Is It Dangerous To Have Carpenter Bees Around My Property?
November 04, 2022 - Carpenter Bees
Professional carpenter bee removal is one of the many reasons people seek pest control. These pests fly under the radar to most people, but just like termites, they can cause serious damage to the structural integrity of your home if you let them wreak their havoc without any interruptions. Read on to learn more about how to identify a carpenter bee infestation, the dangers of having them on your property, and how Miche Pest Control can help your home be carpenter bee-free today.
What Does A Carpenter Bee Look Like?
There are many different types of bees, but carpenter bees are unmistakable. If you have carpenter bees around your house, they will have the following defining characteristics:
- Size: Carpenter bees usually range from 3/4 of an inch to an inch in length. Many describe them as looking like large bumble bees.
- Behavior: The one nice thing about these bees is that they are much less aggressive than other stinging insects, and are likely to try to avoid you if you happen to run into them.
- Color: They have a smooth, blackish-blue abdomen, and then their thorax has that characteristic yellow, orange, and white hair. Females will have an all-black head.
If you aren’t sure what you’re dealing with, call the professionals right away. If they aren’t carpenter bees, you could risk a dangerous swarm that stings you repeatedly. If they are carpenter bees, you’ll want an expert to remove them quickly so they can’t cause any more damage. At Miche Pest Control, our technicians have the skills and tools needed to safely and efficiently remove carpenter bees before they’ve had a chance to cause too much trouble. Give us a call today.
How Dangerous Are Carpenter Bees?
Carpenter bee removal is essential to keeping your home and property safe. These pests might look like giant, friendly bumble bees, but they cause damage similar to termites. They bore into the wooden beams and boards of your house, shed, garage, barn, and anything else you own that is made of wood so they can build their nests. If given enough time, this can completely compromise the structural integrity of your home, making it unsafe to live in. Miche Pest Control provides complete, comprehensive carpenter bee removal services to rid your wooden structures of an infestation before too much damage has been done.
How Do I Get Rid Of Carpenter Bees?
It’s best to get rid of carpenter bees professionally; however, there are some things everyone can do today to try to prevent them from moving into your home in the first place:
- Fill in holes: Carpenter bees like to burrow in holes, so start by finding holes and filling them in.
- Paint or varnish your wood: Another great way to deter these pests is by painting or varnishing your wooden structures.
- Hang up wind chimes: The vibration of wind chimes is disorienting to carpenter bees, and they can be a great way to keep them from getting too close to your home.
The professionals at Miche Pest Control will implement proven prevention strategies to keep the carpenter bees away from your home for good once they have been removed. If you still aren’t sure what’s luring them to your property, give us a call for help today.
How Do I Prevent Future Carpenter Bee Infestations?
Carpenter bees are persistent and can be difficult to avoid. Fortunately, with the help of Miche Pest Control, your home and property can be protected year-round with the use of our treatments, which are the most powerful available on the professional market. With more than 26,000 services provided, we pride ourselves on doing pest control right, and providing superior customer service experiences. If you’re worried about your home, don’t wait; give us a call today!
Always on time and communicative. Mr. Miche is a great person to have on our family team to keep our household working right!