Call The Pros At The First Sign Of Rats On Your Property
March 23, 2023 - Rodents
No one wants to live side-by-side with rats in their home, but do you know how to identify a rat infestation? Spotting a rat problem early on makes ending it that much easier for pest control. If you want to learn the signs for yourself, keep reading. And don't hesitate to call Miche Pest Control to put an end to your pest woes.
Clear Signs Of A Rat Infestation On Your Property
Many homeowners don't realize they have a rat problem until they see one scurrying across the floor. However, if you pay close attention, you can detect them sooner and act accordingly. Be aware of these signs of rats in your home:
- Piles of droppings: Rat droppings are small, brownish in color, and shaped like grain. You'll find them near food sources, and along the paths rats travel most.
- Teeth marks throughout your home: Rats chew on almost anything because their incisors are continually growing. You'll find teeth marks on furniture, wires, paper, plastic, and fabric products.
- Bumps in the night: Rats are most active at night. You may hear them squeaking, chewing, or running around rapidly if you listen closely.
- A strong smell of ammonia: These pests bring foul odors, but their urine is undoubtedly the strongest. It's pungent and, more alarmingly, a health hazard.
Never wait to respond to rats in your home! Instead, call Miche Pest Control right away, and our team will work tirelessly to remove these pests from your home. All of our work is guaranteed, so you have nothing to lose.
Rats On Your Property Can Create Many Hazards
Rats may be small, but they can cause massive problems on your property. Most obviously, they'll create all sorts of damage around your home, potentially weakening structures by clawing, chewing, and burrowing. Additionally, they pose a fire risk whenever they chew through wires.
But all of that pales compared to the health problems rats can cause. Their fur and waste will contaminate surfaces and air. They also spread parasites that can afflict humans. Some of the diseases rats spread can be fatal.
Getting rid of infesting rats is essential, but you must do it safely. Our team uses a range of EPA-registered products that are safe to use around people and pets. We also have organic rat solutions for customers who want to take a more holistic approach to solving their pest problems.
How To Remove Factors That Attract Rats To Your Property
Rat prevention is all about keeping your property tidy. You can remove the things that rats find welcoming by maintaining your home inside and out. Here are some of the easiest prevention methods:
- Always use air-tight containers to store food.
- Keep your floors free of clutter.
- Keep your floors and countertops crumb-free.
- Make sure the lids on your trash cans are tight.
- Repair holes in your walls (inside and outside of your home).
Our professional pest inspections can help you identify even more problems that could lead to rat infestations. We'll help you spot them and show you how you can fix them.
Call The Professionals At The First Sign Of Rats
If you want to know how to get rid of a rat infestation, the answer is simple; hire the pros. We believe our team is the best in the business, but you don't have to take our word for it. Instead, check our customer reviews and see what people like you have to say about Miche Pest Control.
If you want a pest control company that works with you and caters to your needs, give us a call today!