The Key To Completely Getting Rid Of Fleas In Your Virginia Home
November 14, 2022 - Fleas
Fleas are one of pet owners’ biggest worries and can appear seemingly out of nowhere, even if you don’t own a cat or a dog. Unfortunately, once they have started to multiply, they can be very difficult to get rid of for many reasons. If fleas have taken over your home, now is the time to learn how to identify an infestation, understand why fleas are a health hazard to both people and pets, and discover all the ways that fleas can find their way into your home. If you are struggling with a flea infestation, Miche Pest Control provides pest control in Virginia you can rely on to get rid of it safely and effectively.
How To Identify A Flea Infestation
A flea infestation can be identified by the following signs:
- Live fleas: While very small, fleas can often be seen by the naked eye. If you see tiny black dots on your pet’s fur, it could be actual fleas or flea dirt (what their feces are commonly referred to as).
- Excessive scratching and licking: If your pets are licking or scratching themselves excessively, sometimes to the point of having bald spots, it could be due to fleas.
- Red bumps: If you notice red bumps on yourself or other members of the household, you could be the victim of flea bites.
There are many ways to identify a flea infestation, but these are some of the most common signs. If you notice any of them, it is time to look for a local pest control company to get rid of fleas in your home safely, as they can be a health hazard to both people and pets.
Fleas Are A Health Hazard To Both People And Pets
Fleas are hazardous to people and pets for several reasons. First, they are a biting pest that will prefer to pick cats and dogs as hosts, but will settle for people if needed. Their bites can be painful, and can get infected as well. Also, fleas are vectors of several illnesses. Some of the diseases fleas carry include spotted fever, plague, typhus fever, and cat scratch fever. And finally, fleas can cause tapeworms in people and pets, as well as anemia when the infestation is severe. In order to avoid a flea infestation, it is important to learn about all the ways that fleas can find their way into your home.
All The Ways Fleas Can Find Their Way Into Your Home
There are many ways that fleas can find their way into your home. For instance:
- Pets: Pets can get fleas through being in contact with other infected animals, and then bring them indoors.
- Old furniture: Fleas can live on old furniture, books, clothes, and more.
- Other pests: Fleas can come in through wild animals including rodents like mice, rats, and squirrels.
If you suspect that fleas have taken over, it is time to call the pros for total flea control to keep your household safe.
Call The Pros For Total Flea Control For Your Home
The best way to get rid of fleas is to call the pros. At Miche Pest Control, we are a family-owned & operated pest control company proudly serving the Virginia area with top-rated treatments and prevention techniques. Contact us today to schedule your home inspection and get a personalized quote. Our products are EPA-approved and safe for use anywhere including homes, hospitals, daycares, and pet kennels.
Fleas are dangerous pests that can cause anything from painful bites to life-threatening illnesses that can affect both humans and pets. Contact us today to put your flea infestation behind you safely and effectively.
Technician was on time, called before arriving- answered all my question and was kind and treated our place with care. I’ll definitely use the service for other properties and will recommend.