Hornet Control Services In Silver Spring MD
Miche Pest Control is a family owned and operated pest control company that provides residential and commercial hornet control services in Silver Spring MD and the surrounding areas. Our expert hornet exterminators get rid of hornets fast and work preventatively to keep them from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9-star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today or book online!
Hornets in Silver Spring, MD
There are many stinging insects in Silver Spring, MD. One such insect is the hornet. Hornets are perhaps one of the worst stinging insects, as their swarms are large and their stings powerful. At Miche Pest Control, we specialize in identifying, removing, and preventing hornet infestations here in Rockville. We never recommend trying to take these pests on alone. Have the backup of a professional (armed with the toughest tools available on the professional market) when you go up against stinging insects in Silver Spring. Our technicians remove hornet nests without anyone being hurt. Read on to learn how!
What Silver Spring Property Owners Ought To Know About Hornets
There is only one true hornet species in Silver Spring and all of North America: the European hornet. These pests are large, yellow and black in color, and pack a nasty punch. In addition to being aggressive in general, the European hornet has a smooth stinger, which allows them to sting its targets repeatedly.
Because of their aggressive nature and ability to continue harming their targets over and over, it is highly recommended that you seek professional assistance when dealing with these hornets. At Miche Pest Control, we arm our technicians will the most advanced tools to help them take out hornet nests without anyone being stung. Read on to learn more about European hornets and how Miche Pest Control can help you feel safe in your yard again today!
How Dangerous Are The Hornets In Silver Spring?
Unfortunately, hornets cause more problems than just being scary and annoying. In fact, the damage they cause can be quite severe:
- Damage to trees: European hornets can destroy your trees and shrubs, or at least cause a severe amount of damage to them. This damage is done when the hornets strip away at the bark of the trees in their attempt to get to the sap. This type of constant damage can kill your trees and shrubs.
- Stings: This hornet has a powerful sting that is incredibly painful. As it was stated earlier, the European hornet’s stinger is designed to be able to sting again and again, in rapid succession. While anyone can be harmed by a swarm of hornets stinging over and over again, children, pets, and the elderly are especially susceptible to triggering the wrath of a hornet’s nest.
- Anaphylactic shock: The worst possible reaction to a hornet’s sting is an allergic reaction that ends in anaphylactic shock, which can be deadly to some people.
The professionals at Miche Pest Control know how to safely knock down a hornet nest without you, your family, or they themselves getting stung. We do not recommend trying to remove them yourself, for the risk of severe injury. Call us for help today!
Why Stinging Insects Near Silver Spring Homes Require Professional Help
Anyone can swing a bat at a hornet’s nest and try to knock it down. However, not only could this cause you to be swarmed by an angry colony and repeatedly stung hundreds of times, this also does nothing to ensure the problem doesn’t restart.
At Miche Pest Control, we never just treat the symptoms we can see. We take the time to root out the cause of your infestation and implement prevention strategies to keep them from returning once treatment is finished. We strive to provide pest control service in Silver Spring that keeps your home pest-free year-round, not just for a month or two. To get started on your hornet-free journey, contact us today!
The Trick To Keeping Hornets Away From Your Silver Spring Yard
Prevention is always the best cure. Below are some ways you can help lessen the appeal of your yard and keep hornets away naturally:
- Cover your garbage bins and secure food waste: Hornets are especially attracted to human garbage, specifically food trash. By properly securing your bins, you reduce the number of hornets buzzing around your trash.
- Install a fake wasp nest: Hornets will avoid an area where there is already an established nest. You can purchase a fake wasp nest and hang it up where you are seeing hornet activity, which should help in preventing them from coming around that area.
- Dryer sheets: If you have to work outside and need help in a pinch, surrounding yourself with dryer sheets will help keep the hornets at bay, as they loathe the scent of these items.
While there are a bunch of things you can do to try and keep hornets away naturally, nothing will work as well as professional treatment from a Miche Pest Control technician. Let us help you feel secure in your yard once more with our effective Silver Spring pest control services.
Last-Minute Tips For Hornet Prevention In Silver Spring
Hornets are an ever-present threat in Silver Spring. However, there are some last-minute tips and tricks you can use to prevent their presence from eclipsing your property during the earliest part of the season.
If you haven't already, perform the following tips in order:
- Remove fallen fruit and berries from choice areas of the yard as they may unwittingly attract stinging insects, especially during the later summer months.
- Cut down on the number of standing water sources available for hornets to drink, and get specialized hummingbird feeders that do not allow pests to access the sugary liquid.
- Rely on the technicians at Miche Pest Control to perform regular hornet inspections, treatments, and prevention services.
When using these prevention steps, your Silver Spring property will have a triple layer of protection for yourself and your family.
To learn more about hornet control in Silver Spring from Miche Pest Control, feel free to reach out for an estimate and inspection today.
Silver Spring MD
Silver Spring is a census-designated place (CDP) in southeastern Montgomery County, Maryland, near Washington DC. Although officially unincorporated, in practice it is an edge city. Silver Spring is the fourth most populous place in Maryland, after Baltimore, Columbia, and Germantown, and the second most populous in Montgomery County after Germantown.
The downtown, located next to the northern tip of Washington DC, is the oldest and most urbanized part of the community. Since beginning a significant renaissance in 2004, many new mixed-use developments combining retail, residential, and office space have been built. Downtown is in turn surrounded by several inner suburban residential neighborhoods located inside the Capital Beltway.
Silver Spring takes its name from a mica-flecked spring discovered there in 1840 by Francis Preston Blair, who subsequently bought much of the surrounding land. Acorn Park, south of downtown, is believed to be the site of the original spring.
From west to east, Silver Spring is bisected by four major creeks: Rock Creek, Sligo Creek, Long Branch, and Northwest Branch. Each is surrounded by parks offering hiking trails, playgrounds, picnic areas, and tennis courts. On weekends, road closures in the parks facilitate bicycling.
Bethesda MD (4 miles), Hyattsville MD (5 miles), Washington DC (6 miles), Arlington VA (8 miles), Rockville MD (9 miles), Falls Church VA (11 miles), Laurel MD (12 miles), Alexandria VA (13 miles), Bowie MD (13 miles), Gaithersburg MD (14 miles), Springfield VA (16 miles), Columbia MD (17 miles), Fairfax VA (18 miles), Herndon VA (19 miles), Upper Marlboro MD (19 miles), Ellicott City MD (23 miles), Ashburn VA (25 miles), Woodbridge VA (26 miles), Annapolis MD (29 miles), Manassas VA (29 miles), Baltimore MD (30 miles), Leesburg VA (30 miles), Frederick MD (36 miles), Fredericksburg VA (53 miles)
Recent Blog Articles
September 20, 2022
Do you need help dealing with cockroaches in Washington, D.C.? Here is everything you need to know to combat these pests today.Read More
September 14, 2022
Mosquitoes are not complicated pests. Take time today to learn about these annoying insects and how to control them in Virginia.Read More