What To Do About Rats On Your Property
December 23, 2022 - Rats
Author - Tom Miche
Rats are a huge issue in urban areas. They are highly adaptable and not afraid to live anywhere. They are scavengers by nature, and the easy availability of food sources suits them well. They are good at hiding, fast on their feet, and reproduce quickly. Urban residents face rats on a daily basis, and no homeowner wants to find rats in their home.
You do not want to find a rat infestation in your home, either. If you do, however, call Miche Pest Control immediately. We are your best choice for home pest control.
How To Tell If It's Rats Lurking Around Your Property
One of the biggest challenges for homeowners is identifying the difference between rats and mice. Here are some ways to tell the difference:
- Cautious vs. curious: Rats are very elusive. Mice are curious, and will explore.
- Big vs. small: Rats are much larger than mice. Rats average a whole pound in weight.
- Burrows vs. nests: Mice build nests, while some rats are known to dig burrows.
- Water needs: Rats need vastly more water than mice, and situate near water sources.
- Who eats who: Rats will kill mice for food. Mice steadfastly avoid rats.
- Longevity: Rats live up to two years, or roughly twice as long as mice.
- Droppings: Rat droppings are the size of beans. Mouse droppings are rice-sized.
At the end of the day, it doesn't much matter if it is rats or mice on your property. Both can carry diseases and both can cause extensive damage to your home. If you see any sort of rodent invader in your home, call Miche Pest Control. We can identify the issue and then suggest the solution that will work best for your specific situation.
Rats Cause Property Damage And Spread Diseases
Rats and mice do share characteristics. Both of them love moving into homes when they can, and both are great at damaging houses in many ways. Rats and mice love to chew on wires and cables, chew through wood, contaminate food, and leave droppings everywhere. Rats are associated with leptospirosis, salmonellosis, foot and mouth disease, listeria, hantavirus, cryptosporidiosis, and E. coli infections. All of these can cause considerable sickness, and some can even cause fatalities.
A rat problem can become a health issue. If you have rats, you need a rat exterminator. Miche Pest Control is the rat extermination company you want on your side. Contact us today so that we can help you with all of your pest control concerns.
The Most Effective Way To Get Rid Of Rats On Your Property
Rats are smart, wary, and industrious. They are considered more difficult to treat than mice once they get in, and proper rat control techniques must be implemented in order to get rats out of your house once you detect them. Generic DIY pest control targeted at rats is often ineffective, because rats tend to avoid new things in their environment. To absolutely get the best results with rat control, it is important to secure professional pest control experts. Instead of you needing to know all of the aspects of rat control, you can count on the professionals to do the job for you.
Five Tips To Prevent Future Rat Infestations On Your Property
Here are five ways you can help prevent rats from returning to your home in the future:
- Keep all outside garbage and trash cans tightly sealed. Food attracts rats.
- Seal the outside of your house. Rats can squeeze through small spaces.
- Keep inside food stores sealed. Rats are drawn inside by the smell of food.
- Keep countertops clean. Rats climb well, and will explore dirty countertops.
- Fix leaks. Rats need lots of water. Don’t give it to them.
Proper rat extermination efforts are critical when rats enter your home. Ineffective treatments allow rats to increase in numbers, and the more rats you have in your home, the more damage they can cause. Don’t take a chance when it comes to proper rat control. Get the experts involved. Let Miche Pest Control be your professional source for all of your pest control needs, including rats.
I switched from another pest control company due to high pressure sales/bad billing practices, and switched to Miche. They have been excellent. Excellent customer service, very effective pest treatments, competitive pricing. I highly recommend.