Top Rated Bed Bug Control Services In DC, MD & Northern VA
Miche Pest Control is a top rated, family owned and operated, full service pest control company that provides bed bug control services for homes and businesses in Washington DC, Maryland & Northern Virginia. Our expert technicians get rid of bed bug infestations fast, and use proactive treatments to keep bed bugs from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - give us a call today!
Bed Bugs Biting? Let Miche Pest Control Handle It!
There was a time, not long ago, when bed bugs were nearly eradicated. Unfortunately, they’ve made a strong comeback in recent years and are now a threat to home and business owners throughout DC, Maryland, and Virginia. Contrary to popular belief, bed bugs don’t only infest dirty locations and, because of the way they travel from place to place, any location is at risk. Bed bugs are tenacious pests, and implementing a professional bed bug control program is critical for any property owner in our service area of Greater DC & Baltimore.
Our Bed Bug Control Process
When bed bugs hitchhike their way onto your property, it's important to be proactive. Here at Miche Pest Control, we don’t quit until your infestation is eliminated. Our bed bug control process begins with a free inspection of your home or business, followed by the most effective bed bug treatments on the market.
Every bed bug pest control plan through Miche Pest Control begins with a free inspection. The presence of bed bugs needs to be confirmed before moving forward because our proactive and curative bed bug programs are different. Our expert technicians are trained in knowing what to look for and where to look when determining whether or not you have a bed bug infestation.
Bed Bug Preparation
The better a residence with bed bugs is prepared, the better the results of the bed bug elimination service. Please take the time to read the checklist thoroughly, prior to beginning your preparatory work. Ask questions if you have any; if something doesn’t make sense to you, please let us know. We want to make sure you fully understand the preparations needed.
As you prepare for your bed bug elimination service, it is important to keep in mind that all items may contain hidden bed bugs or eggs. Be careful when handling items suspected of harboring bed bugs, and avoid spreading bed bugs from room to room or place to place during your preparations. If you are unsure about moving an item because of size, weight, or the possible spread of bed bugs, please avoid moving the item; we will find a way to work around it. Please avoid moving large infested items, to help prevent spreading bed bugs from room to room. Avoid moving infested beds, bed frames, mattresses, or box springs, due to the potential for spreading bed bugs from room to room. The more bed bugs are able to spread, the more difficult it will be to gain control.
As you work through your personal items, we recommend using plastic trash bags and seal-able plastic storage containers to seal bed bugs in or out of your various items. Some plastic storage containers have vent holes that offer bed bugs a way in or out of the container. These holes can be sealed using tape, or other methods. It is possible for bed bugs to get on you when working in an infested area. We recommend wearing white or other light-colored clothing, so you can easier see when a bed bug has gotten onto you.
Bed Bug Preparation Checklist:
- Carefully remove all sheets, blankets, mattress pads, mattress covers, and bedding from all beds. Immediately place them into plastic bags large enough that the bags can be tied/sealed to prevent bed bug entrance or escape. Tie or seal the bags shut, then take the sealed bag to the laundry. Carefully place them into the wash, and launder with hot water.
- Carefully remove all mattresses and box springs from their bed frames, and stand or lean them against the wall. The dust cover(s) on the underside of your box spring(s) must be removed to allow access for treatment. Lean the box spring with the bottom side facing outward to allow your technician access for treatment of the box spring.
- Carefully remove all clothing and personal items from all dresser drawers, chests, shelves, cabinets, closets, etc. Immediately place all clothing into plastic bags large enough that the bags can be tied/sealed to prevent bed bug entrance or escape.Tie or seal the bags shut, then take the sealed bag to the laundry. Carefully place all clothing that requires laundering into the wash, and launder with hot water. All clothing that does not require laundering may be placed straight into the dryer, to be run at least 40 minutes on high heat, to kill all bed bugs and bed bug eggs.
- Carefully remove curtains and drapes, and seal them in plastic bags large enough that the bags can be tied/sealed to prevent bed bug entrance or escape. Leave curtain rods and blinds. Tie or seal the bags shut. These may be laundered, dry cleaned, or at minimum, placed straight into the dryer, to be run at least 40 minutes on high heat, to kill all bed bugs and bed bug eggs.
- Bed bugs may be hidden in clothes, plush toys, shoes, and other items. Ensure all clothes, plush toys, shoes, and other items that may harbor hidden bed bugs have been addressed in this manner.
- After laundering and drying all linens, clothing, and other items, be sure to discard the used plastic bags, and reseal the laundered items in new, clean plastic bags, making sure to tie/seal them to keep the bed bugs out.
