn towards people that have recently had a beer. While you can't prevent yourself from breathing (and exhaling CO2), you can try working out at different times of the day, when you're less likely to be bitten by mosquitoes.
Mosquito Control In Ellicott City, MD
Miche Pest Control provides mosquito control services in Ellicott City, MD. We get rid of mosquitoes fast by combining yard fogging with larvicide applications, using high quality products for lasting protection from mosquitoes, ticks, and fleas outside. Included in each mosquito control service from Miche Pest Control:
- Yard Fogging For Fast Relief From Mosquitoes
- Larvicide Applications To Keep Them From Coming Back
- High Quality Products For Lasting Protection, Rain Or Shine
Not only does this cover mosquitoes, but it also works on ticks and fleas outside. We use products that are registered with the EPA, and labeled for use around homes, hospitals, day cares, and pet kennels. The first service gets rid of any existing mosquitoes, and immediately starts working to keep mosquitoes from coming back after they've been eliminated. Three to four weeks later, once the products break down and eggs start hatching, the mosquitoes usually come back - that's why we do eight services per year, and more if you need. If you're having issues with mosquitoes in between regular services, just let us know and as needed, we'll go back out in between services at no extra cost.
3 Things Ellicott City MD Residents Should Know About Termites
When it comes to termites, you don’t want to play around. They can cost you thousands in repairs. Furthermore, they're difficult to detect and eliminate. To determine whether or not you have an infestation, its important to work with a professional. If you notice termite damage, chances are your problem is well underway. Our professionals at Miche Pest Control have experience in protecting your home from termites.
In spite of their damage, termites are well-organized insects. They live in a caste system and mainly survive off eating cellulose, a material found in wood. In addition, here are some other facts about termites:
- A termite colony lives as long as the queen does. Kill the queen, kill the colony. This, however, is easier said than done.
- Termites don’t just eat wood. They’ll eat glue, paper, plastic, and drywall too.
- Some termites can fly! These are called swarmers, and they start swarming when it’s time to make a new colony. If you see swarmers, a colony is well established.
The dangers of termites cannot be understated. At the first sign of a potential termite infestation, call Miche Pest Control. We’ll inspect your property to make sure those termites don’t cause any damage. If we do find a termite infestation, we will work with you to eliminate the colony and help you find the resources to repair and protect your property. Learn more about our termite control services.
Termite Control In Ellicott City, MD
Miche Pest Control provides termite control services in Ellicott City, MD. We get rid of termites fast by combining termite bait stations with direct treatment of areas with termite damage and live termites, providing fast relief from termite infestations as well as lasting protection from existing and future termite populations. Included in your first termite control service from Miche Pest Control:
- Spot Treatment Of Areas With Termite Damage
- Spot Treatment Of Areas With Live Termites
- Installation Of Termite Bait Stations For Lasting Protection
This service plan provides year round protection from subterranean termites. We use products that are registered with the EPA, and labeled for use around homes, hospitals, day cares, and pet kennels. The first service is designed to get rid of an existing termite infestation, and immediately starts working to keep termites from coming back after they've been eliminated. The bait stations are loaded with enough bait to last a year - that's why we do at least one service per year, and more if you need. If you're having issues with termites in between regular services, just let us know and we'll go back out in between services at no extra cost.
Stink Bug Prevention Tips For Ellicott City MD Residents
Stink bugs are harmless, but they stink. You don’t want that odor wafting around your property. These stink bug prevention tips will help you get rid of stink bugs without creating a mess:
- Seal off any entry points - This doesn’t just mean cracks in the foundation or holes in the sidings. Check window screens and door seals too!
- Reduce moisture and fix leaks - Not only does this prevent stink bugs, but it also prevents other pests.
- Inspect and clean up food - Stink bugs can come home with your groceries. Food waste attracts other pests as well.
- Turn off the lights - Excessive lighting attracts both stink bugs and other pests. Turn off outdoor lights when not in use and use curtains/shades to avoid light leakage.
If you're noticing stink bugs inside your home, know that you're not alone. Our professionals at Miche Pest Control are experienced in stink bug removal and we will help you get rid of these unwanted insects!
