Bug & Insect Control Services In Rockville MD
Miche Pest Control is a family owned and operated pest control company that provides residential & commercial bug and insect control services in Rockville MD and the surrounding areas. Our expert bug & insect exterminators get rid of bug and insect infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the bugs and insects from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today or book online!
Comprehensive Bug & Insect Control For Rockville, MD
There’s nothing quite as enjoyable as a quiet summer day in Rockville. But when bugs and insects move in, your peace and quiet can be drastically impacted. The professionals at Miche Pest Control want to ensure your enjoyment of these hot summer days. Let us keep your home and property free of dangerous and nuisance pests so that you can relax and soak up the sun.
Miche Pest Control is a family-owned and operated company with an emphasis on great customer service. We provide top-of-the-line services, expert technicians, and a pest-free guarantee. Get in touch with us today to find out more about our bug and insect control services or other ways we can help safeguard your home!
Health Problems That Come With Pests In Your Rockville Home
Pests in Rockville aren’t just creepy or obnoxious to have in your home. Many of them are capable of spreading horrible diseases to you, your family, and even your pets! Below are some of the most common ailments people deal with when they are exposed to pests in their home:
- Salmonella: This gnarly gastrointestinal disease can be contracted from rodents and cockroaches alike. Salmonella causes severe stomach cramps, diarrhea, and a fever.
- E. Coli: This is yet another severe gastrointestinal disease. This illness can be contracted by simply having exposure to cockroach feces.
- Lymphocytic Choriomeningitis (LCMV): All rodents are capable of spreading this disease. This one causes severe neurological problems in humans, and you can contract this by simply being exposed to infected mouse droppings, urine, saliva, or nesting materials.
- Hantavirus: Another illness spread by virtually all rodents, this illness is spread as rodent urine and feces turn to dust, eventually spreading particles in the air. By breathing these pathogens in, you can contract this virus. Symptoms include fever, chills, and aches and pains. If left untreated, Hantavirus can cause severe shortness of breath and can progress to kidney failure.
This is not an exhaustive list of diseases you can get from exposure to pests, and it doesn’t even mention the plague, which was spread by rodents carrying infected fleas, spreading the deadliest pandemic in world history. Securing professional pest control with Miche Pest Control ensures you and your family are not at risk of falling ill.
Rockville Closing In On Mosquito Season
As spring turns into summer, it’s only a matter of time before the mosquitoes are out in full force. Mosquitoes quickly ruin outdoor gatherings and make it impossible to get anything done around the yard with their incessant biting. Their bites can be obnoxious at best, and at worst, exposing you to harmful illnesses like malaria and zika virus, as well as causing allergic reactions and secondary skin infections from the constant scratching.
At Miche Pest Control, our technicians specialize in treating Rockville yards for mosquitoes. Our treatments kill existing mosquitoes and ward off others from taking their place far more efficiently than any other over-the-counter product can. Book a treatment with us today, and get back to enjoying your yard this summer!
A Few Fun Facts About The Common House Spider In Rockville
There are several different types of common house spiders here in Rockville. However, they are mostly all attracted to the same things. Below are some fun facts about the spiders here and why you might be finding them in your home:
- Clutter: Due to their tiny size, spiders are excellent hiders, and thrive in cluttered spaces, like your attic or garage. Your cluttered basement, attic, or garage serves as the perfect place for common house spiders to set up shop.
- Uncleanliness: Spiders also love anything that is dusty, dirty, or generally unclean. This is another reason those cluttered spaces tend to be so appealing.
- Easy access to food: Spiders are hunters, and feed on other types of insects. If you are finding other insects in your home, it is likely that the spiders will not be too far behind, as this makes your home a spider buffet.
A technician from Miche Pest Control can help you pinpoint the conducive conditions that attract these creepy pests to your home. Reach out today!
Rockville Pest Control Pros Offer Five Tips To A Pest-Free Home
There are dozens of different types of pests in Rockville. Fortunately, there are several things everyone can do today to help prevent a good number of them from gaining access to the inside of our home. Below are five tips to keep your home pest-free:
- Seal up holes: Go around your house and seal up any holes, cracks, or crevices you find. No matter how small it is, cover it up because pests like rodents, bugs, and spiders will use these to get inside.
