Top Rated Rodent Control Services For Homes & Businesses In Lorton VA
Miche Pest Control is a top rated, family owned and operated, full service pest control company that provides rodent control services for homes and businesses in Lorton VA and the surrounding areas. Our expert technicians get rid of rodent infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the rodents from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today!
Comprehensive Rodent Control For Lorton, VA
If you own property in Lorton, you've likely faced the realities of nearby rodent populations. With the number of parks and waterfront areas nearby, rodents are an ever-present pressure. From voles in your garden to squirrels on the roof and house mice or rats trying to get into your kitchen, rodent control is a necessary precaution.
Our homes and businesses provide everything rodents are looking for – food, water, and shelter. Once they find a way in, it can be extremely difficult to get them out of an area using DIY methods. Luckily the professionals at Miche Pest Control have the answer! With a combination of indoor traps, expert exclusion techniques, and outdoor bait stations, rodents on your property can be a thing of the past. Call today to request next business day service and get started enjoying our pest free guarantee!
Common Rodents Found In Lorton, VA
Homeowners in Lorton may find themselves facing a rodent infestation at various times throughout the year. There are, however, several types of rodents that are common to the area and they are all an issue in their own ways. The three most common rodent pests are:
- Mice. Small in size but big in impact, mice are able to fit through openings the size of a dime. They take advantage of cracks in foundations, invading packages, and simply walking through open doors and garages. They have petite features, tend to be light gray and brown in color, and have thin, fuzzy tails.
- Voles. The less well-known but still prevalent rodent, the vole, tends to live in Lorton yards in their quest for grubs and lawn pests. They essentially look like stretched-out mice, as they are often confused for their cousins.
- Rats. These pests are skilled climbers, so they can easily use an overhanging tree or hedge in order to enter a home. Unlike mice, rats are less fearful of humans, which is how rat-bite fever spreads. They are nearly triple the size of common mice as well.
At Miche Pest Control, we work to help homeowners handle all rodent problems no matter the species. Our methods involve detailed inspections, tamper-proof bait stations, and sealing up entry points with exclusion to result in a rodent-free environment throughout the year. To learn more about rodent control and its benefits, contact Miche Pest Control today.
Three Problems Rodents Cause In Lorton, VA
When rodents invade Lorton properties, they are very easily capable of stirring up trouble. Three of the key issues that they are associated with are:
- Property damage. The rodent family is well known for their front incisor teeth that can grow unwieldy if they aren’t tended to regularly. This means that rodents are very likely to chew incessantly on anything they can find in order to prevent their teeth from becoming uncomfortable. Often, this leads to holes in walls, ruined personal belongings, and frayed electrical wires.
- Other pest infestations. Rodents are one of the fastest ways that parasite infestations spread, as they are very often hosts to them. Some of the pests that rodents spread are mites, fleas, and ticks. These infestations can be particularly dangerous for households with pets.
- Health risks. Through their fecal matter, urine, and saliva, rodents are affiliated with the spread of hantavirus, salmonella, tularemia, and leptospirosis. Additionally, when particles of these byproducts spread throughout the air, they are linked with increased asthma attacks and allergic reactions.
For more information on safe and effective rodent control, contact Miche Pest Control today.
Rodent Prevention Tips Everyone In Lorton, VA, Ought To Know
The rodent problems that can plague your Lorton home are always worth trying to prevent, as they can easily spiral out of control. The effects of infestations are often illness, property damage, and other pest infestations. In order to keep these issues from developing in your home, try the following tips:
- Tend to your yard. Because rats are very adept at climbing, any landscaping that comes into contact with your home can be used as a means to gain entrance to the inside. Trim back overgrown hedges, shrubs, and trees. Additionally, voles are attracted to yards with an abundance of grubs, so avoid overwatering and overfeeding your lawn.
- Seal up cracks. Rodents are masters of fitting through small openings, so tend to all crevices with materials like silicone-based caulk, wire mesh, and steel wool. Additionally, fill the gaps around doors and windows with weather stripping.