- On the day of treatment, all clothing, linens, and other items must have been sufficiently treated, laundered, or dry cleaned, as needed. We do not and will not treat clothing or personal items.
- Pull all furniture out, away from the walls, at least 1 foot (12 inches), to allow your technician access for treatment around the walls and furniture.
- Bed bugs are known to infest upholstered surfaces, which can be difficult to treat satisfactorily. The dust cover(s) on the underside of upholstered furniture must be removed to allow access for treatment. If repeated treatments fail to gain full control, then infested furniture may require additional treatment or need to be discarded.
- Be prepared to leave your residence for 4 hours at the time of treatment.
- After returning to your residence, do not apply cleaning materials or other pesticides to areas that we have treated with Aprehend®.Doing so will result in failure of the Aprehend®treatment.
Live bed bugs may be visible for 2 to 3 weeks after the treatment. Affected bed bugs may be seen wandering in unusual places; this is a sign that the treatment is working. Remember that bed bugs may not leave their harborages for a number of days after treatment, and nymphs that hatch after the treatment will not be affected until they come in contact with the treatment. Each bed bug should die within 1 week of coming into contact with Aprehend®. Please let us know if you are still seeing live bed bugs 30 days after your first treatment!
Bed Bug Removal
We begin your bed bug treatment with a thorough vacuuming. We use a high powered backpack vacuum with a HEPA filter to remove all visible adults, eggs, nymphs, and exoskeletons. This allows us to gauge our success since we can start with a clean slate.
Bed Bug Treatment With Aprehend®
After thoroughly vacuuming affected surfaces to remove the bed bugs, we use a non-toxic biopesticide called Aprehend®. Extensive laboratory studies have demonstrated that when bed bugs cross a treated surface, they pick up and carry the Aprehend® back to their hiding spot. Aprehend® is easily transferred to other bed bugs, and all bed bugs that come into contact with Aprehend® die within ten days. Aprehend® is sprayed strategically in narrow bands where bed bugs are known to walk; direct spray contact is not necessary. The process of bed bugs contacting a surface treated with Aprehend® and transferring it to other bed bugs is repeated each time bed bugs feed until the entire infestation is eliminated. Aprehend® remains effective for up to three months, so unlike chemical bed bug treatments, only one application of Aprehend® is all that is needed to get rid of bed bugs.
Follow-up Inspection & Treatment
Two weeks after the first service, your technician will return to re-inspect the treated areas. If bed bugs are still present, we will repeat the treatment at no additional cost and continue to re-inspect and re-treat until all bed bugs have been eliminated.
Bed Bug Control With A 90 Day Warranty
Starting the day of your first bed bug treatment, your service with Miche Pest Control comes with a 90-day warranty. If bed bugs are discovered within those 90 days, our licensed technicians will return to re-treat the affected areas at no additional cost. If the bed bugs come back, then so will we!
Proactive Bed Bug Service With Aprehend®
Bed bugs are well known for reinfesting areas that have been cleared. If you are concerned with getting bed bugs again after you have gotten rid of them, check this out: due to its excellent long-term activity, Aprehend® will provide three months' protection from the establishment of bed bug infestations. Our proactive, quarterly bed bug service is designed to help prevent infestation of bed bugs from them being brought in, acting as an extra line of defense.
Bed Bug Elimination Starts & Ends With Miche Pest Control
If your home or business in DC, MD & Northern VA has a bed bug problem, we recommend professional remediation. Miche Pest Control has the expertise, equipment, and trained technicians to get the job done right. To schedule your free inspection, contact Miche Pest Control today!
Frequently Asked Questions
How to control bed bugs?
While some do-it-yourself bed bug treatments can be effective, most homeowners choose to go the professional route.
What does pest control do for bed bugs?
Our bed bug control treatments are effective at eliminating bed bugs in all stages of development. We use a combination of treatment methods, including liquids and dusts to eradicate your infestation completely.
Can pest control kill bed bugs?
Effective bed bug control will kill the bed bugs in your home. This process can sometimes require more than one treatment. We'll inspect and re-treat your home if necessary.
What chemicals do pest control companies use for bed bugs?
Typically, the most effective way to eliminate a bed bug infestation is by using a combination of chemical treatments. We use liquids, dusts, and aerosols that we must apply according to precise standards and with detailed care.
Recent Blog Articles
November 25, 2022
Learn what spiders can be found in Washington, D.C., which species are the most dangerous, and tips to prevent spider infestations in your home.Read More
November 23, 2022
German cockroaches can be a problem in Washington, D.C. Learn how to identify them, why they are bad pests, and why DIY cockroach extermination is ill-advi...Read More