Top Rated Bee Control Services For Homes & Businesses In Washington DC, Maryland & Northern Virginia
Miche Pest Control is a top rated, family owned and operated, full service pest control company that provides exterminating services for bees in Washington DC, Maryland, and Northern Virginia. Our expert technicians get rid of bees fast, and use preventative methods to help keep bees from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - click on the button below to get started, or give us a call today!
What are bees?
Bees have oval-shaped bodies with hair on their bodies. The hair is essential to their survival as it helps them to collect the pollen that they bring back to the nest. Bees are a vital part of the ecosystem, helping to pollinate crops, plants, and trees.
Some of the most common species of bees living in our area are:
- Carpenter bee
- Honey bee
- Sweat bee
Are bees dangerous?
Bees pose a danger to people because the venom they inject into us is potent enough to trigger serious allergic reactions in those susceptible.
When it comes to many species of bees it is important to remember that they will die after stinging their threat. This means that bees only sting as a last resort. In most cases, if you leave them alone and give them space they will leave you alone.
In addition to the health problems bees cause, some also cause damage to the structures of our homes.
- Carpenter bees bore holes in the exterior of pieces of wood and tunnel through it to create nesting sites- causing structural damage to our homes and wooden structures located on our properties.
- Honey bees are problematic when they decide to nest in our homes. When the nests are eventually abandoned the decaying nest will attract other insects and the leftover honey will cause mold issues.
Despite the problems bees can cause- bees are important, destroying a nest is never advised. The best option is to contact a trained professional that can correctly identify the bees present and safely remove the nests.
Why do I have a bee problem?
Bees could be buzzing around your yard because they have built a nest somewhere in your yard or because they are flying over from a neighbors property to take advantage of the food sources your yard is offering them.
Like most pests, bees are opportunistic and adaptable. They are capable of taking over any property that provides them with their basic needs. While bees are most problematic around properties near their natural habitats like wooded areas, fields, or meadows, they can make themselves at home in almost any suburban or urban space.
Where will I find bees?
Bees are most abundant during the summer months when the temperature is warmest and there are plenty of food sources available.
Common places to find bee nesting in our yards include:
- Within trees, shrubs, or within pieces of wood or wooden structures.
- Under foofeaves, porch steps, or decks.
- Sweat bees like to nest in the ground in open sunny areas.
- Carpenter bees nest within pieces of wood.
Bees also sometimes find their way into our homes to nest. Chimneys, attics, and wall voids are common areas to find these stinging insects.
How do I get rid of bees?
Don’t try to remove a bee nest from your property on your own. Partner with the licensed experts here at Miche Pest Control. Our friendly, highly trained professionals use effective and modern pest control methods and products to control bees and other common household pests living in and around your home or business. To learn more about the exceptional bee control and removal services we offer throughout our service areas in Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, D.C., contact Miche Pest Control today!
How can I prevent bees in the future?
Preventing problems with bees is difficult, but we want to help you guard your property against bees by offering these helpful prevention tips:
- Inspect your home’s exterior walls, foundation, and roofline, sealing spaces discovered to stop bees from moving into our home’s wall voids.
- Keep covers on your home’s vents and chimneys.
- Eliminate standing water on your property that bees could use as a water source.
- Remove fallen trees, woodpiles, or other debris from your yard that bees could build a hive within. Re-seed bare spots in your lawn.
- Cut shrubbery and tree branches back away from your home.
Cities We Serve
Washington DC | Alexandria VA | Baltimore MD | Arlington VA | Silver Spring MD | Fairfax VA | Woodbridge VA | Rockville MD | Fredericksburg VA | Ashburn VA | Gaithersburg MD | Falls Church VA | Frederick MD | Columbia MD | Manassas VA | Bethesda MD | Bowie MD | Springfield VA | Herndon VA | Laurel MD | Ellicott City MD | Upper Marlboro MD | Annapolis MD | Hyattsville MD | Leesburg VA | and more!
Click here for a more complete list of cities that we serve.
Recent Blog Articles
October 01, 2022
Are the rats in Maryland looking to invade your home? Find out why these pests invade today and what methods do not work to get them out.Read More
September 30, 2022
Do you know how to control carpenter bees in Washington, D.C.? We do! Learn today what it takes to give these dangerous pests the boot.Read More