Rodent Control Services In Arlington VA
Miche Pest Control is a family owned and operated pest control company that provides residential and commercial rodent control services for homes and businesses in Arlington VA and the surrounding areas. Our expert rodent exterminators get rid of rodent infestations and work preventatively to keep rodents from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today or book online!
Rodent Exterminator Serving Arlington VA
If you are experiencing a rodent problem in Arlington VA, hiring a professional rodent exterminator can be the most effective way to get rid of the pests and prevent them from returning. Rodents, such as mice and rats, can carry diseases and cause damage to your property, so it is important to take action as soon as possible. Our trained and certified exterminators will be able to identify the type of rodent you have and recommend the most effective treatment plan. This may include a combination of bait stations, traps, and exclusion methods to prevent the rodents from returning. In addition to removing the rodents, our professional exterminators will also be able to identify and seal any entry points to prevent new rodents from entering your home or business. Don't let a rodent infestation ruin your home or business - contact us to hire a reputable rodent exterminator today!
Common Signs Of Rodent Activity In Arlington VA
For most people, the thought of rodents crawling around your property is absolutely unacceptable. These unsanitary intruders can cause large scale property damage, not to mention the fact that they contaminate everything and pose a huge threat to your health and safety. If you’re not sure whether or not you have a rodent problem, here are some common signs of rodent activity to watch out for:
- Nesting materials like fabric, shred paper, plant matter, etc.
- Scampering and scratching noises at night from inside walls and floors.
- Signs of chewing on food packaging.
- Small holes chewed through floors and walls.
- The strong, musky scent of urine and droppings.
If you detect any of these signs, you likely have a rodent infestation on your hands. The most effective method of rodent control and prevention is to contact experienced pest professionals. The team at Miche Pest Control promises you a pest-free property all year long. Contact us today.
Five Reasons Rodents Love Arlington Homes
Rodents may find their way inside your Arlington home very easily. They can either sneak in through tiny cracks, open doors, or gaps around windows and doors. Once they gain access to your home, there is so much for rodents to love about it. The top five things that mice are attracted to in your home are:
- Surplus of food. Without even knowing it, homeowners provide mice with lots of access to food. Whether it’s leftovers on the counter, crumbs on the floor, or scraps of food in your trash, food is everywhere.
- Warmth and shelter. One of the biggest reasons why mice enter homes is looking for warmer environments when the conditions outside start to turn. They’ll burrow and create nests in pockets of your home like attics and basements.
- Steady supply of water. Little leaks or drippy faucets and bathtubs are enough to provide rodents with the water that they need.
- Odors and smells. Whether it’s pet waste, pet food, stale garbage, or a host of other scents, a whiff of something strong is enough to attract rodents to your home.
- Protection. Access to your home also means protection from predators and other dangers that exist for them out in the world.
With your home offering rodents so much, you need professional rodent control from Miche Pest Control. Contact us today to learn more.
What Are The Consequences Of Having Rodents In Your Home In Arlington VA?
There are a lot of issues that arise when rodents get inside of your home. Firstly, when rodents infest, they often bring other pests into your house, like ticks and fleas. Now you’re dealing with a potential rodent infestation, as well as a potential tick and flea infestation, all of which could’ve been avoided - had the rodents been kept out in the first place.
Something else to consider is that rodents multiply very quickly, and their small size allows them to fit into the tiniest cracks and crevices. This makes it very hard to catch them, as they could be entering through some very remote areas that we would never think of. They’re sneaky, and they’re persistent. The best way to protect your property from rodent infestation is to contact professionals. Reach out to Miche Pest Control today to discuss your rodent control needs.
How Rodents Get Into Arlington Businesses
The rodents that find their way inside Arlington businesses are very crafty. Sometimes rats will utilize the sewer system to gain access to the interior of your property. Rats are also very adept climbers, so they may try to take advantage of any overhanging tree branches to gain access inside your business. Mice are capable of squeezing through any space that’s the size of your pinky finger, so almost any opening can be used as an entry point. If your business has gaps around doors, holes in your foundation, or even a crack in a bulkhead, that’s enough to leave yourself vulnerable to a problem.
Protecting your business property from rodents is one of the most important things you can do as a business owner. At Miche Pest Control, we understand this need firsthand, which is why our rodent control is designed to be both corrective and proactive. We begin every customer journey with a scrupulous property inspection, with special attention given to entry points and hot spots. From there, we seal any entry points that are proving troublesome, install exclusion, and tamper-proof bait stations outside of your property. With routine maintenance, we’ll be able keep rodents away no matter the season. To learn more about rodent control that can protect your business, contact us today.
Problems Rodents Cause In Arlington VA
Though rodents like rats, mice, and voles may seem harmless on the surface, they cause some very significant issues. Some of the main issues that rodents cause are:
- Exposure to other pests. When rodents enter your property, they are very likely to bring with them other pests like mites, ticks, and fleas. And when they chew and gnaw at the cracks in your foundation, rodents can leave your home exposed to future pest problems, as this is the main mode of entry for many pests.
- Threats to health. Through their fecal matter, urine, saliva, and hair, rodents are capable of spreading the bacteria that leads to salmonellosis, leptospirosis, hantavirus, tularemia, and Lassa fever. These same byproducts can also stir up allergic reactions and asthma attacks.