- Fix leaky pipes and spigots: Another appealing feature for most pests is water, humidity, and moisture buildup. Make sure any leaks have been repaired in your piping and spigots to avoid water and moisture buildup in your home and yard.
- Deal with other insects first: A lot of times, when some pests (such as spiders) move in, it is because you already are dealing with an existing insect infestation. These insects are a free meal to them. To deter these carnivorous pests, take away their food source first.
- Remove vegetation in your yard: If you have vegetation in your yard that is close to your home, or pressed up against it, consider removing them, as this brings insects and other pests closer to your house. Clearing out organic debris in your yard also takes away hiding spots for many pests.
- Clean up clutter: Our basements, garages, and attics tend to collect a lot of our material items and get cluttered easily. This is why you see rodents, spiders, and other insects there more often. The mess provides them with a safe place to nest and reproduce. By clearing this out, they won’t find it an appealing place to move into.
Technicians from Miche Pest Control provide quarterly treatments to prepare for the different pests that come with the changing seasons. No matter what type of infestation you are dealing with, we have the tools to handle it -- permanently. Contact us today to get on your way to a pest-free home with our effective Rockville pest control services!
Pest Solutions For Rockville Residents
You've come to the right place for effective bug and insect control solutions. Miche Pest Control provides complete pest solutions for residents in Rockville MD.
We start with a thorough inspection of your home, familiarizing ourselves with the nature of the infestation and detecting problem areas, hot spots, entry points, and conducive conditions. Our team works with you to develop a customized treatment plan to get rid of pests in your home or business and keep them from coming back, while catering to your needs and preferences. All of our treatments are safe, fast, and always effective.
After the initial treatment, we return periodically to maintain pest-free conditions around your home, giving you year-round coverage from infestation. Our pest technicians will be by your side every step of the way, with fast response times and same-day services for your safety and convenience. Contact us to get started.
Rockville is a city that serves as the county seat of Montgomery County, Maryland, part of the Baltimore–Washington metropolitan area. Rockville is one of the largest communities in Maryland and the third largest location in Montgomery County, after Silver Spring and Germantown.
Rockville, along with neighboring Gaithersburg and Bethesda, is at the core of the Interstate 270 Technology Corridor which is home to numerous software and biotechnology companies as well as several federal government institutions. The city, one of the major retail hubs in Montgomery County, also has several upscale regional shopping centers.
The most prominent highway directly serving Rockville is Interstate 270. I-270 is the main highway leading northwest out of metropolitan Washington DC, beginning at Interstate 495 (the Capital Beltway) and proceeding northwestward to Interstate 70 in Frederick. Maryland Route 355 was the precursor to I-270 and follows a parallel route, and now serves as the main commercial roadway through Rockville and neighboring communities. Other state highways serving Rockville directly include Maryland Route 28, Maryland Route 189, Maryland Route 586, Maryland Route 660 and Maryland Route 911. Interstate 370 and Maryland Route 200 do not directly enter the city, but pass just outside the city limits.
Gaithersburg MD (5 miles), Bethesda MD (8 miles), Silver Spring MD (9 miles), Arlington VA (14 miles), Falls Church VA (14 miles), Hyattsville MD (14 miles), Washington DC (14 miles), Herndon VA (15 miles), Laurel MD (16 miles), Ashburn VA (18 miles), Columbia MD (18 miles), Fairfax VA (18 miles), Alexandria VA (20 miles), Springfield VA (20 miles), Bowie MD (21 miles), Leesburg VA (22 miles), Ellicott City MD (23 miles), Frederick MD (27 miles), Manassas VA (29 miles), Upper Marlboro MD (29 miles), Woodbridge VA (30 miles), Baltimore MD (32 miles), Annapolis MD (36 miles), Fredericksburg VA (56 miles)
Recent Blog Articles
December 01, 2022
Roaches scurrying around your home and stealing your peace of mind? Explore what cockroaches are, what they do, and what you can do about them.Read More
November 30, 2022
Find out how to identify a centipede, which ones are considered dangerous, and some prevention tips to keep them away from your home.Read More