Top Rated Hornet Control Services For Homes & Businesses In Rockville, MD
Miche Pest Control is a top rated, family owned and operated, full service pest control company that provides hornet control services for homes and businesses in Rockville, MD and the surrounding areas. Our expert technicians get rid of hornet infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the hornets from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today!
There are many stinging insects in Rockville, MD. One such insect is the hornet. Hornets are perhaps one of the worst stinging insects, as their swarms are large and their stings powerful. At Miche Pest Control, we specialize in identifying, removing, and preventing hornet infestations here in Rockville. We never recommend trying to take these pests on alone. Have the backup of a professional (armed with the toughest tools available on the professional market) when you go up against them. Our technicians can remove hornet nests without anyone getting hurt. Read on to learn how!
The Truth About Hornets In Rockville
While there are many types of stinging insects in Rockville, there is only one type of true hornet: the European hornet. European hornets can most easily be distinguished from other types of wasps by their size and coloring. Also nicknamed the giant hornet, these pests can grow to be an inch in length. European hornets are a mix of yellow, reddish-brown, and black.
This invasive species causes lots of problems and is notorious for swarming people and their pets, stinging repeatedly. At Miche Pest Control, we specialize in safely removing hornet nests, ensuring no one is harmed in the process, and preventing a new colony from moving into new real estate. Read on to learn more about this pest and how Miche Pest Control can help you!
Why Hornets Are Still Stinging In Rockville
Wherever there are people, these large stinging insects will also be attracted to the area. So, unfortunately for Rockville residents, there are still many conducive conditions that are appealing to these pests. Below are some reasons why you might be seeing more hornets than usual:
- Flowers: While many of us love having beautiful blooms in our yards and want the bees to pollinate, the increased amount of flowers also increases the chance of hornets moving in, as they are just as attracted to the nectar as the bumble bees.
- Sweets: For those that have fruit trees in their yard, or leave fruit and other sugary scraps in their garbage bins, the hornets will definitely be stopping by. When the weather turns colder, hornets prefer to eat sweeter foods.
- Protein: Another common waste scrap in our garbage cans is meat. While hornets love sugars and sweet foods, they prefer protein over anything else.
Miche Pest Control can narrow down exactly why the hornets are setting up shop in your yard and implement prevention strategies to make your home less appealing. Give us a call for help today!
The Do's And Don'ts Of Controlling Hornets In Rockville
If you find hornets on your Rockville property, consider following the guide below to safely maneuver around them until a technician can come out:
- Don't: Try to knock the nest down yourself.
- Don't: Try to spray the nest with over-the-counter products.
- Do: Keep a safe distance from the nest and call a professional technician to safely remove the nest.
- Do: Secure your trash bins and remove other attractants from your yard.
Over-the-counter pest control products rarely deliver the desired impact for these large stinging insects. They are not as powerful as the professional methods and treatments Miche Pest Control technicians use, and using these weaker products can result in a very angry hornet nest, which can lead to you being swarmed and stung repeatedly. If you find a nest, leave it alone and call the experts at Miche Pest Control as soon as possible.
Hornet Control Tips For Your Rockville Property
After a technician has come out and gotten rid of the active hornet nest, there are several things you can start doing to prevent a new hive from being built:
- Install a fake hornet nest: There are fake nests you can hang up in your yard, as they will discourage other hornets from trying to move into the same area.
- Clear out your yard: If you have fruit trees or other forms of garbage in your yard, be sure to regularly clean it up, as this reduces the overall appeal of your place.
- Secure your trash bins: Properly store your garbage in secure bins that don't allow access to the trash from outside.
- Clean up garbage: In addition to securing your bins, make sure to regularly clear out any garbage that might be on your property, especially food waste, as hornets are attracted to this.
Our goal at Miche Pest Control is to help Rockville residents take their yards back from one of the worst stinging insects – the hornet. Don't risk getting swarmed because you tried to take it down yourself. Certainly, don't ignore the nest either, as hornets will go after anyone or anything they perceive as a threat. Contact the professionals for stinging insect control today!
Recent Blog Articles
August 15, 2022
Click beetles are unique pests, but that doesn't mean you want them in your house. Learn how to get rid of these occasional invaders here.Read More
April 15, 2022
The gigantic and flashy-looking Joro spider is the last thing you want to see around your home or business. However, they may not be as dangerous as they l...Read More