Flea Control 101: What Every Homeowner Needs To Know
January 09, 2023 - Fleas
If you have a home, you could have a flea problem. You don’t even have to have a pet on your property for this troublesome pest to upend your life. Learn what attracts fleas and how to remove them from your home. When fleas threaten your health and happiness, immediately contact quality pest control, such as Miche Pest Control, for a solution.
How To Identify A Flea Infestation
How to rid your house of fleas? First, you need to determine if this pest’s presence is the reason for itchy skin, small blisters, hives, and other adverse reactions.
If you notice the following in your home, there’s a strong possibility that you have a flea infestation. When you constantly notice welts, blisters, or red bites on your body, this pest may be to blame. Also, you may see flea eggs or small bits of black flea dirt on or around furniture, pet bedding, and carpets. Fleas themselves are small and black with large hind legs for jumping. If your pets have fleas, you may notice that they begin to scratch incessantly, bite at their fur, or begin to have bald spots.
Is there a specific time of year when flea season strikes? Unfortunately, depending on your location, fleas might be active year-round.
These pests are active when the weather is warmer and thrive in temperatures ranging from 65 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit. However March through December is when fleas tend to really get out of control.
How Fleas Can Be Harmful To Both People And Pets
Do fleas bite people? Yes, fleas bite and feed on people and animals. If you don’t have pets, fleas can travel to your property, hitching a ride on surrounding rodents and wildlife.
Don’t try to fix a flea problem on your own. These pests multiply quickly, as female fleas can lay as many as 50 eggs daily. Protect the members of your household because fleas cause the following problems:
- Fleas can make people and animals sick, transmitting parasites like tapeworms or bacteria from their bite.
- People may develop a strong allergic reaction to flea bites, breaking out into a rash, or worse.
- Fleas may leave their droppings on pet beds and rugs.
- Pets may constantly scratch themselves and become miserable without treatment.
Pests like fleas are bad news for people and animals. Have your home inspected and treated for fleas to stay healthy.
Six Environmentally Friendly Flea Prevention Tips For Your Home
If you are wondering how to prevent fleas, try using a few nifty tips to keep these pesky pests at bay. However, keep in mind that a pest control company like Miche Pest Control can provide a longer-lasting solution.
Here are some easy things you can do to deter fleas and minimize their populations:
- Vacuum and dust your home regularly to remove hidden flea eggs and larvae. Pay careful attention to rugs, carpets, and upholstered furniture.
- Launder bed linens for people and pets frequently and use hot, soapy water.
- If you have pets, groom them regularly and have them treated at the veterinarian for fleas.
- Tame your yard, cut back trees and shrubs, and never leave yard debris lingering and creating harborage areas for pests.
- Carefully look over any items before bringing them inside, especially if second-hand.
- Deter pests that might be carrying fleas by storing garbage carefully, not leaving food out, and reducing sources of moisture and humidity.
Don’t panic if fleas have taken over your home. Be proactive and quickly solve your flea problem so that you can enjoy a clean, pest-free home. DIY solutions will only take you so far and lose their effectiveness over time, but professional solutions will go the distance.
Call The Pros For Total Flea Control For Your House
How to get rid of fleas in the house fast? Don’t wait to get help because it gives fleas a chance to multiply rapidly and get comfortable. The health of your family and any pets depends on getting an effective flea treatment to expel these pests.
Contact Miche Pest Control to help put an end to fleas in your home. Our family-owned business stands behind our service guarantee. We ensure that pests like fleas stay gone and will offer follow-up services, so your home stays flea-free. Protect your home and loved ones and make an appointment with Miche Pest Control.
Technician was on time, called before arriving- answered all my question and was kind and treated our place with care. I’ll definitely use the service for other properties and will recommend.