Rodent Control Services In Washington DC
Miche Pest Control is a family owned and operated pest control company that provides residential and commercial rodent control services for homes and businesses in Washington DC and the surrounding areas. Our expert rodent exterminators get rid of rodent infestations quickly using combinations of highly effective pest management strategies to both eliminate existing rodents and prevent their return. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today or book online!
Rodent Exterminator Serving Washington DC
If you are experiencing a rodent problem in Washington DC, hiring a professional rodent exterminator can be the most effective way to get rid of the pests and prevent them from returning. Rodents, such as mice and rats, can carry diseases and cause damage to your property, so it is important to take action as soon as possible. Our trained and certified exterminators will be able to identify the type of rodent you have and recommend the most effective treatment plan. This may include a combination of bait stations, traps, and exclusion methods to prevent the rodents from returning. In addition to removing the rodents, our professional exterminators will also be able to identify and seal any entry points to prevent new rodents from entering your home or business. Don't let a rodent infestation ruin your home or business - contact us to hire a reputable rodent exterminator today!
Types Of Rodents Found In Washington DC
You can find many types of rodents lurking around the mid-Atlantic region, but a few species are most common in this area. Here are some of the most common types of rodents found in Washington DC:
House mice are usually light brown or gray in color with a light-colored underbelly. Overall, they are smaller than rats, but their ears are relatively large, and their tails are comparatively long to the size of their bodies.
Norway rats have grayish-brown coats of fur and can measure up to ten inches long. They are excellent diggers and stay close to the ground.
Voles are active both above and underneath the ground. They are stocky and round, like a potato, with short black or brown hair, a darker belly, tiny feet, sharp claws, and small yet cutting teeth.
If you think you may be dealing with rodent activity around your DC home or business, the best thing you can do is reach out to your local pest experts. That’s the only guaranteed way to protect yourself against the threats of infestation.
Three Problems Rodents Cause In Washington DC
When rodents invade DC properties, they are very easily capable of stirring up trouble. Three of the key issues that they are associated with are:
- Property damage. The rodent family is well known for their front incisor teeth that can grow unwieldy if they aren’t tended to regularly. This means that rodents are very likely to chew incessantly on anything they can find in order to prevent their teeth from becoming uncomfortable. Often, this leads to holes in walls, ruined personal belongings, and frayed electrical wires.
- Other pest infestations. Rodents are one of the fastest ways that parasite infestations spread, as they are very often hosts to them. Some of the pests that rodents spread are mites, fleas, and ticks. These infestations can be particularly dangerous for households with pets.
- Health risks. Through their fecal matter, urine, and saliva, rodents are affiliated with the spread of hantavirus, salmonella, tularemia, and leptospirosis. Additionally, when particles of these byproducts spread throughout the air, they are linked with increased asthma attacks and allergic reactions.
For more information on safe and effective rodent control, contact Miche Pest Control today.
Guide To Detecting Rodent Activity On Your Property In Washington DC
A rodent infestation has many dangerous consequences that negatively impact your health and safety, not to mention the damage that rodents can do to your property. The sooner you're able to detect a rodent infestation, the better. These hairy little intruders breed rapidly, so it's important to identify any rodent activity before the infestation can grow out of control.
If you're looking for signs of rodent activity, watch out for any droppings and nesting materials like fabrics, shredded paper, and dried plant matter. You may discover rubbing and gnawing marks along the walls and indications of chewing on food packaging. If your pets are acting a little strange, perhaps a bit fidgety and on edge, that may also indicate rodent activity.
If you suspect any rodents in your home or business, the safest thing to do is seek help from pest control experts. The team at Miche Pest Control is diligent in providing effective rodent extermination and prevention, guaranteeing year-long protection that you can depend on. Call us today!
Rodent Control: The Best Way To Stop Rodents On Your DC Property
Rodent infestation poses a real threat to your health and safety, and as we’ve mentioned, it’s vital to be proactive in your prevention efforts. Here are some additional ways to stop rodents from infesting your DC property:
- Block off entry points, and seal up all cracks and crevices around the property.
- Reduce excess moisture throughout your property to eliminate water sources.
- Properly store all food in gnaw-proof containers to eliminate access to food sources.
- Maintain a clean environment in the house and outside (such as yard and landscaping).
While these tips can certainly help, there’s no way around it: the best protection from rodent infestation is ongoing rodent solutions from the pest professionals. The team of qualified experts at Miche Pest Control is here to help. Reach out today to address your rodent control and prevention needs; we’re ready when you are.
Controlling Rodents On Properties In Washington DC
Discovering rodents in your home or business is an unpleasant experience that we don’t wish upon anyone. However, it’s a reality here in Washington DC, and it’s a good idea to be prepared. If you want to do everything you can to avoid rodent infestation on your property, there are some preventative measures you can take:
- Clean up spills and crumbs right away.
- Eliminate access to food sources.
- Get rid of any excess moisture and water sources.
- Keep food properly stored in gnaw-proof containers.
- Maintain proper cleanliness.
- Make sure to block off entry points.
- Reduce clutter and vacuum regularly.
- Remove any wood piles and yard debris.
- Store trash outside in a tightly sealed metal container.