- Property damage. Due to their near-constant need to chew, which is a function of keeping their teeth from overgrowing, rodents will gnaw on anything they can find. In your home, that means ruined walls, furniture, molding, and even electrical wiring. In the worst-case scenarios, this last issue can cause house fires.
At Miche Pest Control, we provide the most comprehensive form of rodent control around. Contact us today to learn more about how your home can benefit from it.
How Can I Get Rid Of Rodents In Arlington VA?
- The first thing to know is that rodents live near and move into our homes and businesses not because they like us, but because they want to take advantage of the food, water, and shelter we unintentionally provide them. After moving inside, they often stay until forced to leave.
- The second thing you should know about rodents is that they are quite sensitive to temperature changes. Cooling weather has the potential to drive them inside as they seek out a warm, safe place to overwinter. Rats and mice move inside homes and businesses anytime, but these creatures are most driven to move inside during the fall and winter seasons.
- The third thing you need to know about rodents is how they can squeeze through the tiniest spaces. Mice only need a space the diameter of a dime and rats the diameter of a quarter. Common entry points include door and window frames, gaps around utilities, cracks in foundations, baseboards, and door sweeps, and damaged roof shingles. The many ways rodents can enter into a structure make them difficult to prevent.
The final thing you need to know about rodents is partnering with Miche Pest Control is the best way to control and eliminate these pests. Our residential and commercial rodent control solutions include tamper resistant outdoor bait stations, rat & mouse exclusion, and interior rodent trapping. To get started or to learn more about our comprehensive rodent control solutions, call Miche Pest Control and speak with one of our customer service representatives, or you can sign up and book your first service online!
Things That Residents Of Arlington VA Can Do About Rodents - Whether They Have Them Or Not
- Inspect your property regularly for signs of rodent activity.
- Keep your yard free of trash, debris, high grass, or accumulations of building supplies. If you must store materials or equipment outside, do so neatly.
- Don't leave pet food, dog manure, bird seed, and other food scraps outside. Never put household garbage or food scraps in compost piles. Make sure garbage cans are closed, with tight-fitting lids.
- Get rid of standing water from your property, and remove items that can accumulate rain water.
- Close any holes you can find in the foundation of your house, and fill in voids underneath stairs, sidewalks, and porches. Ensure there are no gaps around the exterior doors of your home. Install a tight-fitting lid on your sump pump well.
- Clean up outside eating areas regularly, and don't feed wild animals. Remove fruit trees.
Arlington County is a county in the Commonwealth of Virginia, often referred to simply as Arlington, Virginia. The county is situated in Northern Virginia on the southwestern bank of the Potomac River directly across from the District of Columbia, of which it was once a part, under the name Alexandria County. The county is coterminous with the U.S. Census Bureau's census-designated place of Arlington. Arlington is considered to be the second-largest "principal city" of the Washington metropolitan area. If it were incorporated as a city, Arlington would be the fourth most-populous city in the state.
With a land area of 26 square miles, Arlington is the geographically smallest self-governing county in the US, and by reason of state law regarding population density, it has no incorporated towns within its borders. Arlington is home to the Pentagon, Reagan National Airport, and Arlington National Cemetery. In academia, the county contains Marymount University, George Mason University's Antonin Scalia Law School, the administrative offices buildings and graduate programs for the Schar School of Policy and Government and the Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter School for Peace and Conflict Resolution, as well as satellite campuses of the University of Virginia and Virginia Tech.
The area that now constitutes Arlington County was originally part of Fairfax County in the Colony of Virginia. Land grants from the British monarch were awarded to prominent Englishmen in exchange for political favors and efforts at development. One of the grantees was Thomas Fairfax, 6th Lord Fairfax of Cameron, who lends his name to both Fairfax County and the City of Fairfax. The county's name "Arlington" comes via Henry Bennet, Earl of Arlington, a Plantation along the Potomac River, and Arlington House, the family residence on that property. George Washington Parke Custis, the grandson of First Lady Martha Washington, acquired this land in 1802. The estate was eventually passed down to Mary Anna Custis Lee, wife of General Robert E. Lee. The property later became Arlington National Cemetery during the American Civil War, and eventually lent its name to present-day Arlington County.
Washington DC (3 miles), Falls Church VA (4 miles), Alexandria VA (6 miles), Bethesda MD (7 miles), Silver Spring MD (8 miles), Springfield VA (8 miles), Hyattsville MD (9 miles), Fairfax VA (12 miles), Rockville MD (14 miles), Herndon VA (17 miles), Woodbridge VA (18 miles), Bowie MD (19 miles), Gaithersburg MD (19 miles), Upper Marlboro MD (19 miles), Laurel MD (20 miles), Manassas VA (23 miles), Ashburn VA (24 miles), Columbia MD (25 miles), Leesburg VA (30 miles), Ellicott City MD (31), Annapolis MD (33 miles), Baltimore MD (38 miles), Frederick MD (41 miles), Fredericksburg VA (45 miles)
Recent Blog Articles
Ever wonder what different types of sounds crickets make, and why crickets make the noises they do? Learn the answer to these questions and moreRead More
February 03, 2023
Nervous that carpenter bees can cause damage to your property? Learn how the pros at Miche Pest Control can eradicate these insects quickly.Read More