- Keep things clean. These types of pests are not fussy when they’re looking for food, so always do the dishes, take out the trash, and clean up after crumbs in a timely manner. Also remove all clutter from your home, as they will use these items for their nests and can hide amongst them.
- Practice proper food storage. Just because rodents are scavengers doesn’t mean that they don’t enjoy a nice meal. Keep all pantry items and food stored in locking containers.
- Rectify moisture issues. Rodents require a water source, so check for leaky pipes, downspouts, and faucets regularly, fixing them as needed. Also aim to keep basements, attics, and crawl spaces well-ventilated.
The most secure way to prevent infestations is with rodent control from Miche Pest Control. Contact us today for more information on our services.
Why You Should Consider Professional Rodent Control In Lorton, VA
Professional rodent control is one of the most important things you can do for the safety of your health and home. The main reasons why this is so imperative are:
- Addresses the entirety of your issue. Because rodents reproduce nearly every few months, DIY methods rarely manage the entire scope of an infestation like professional help will.
- Prevents future infestations. By simply catching a single mouse here or there you’re not actually getting at the root cause of issues, but with professionally installed exclusion, future issues will be prevented.
- Avoids illness. Rodents carry pathogens that lead to illnesses like salmonellosis and tularemia, both of which are very dangerous.
- Prevents property damage. In order to keep their teeth from overgrowing, rodents chew on everything from walls and furniture to electrical wiring, which can cause house fires.
To learn more about the benefits of professional pest control, contact Miche Pest Control today.
Lorton is a census-designated place (CDP) in Fairfax County, Virginia. Lorton is named for a village in the Lake District National Park, Cumbria, in England. Joseph Plaskett of the Cumbrian village settled in southern Fairfax County, running a general store and opening the Lorton Valley Post Office on November 11, 1875. Before the identity of Lorton, the commercial center was Colchester, and the spiritual and historical center of the community around which the leading citizens of the time revolved was Pohick Church, where George Washington and George Mason were at times members of the vestry.
Lorton is located in southern Fairfax County, bordered to the west by Laurel Hill, to the north by Newington, to the east by Fort Belvoir, to the southeast by Mason Neck, and to the southwest by Woodbridge in Prince William County. US Route 1 (Richmond Highway) and Interstate 95 pass through Lorton, leading northeast 15 miles to Alexandria and 19 miles to Washington DC, and south 34 miles to Fredericksburg.
Historic landmarks in the areas surrounding Lorton include Gunston Hall, George Mason's home; Belvoir, which was William Fairfax's home; the Market; and now the Fort Belvoir Army Corps of Engineers base and Cranford Church. Woodlawn Plantation and Mount Vernon, the latter being George Washington's home on the Potomac River, lie farther to the east.
Woodbridge VA (3 miles), Springfield VA (6 miles), Fairfax VA (11 miles), Alexandria VA (12 miles), Falls Church VA (13 miles), Arlington VA (14 miles), Manassas VA (14 miles), Washington DC (17 miles), Herndon VA (20 miles), Bethesda MD (21 miles), Hyattsville MD (23 miles), Silver Spring MD (23 miles), Ashburn VA (27 miles), Rockville MD (27 miles), Upper Marlboro MD (27 miles), Fredericksburg VA (30 miles), Gaithersburg MD (30 miles), Bowie MD (32 miles), Laurel MD (34 miles), Leesburg VA (34 miles), Columbia MD (40 miles), Annapolis MD (44 miles), Ellicott City MD (45 miles), Frederick MD (50 miles), Baltimore MD (52 miles)
Recent Blog Articles
September 20, 2022
Do you need help dealing with cockroaches in Washington, D.C.? Here is everything you need to know to combat these pests today.Read More
September 14, 2022
Mosquitoes are not complicated pests. Take time today to learn about these annoying insects and how to control them in Virginia.Read More