Home Pest Control In Ellicott City MD
Protecting you and your family from pests isn’t just an important priority for you – it’s an important priority to us too. Miche Pest Control wants to make sure pests can’t take over your home and your life. We offer a variety of different pest control service plans that tackle dozens of notable, dangerous pests.
If you're struggling with rodents, mosquitoes, fleas, ticks, ants, stinging insects, termites, moths, beetles, or other unwanted critters, contact us today. You won’t have to lift a finger – we’ll do the hard pest control work for you.
We offer regular service plans to help ensure that your home stays pest-free all year long. Whether you're looking for bi-monthly, monthly, or quarterly care, we have the option that works for you. Specifically, we believe in utilizing outdoor pest control treatments that will stop pests from getting inside. We spray your foundation, apply a granular barrier and dusting treatment, and we sweep your eaves to remove wasp nests and spider webs.
If you're experiencing a localized or smaller infestation, we also offer one-time treatments. These treatments are customized for your needs and your situation. Whether you're struggling with carpenter ants, mice, mosquitoes, or other pests, we will come up with an affordable plan that works. Our treatments work around your schedule and your routine, not ours.
We stand behind our work with a pest-free guarantee. If your pest problem returns in-between scheduled services, we will come back to your home and treat again, at no extra charge. When you use Miche Pest Control to tackle your pest issues, you can rest easy knowing we’re keeping your family safe.
Get Rid Of Pests With Miche Pest Control
Bee | Crickets | Hornets | Yellowjackets | Termites | Ticks | Lady Bugs | Rats | Silverfish | Spiders | Carpenter Bees | Cockroaches | Fleas | Wasps | Earwigs | Centipedes | Mosquitoes | Stink Bugs | Carpenter Ants | Ants | Voles | Millipedes | Fire Ants | Mice | Springtails | Clover Mites | Bed Bugs | Hornets | and more!
Click here to see a more complete list of pests that we can get rid of for you.
Ellicott City MD
Ellicott City is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in, and the county seat of, Howard County, Maryland. Part of the Baltimore metropolitan area, it is the largest unincorporated county seat in the country. Ellicott City's historic downtown – the Ellicott City Historic District – lies in the valleys of the Tiber and Patapsco rivers. The historic district includes the Ellicott City Station, which is the oldest surviving train station in the United States, having been built in 1830 as the first terminus of the original B&O Railroad line. The historic district is often called "Historic Ellicott City" or "Old Ellicott City" to distinguish it from the surrounding suburbs that extend south to Columbia and west to West Friendship.
Ellicott City is in northeastern Howard County, bordered to the east and north by the Patapsco River, which forms the Baltimore County line. The Ellicott City census-designated place (CDP) extends to the northwest beyond Marriottsville Road and to the southwest beyond Centennial Road. It is bordered to the south by Columbia at Maryland Route 108 and to the southeast by Ilchester at Maryland Route 104 and Bonnie Branch Road.
Ellicott City is claimed to be built on seven hills. These hills lie southeast of the Historic District, which is in the Tiber River valley immediately west of the Patapsco River. The Tiber River is a small tributary of the Patapsco that forms the narrow valley followed by Main Street. Several deep stream valleys converge at this location, which increases the risk of flooding, but at the same time creates the town's heights. The heart of the Historic District is Main Street, where the oldest structures of the town stand. Smaller neighborhoods within the district include Tongue Row adjacent to Old Columbia Pike, and the West End, at the western end of Main Street.
Numerous paths and trails surround Ellicott City for recreational and commuting purposes. The Grist Mill Trail in Patapsco Valley State Park runs parallel to the Patapsco River in Baltimore County, connecting Ilchester Road to Gun Road in Relay. The trail is known for the Patapsco Swinging Bridge. The Trolley Line Number 9 Trail in nearby Oella also connects Ellicott City to Catonsville.
Latest Blog Posts
December 04, 2023
Discover the signs, symptoms, and effective treatments for bed bug bites. Expert insights on identifying, treating, and preventing discomfort.Read More
November 27, 2023
Antex Pest Control in Utah has recently converted into a Miche Pest Control franchise. The ownership of Antex Pest Control is staying the same.Read More