The Best Way To Get Rid Of An Ant Infestation In Your Home
October 09, 2022 - Ants
Places like kitchens and bathrooms are likely places homeowners will discover an ant infestation. Luckily, professional pest control can help remove ants and deter their return. Keep reading to learn what attracts ants, how to get rid of ants naturally, and effective ant control.
Clear Signs Of An Ant Infestation In Your Home
It won't take long for signs of a thriving ant colony and a consequent ant infestation to show inside your home.
Here are clear signs of an ant infestation:
- You see piles of sawdust, wood shavings, or dirt.
- There are frequent sightings of ants inside the home.
- Rustling noises from the walls occur at night.
- Occasionally there are discarded wings on the floor or nearby windows.
Using a mix of different ant control solutions can help stop an ant infestation. But if ants are persistently inside the home, it's time to seek ant pest control services near you.
All The Problems An Ant Infestation Can Create In Your Home
Pest control services can help homeowners solve specific problems caused by an ant infestation. Carpenter ants can quickly cause significant damage in older wooden homes. Invasive fire ants give painful stings when threatened. Pharaoh ants are excellent at hiding and spreading bacteria.
The biggest problems that an infestation of ants creates include:
- Ants spread diseases and pathogens such as E.coli, Shigella, Salmonella, and Clostridium.
- Carpenter ants may cause damage that compromises a home's structural integrity.
- Stings or bites from ants may cause irritation or an adverse allergic reaction.
When left untreated, infestations of ants can lead to costly repairs and health problems for humans and pets. Focus on administering an ant control solution quickly and taking preventative measures.
The Best Way To Get Rid Of An Ant Infestation In Your Home Fast!
The best way to quickly get rid of an ant infestation is by partnering with the pest control experts at Miche Pest Control. No matter what type of ant you are dealing with, our team has the solutions for you. Our general pest plans cover ants and a wide variety of other pests. Our services are amazingly thorough, but we will even come back in between regular visits if needed. For quality ant control that you can rely on, contact Miche Pest Control today.
Naturally Effective Tips To Prevent Future Ant Problems In Your Home
Don't make it easy for ants to return and set up a colony in your home. Instead, use the following tips to help prevent an infestation of ants.
- Frequently clean your home and store food and water out of reach from ants.
- Sprinkle a mix of borax powder and sugar or spritz diluted cayenne pepper where you see ants.
- Spread diatomaceous earth around your home's entry and exit points to deter ants.
- Don't leave pet food out, and keep the pet food bowl clean, so ants aren't interested.
- Create barriers and seal insects out of your home. Fix gaps, holes, and crack around windows, doors, and walls.
Ants are common pests found inside homes, garages, and other spaces where there is food, moisture, and hiding places. Look for signs of an ant infestation throughout the year, deter ants from hanging around, and contact Miche Pest Control to keep your home ant-free.
Always on time and communicative. Mr. Miche is a great person to have on our family team to keep our household working right!