The Most Effective Ant Control Solution For Homes
January 01, 2023 - Ants
There isn't one specific time of year when ants may choose to invade your home. Know the signs before an ant infestation can develop. Learn more about this common insect pest and how to defend your property and family. The best course of action is to contact a company that provides professional pest control for help.
Types Of Ants That Invade Homes
Although ants are a critical part of maintaining the ecosystem and keeping nature in balance, it's another story altogether when they are inside your home.
Discover more about the native ants that call the Old Dominion home. Here are some ants that may frequent your property:
- Acrobat Ants: These ants measure 1/8 inch in length and are light brown or black.
- Crazy Ants: Also about 1/8 inch in length, crazy ants move erratically and are very difficult to get rid of without help.
- Carpenter Ants: This pest can destroy your home's decks, walls, and home.
- Fire Ants: These ants are red-brown to black, 1/4 inch in size, and deliver painful stings.
- Little Black Ants: As their name suggests, little black ants are usually 1/16 of an inch long and a dark black color.
- Odorous House Ants: These insects measure 1/16 to 1/8 inches long and give off a rotten odor when squished.
- Pavement Ants: These ants are brown to black, about 3/8 inch in length, and have pale legs and antennae.
- Pharaoh Ants: This ant is yellow to light brown and 1/16 inch long.
Thankfully, most ants are not dangerous or harmful to humans or pets. However, some ants are a threat and spread disease, bite or sting if disturbed, and damage property.
The Many Problems An Ant Infestation Can Create In Your Home
An ant infestation is not an event to take lightly, as different ants can cause a lot of harm. Carpenter ants may gradually destroy wooden structures and weaken structural integrity. Fire ants leave a painful sting if disturbed or threatened. Other ants can make it uncomfortable in your kitchen, pantry, bathroom, or living room. And all ants have the potential to contaminate your food.
You may discover the following in your home with an infestation of ant pests:
- Ants may create colonies near doorways or inside walls.
- These insects may contaminate food and leave trails about your property.
- Electrical housing may provide a safe harbor for ants to reside and cause damage to wiring.
- Yards aren't safe from ants, as colonies can destroy the grass.
Ants find damp, moist places, ripe fruit, open garbage, and improperly stored food attractive. Try to keep your home clean and schedule regular pest control ant treatments with Miche Pest Control.
How to get rid of ants? Regularly inspect entry points like windows, cracks, and crevices, and make repairs as needed. And most importantly, have a pest control company like Miche Pest Control treat your home. They provide ant control and prevent ants from hanging around.
Why Is It So Difficult To Get Rid Of Ants On Your Own
Because ants live in colonies with thousands of members in a complex caste system, removing ants from your home is incredibly challenging without professional help. Homemade or store-bought ant bait and traps are not generally enough to stop an infestation.
Ants can easily hide inside air conditioning units, in the cracks in walls and floors, inside insulation, and around window frames. It's wise to have a Miche Pest Control technician inspect your home for ant hideouts and use an effective ant control treatment.
Call The Pros At The First Sign Of Ants In Your House
Pests like ants are a mighty nuisance once they make themselves comfortable on your property. They can invade your kitchen pantry, feed on garbage, create fire hazards, and make life unpleasant.
When you need ant control in your house, you need Miche Pest Control's assistance. We can treat your exterior and interior and provide quarterly pest control services. Give Miche Pest Control a call for ant control solutions to keep ants away for good.
Always on time and communicative. Mr. Miche is a great person to have on our family team to keep our household working right!