While these tips are a great place to start, your best protection from rodent infestation is ongoing rodent control services from the pros. Call the qualified experts at Miche Pest Control to address your rodent control and prevention needs today. We know what it takes to eliminate them and keep them off of your property all year long.
How To Prevent Rodent Infestations In Washington DC
Rodent infestations are best managed by preventing them from occurring in the first place. Whenever possible, implement the following best practices to keep the occasional rat or mouse from becoming a full-blown problem:
- Do not leave pet food out overnight, especially outside
- Avoid feeding wild birds, or use above ground, squirrel-proof bird feeders
- Store dry pet food and birdseed in covered containers
- Clean up vegetable gardens regularly
- Dispose of fallen fruit from trees and shrubs
- Use covered trash containers
- Regularly work yard waste and compost piles
- Keep grass cut, especially around sheds and buildings, and along fences
- Store firewood and lumber at least 12 to 18 inches off the ground
- Fill in rodent burrows around sheds, concrete slabs, and porch steps
- Seal holes in outside walls around pipes and utility lines using concrete or sheet metal.
- Screen attic and crawl space vents, and other louvered openings outside using 1/4 inch mesh hardware cloth
Sometimes, even the best of preventative measures aren't enough to keep the mice and rats away. For professional rodent control services, you can count on Miche Pest Control's team of expert technicians. To get started getting rid of rodents or keeping them away from your home or business, give us a call today!
Rodent Prevention Tips Every Homeowner In Washington DC Should Know
Keeping rats & mice out of your home is a priority for all homeowners. With the risks posed by rodents (electrical fires, filthiness, and diseases), letting them run rampant is a bad call. Thankfully, you can use these prevention tips to stop rodents from invading your property.
- Keep your home clean. Wiping up spills, cleaning up food debris, and taking the trash out regularly gives rodents fewer food sources. Don’t forget to clean behind appliances.
- Remove water sources. Leaks, stagnant water, and humidity invite rodents to your home. They need water to live. Get rid of their options and they’ll leave.
- Get rid of potential hiding spots. Rodents love to stay hidden, and a messy home provides many places to hide.
- Store food in plastic containers. Rodents can chew through almost anything, so store food in containers that they can’t break into. Putting these containers in your fridge is even better.
If rodents are causing issues, you’ll need the help of a professional pest control company like Miche Pest Control to get rid of them. Through strategic trapping, baiting, and exclusion, we break up the rodent population and drive them out.
Washington DC, formally known as the District of Columbia, more commonly known as DC, is the official capital of the United States of America. It is located on east side of the Potomac River, bordering Maryland and Virginia. The United States Congress held its first session there in 1800. The city was named after George Washington, a Founding Father and the first president of the United States. The federal district was named after Columbia, a female personification of our nation. As the seat of the US federal government and several international organizations, DC is an important world political capital. It is one of the most visited cities in the US, with over 24 million visitors in 2019.
The District of Columbia is not a part of any U.S. state. The signing of the Residence Act on July 16, 1790, approved the creation of a capital district located along the Potomac River near the country's Atlantic Coast. The City of Washington was founded in 1791 to serve as the national capital. In 1801, the land, formerly part of Maryland and Virginia (at the time including the settlements of Georgetown and Alexandria), officially became recognized as the federal district. In 1846, Congress returned to Virginia the portion of Washington DC that had been originally ceded by Virginia, including the cities of Alexandria and Arlington; in 1871, it created a single municipal government for the remaining portion of the district.
DC is divided into quadrants (NW, NE, SE, and SW), centered on the United States Capitol (aka the Capitol Building or Capitol Hill), with 8 wards, 37 Advisory Neighborhood Commissions, and 127 named neighborhoods. It is the 20th-most populous city in the US. Commuters from the surrounding suburbs in Maryland and Northern Virginia raise the city's daytime population to more than one million during the workweek. Washington DC's metropolitan area is the country's sixth-largest metropolitan area, and includes portions of Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia.
Arlington VA (3 miles), Bethesda MD (6 miles), Hyattsville MD (6 miles), Silver Spring MD (6 miles), Alexandria VA (7 miles), Falls Church VA (7 miles), Springfield VA (11 miles), Rockville MD (14 miles), Bowie MD (15 miles), Fairfax VA (15 miles), Laurel MD (17 miles), Upper Marlboro MD (17 miles), Gaithersburg MD (19 miles), Herndon VA (19 miles), Woodbridge VA (21 miles), Columbia MD (23 miles), Ashburn VA (26 miles), Manassas VA (26 miles), Ellicott City MD (28 miles), Annapolis MD (30 miles), Leesburg VA (32 miles), Baltimore MD (35 miles), Frederick MD (40 miles), Fredericksburg VA (48 miles)
Recent Blog Articles
Tick Talk: Understanding The Dangers And How To Prevent Them
June 07, 2023
Troubled by ticks hiding in your yard, ready to use you as their personal buffet? Learn how Miche Pest Control can eradicate these bloodthirsty arachnids f...Read More
How Do I Get Rid Of Silverfish In My House Fast?
June 03, 2023
Aggravated by a silverfish issue in your home? Learn how the professionals at Miche Pest Control can eliminate these bizarre-looking insects in no time.Read More