Exterminator Services In McLean VA
Miche Pest Control is a family owned and operated, full service pest control company that provides residential and commercial exterminator services for homes and businesses in McLean VA and the surrounding areas. Our expert exterminators get rid of pest infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the pests from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today or book online!
Comprehensive Pest Control For McLean, VA
McLean may be the third wealthiest city in the country, but our high cost of living does not protect us against common area pests. Our homes are just as susceptible to dangerous and destructive pests as anywhere else in the country. Luckily the experts at Miche Pest Control offer quality pest control services to homes and businesses in McLean and the surrounding areas.
At Miche Pest Control, our most popular residential plan is our quarterly services. These visits provide you with the best protection against area pests at an affordable rate. Each service includes the treatment and removal of spider webs and stinging insect nests, exterior perimeter power-spray and granular application, exterior crack and crevice treatment, and interior treatments as necessary. We also include our pest free guarantee. To get started protecting your McLean home from common pests, call the professionals at Miche Pest Control.
Common Pests Found In McLean, VA
When you live or work in McLean, pest problems can develop at any time. From the local seasonal conditions to the mobility of the community, you may find yourself with a series of issues. Some of the common area pests that you may encounter are:
To keep all of these common area pests out of your property, contact Miche Pest Control. Our pest control service offerings are well-rounded and reliable. Each pest receives their own treatment in order to provide customers with the exact coverage that they require. To protect your property with year round pest control that you can trust, contact us today.
McLean, VA Homeowner's Mini Guide To Pest Prevention
Pests are easily attracted inside McLean properties and in order to prevent them from becoming an issue for you, follow these foolproof tips:
- Secure your property. It’s important to start by addressing any openings in your foundation. Fill cracks with silicone-based caulk, sheet metal, wire mesh, and steel wool. Apply weather stripping to the gaps around doors and windows, install door sweeps, and repair and window screens that are torn.
- Tend to your landscape. Begin by trimming back any overhanging tree branches and hedges, then be sure to mow your lawn regularly and dispose of the trimmings. Remove any leaf piles, pine cones, and other debris.
- Store food securely. One thing that attracts many types of pests is food, which is why it’s so important to keep food in airtight containers.
- Keep things clean. Always clean up after spills and crumbs as soon as they occur, take out the trash routinely, and disinfect your property routinely. Remove any clutter as it develops.
- Remedy moisture issues. Many pests are attracted to excessive moisture, from leaks to humid conditions. This is also a key reason that they stick around. Always keep your eyes open for leaky roofs, fixtures, pipes, faucets, downspouts, and bathtubs. And maintain well-ventilated basements, attics, and crawl spaces. If you have air conditioning units, always avoid letting condensation accumulate.
- Bring in the pros. The most secure way to ensure that pests don’t become a problem on your property is to enlist the help of your local pest control pros.
For the most reliable pest control throughout the year, contact Miche Pest Control today.
Are There Any Dangerous Pests In McLean, VA?
While there are many nuisance pests in McLean that pose no further issues beyond being unwanted and unsightly, there are a handful of pests that are actually very serious, as their presence plays a distinct role in health risks and severe property damage. Some of the most dangerous pests that you’re likely to encounter in the area are:
- Stinging insects like wasps and hornets
- Venomous spiders like black widows and brown recluses
- Unsanitary cockroaches that spread bacteria like salmonella and streptococcus
- Termites and carpenter ants that can cause your ceilings, floors, and walls to collapse
- Rodents that spread salmonella and hantavirus, as well as ruin your walls and personal belongings, while also causing house fires
For McLean property owners that are looking to avoid all of these issues, look no further than the pros at Miche Pest Control. Our team of expertly trained pest control specialists provide year round pest control that protects local homes and places of business from some of the most serious pests that could potentially plague your property. With safe, reliable, and comprehensive treatments, we offer both traditional and organic products to meet the most specific of needs. To learn more about our services and how you can benefit from them, contact us today.
Benefits Of Year-Round Pest Control In McLean, VA
With pest problems in McLean abounding, local homeowners and businesses can benefit from ongoing pest control. DIY methods are often costly, tedious, and unfruitful. Whether you’re facing a termite infestation, spiders that won’t go away, or rodents that are often scurrying across your kitchen floor, they cause issues that involve danger and damage. But with the professional application from a trusted pest expert, you can avoid the following problems:
- Limited exposure to health risks like E. coli, salmonella, hantavirus, tularemia, asthma attacks, and allergic reactions
- Reduction in property damage like house fires and vulnerable walls
- More enjoyable usage of property like backyard
- Accurate pest identification so you know what pests you’re dealing with
- Safe, reliable, and cost-effective solutions to avoid overspending with no benefits
At Miche Pest Control, we provide year-round pest control for a variety of pests, from cockroaches and termites to rodents and ants. Our methods are comprehensive, safe, and reliable. They’re designed to withstand the seasonal elements and keep property owners and community members safe from the dangers and damages that pests pose on a near-constant basis. To learn more about how your home or business can benefit from ongoing pest control, contact us today.
McLean is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) in Fairfax County in Northern Virginia. McLean is home to many diplomats, military, members of Congress, and high-ranking government officials partially due to its proximity to Washington DC, the Pentagon, and the Central Intelligence Agency. It is the location of Hickory Hill, the former home of Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert F. Kennedy. It is also the location of Salona, the former home of Light-Horse Harry Lee, the Revolutionary War hero. It is located between the Potomac River and the town of Vienna. McLean is often distinguished by its luxury homes and its nearby high-profit shopping destinations: Tysons Corner Center and Tysons Galleria. The two McLean zip codes – 22101 and 22102 – are among the most expensive ZIP Codes in Virginia and the United States.
The community received its name from John Roll McLean, the former publisher and owner of The Washington Post. Along with Stephen Benton Elkins and French aristocrat Jean-Pierre Guenard, in 1902 he bought the charter for the Great Falls and Old Dominion Railroad. Completed in 1906, it connected the area with Washington DC. McLean named a railroad station after himself, where the rail line (traveling on the present route of Old Dominion Drive) crossed the old Chain Bridge Road. The community itself was founded in 1910, when the communities of Lewinsville and Langley merged.
McLean is located on the Capital Beltway (Interstate 495) in Northern Virginia, central McLean is 8 miles northwest of downtown Washington DC and 9 miles northeast of Fairfax, the county seat. The community lies in the Piedmont upland on the west bank of the Potomac River. The river forms the community's northern and eastern borders, and a number of its smaller tributaries flow north and northeast through the CDP. From west to east, these include Bull Neck Run, Scott Run, Dead Run, Turkey Run, and Pimmit Run.
As an inner suburb of Washington DC, McLean is a part of both the Washington Metropolitan Area and the larger Baltimore-Washington Metropolitan Area. The CDP includes the unincorporated communities of Langley, Lewinsville, and West McLean, and it borders several other Washington suburbs including: Potomac and Cabin John, Maryland to the north; Brookmont, Maryland to the northeast; Arlington to the southeast; Falls Church to the south; Idylwood, Pimmit Hills, and Tysons Corner to the southwest; Wolf Trap to the west; and Great Falls to the northwest.
Falls Church VA (4 miles), Arlington VA (6 miles), Bethesda MD (6 miles), Washington DC (8 miles), Fairfax VA (9 miles), Silver Spring MD (9 miles), Rockville MD (10 miles), Springfield VA (10 miles), Alexandria VA (11 miles), Herndon VA (11 miles), Hyattsville MD (13 miles), Gaithersburg MD (15 miles), Ashburn VA (18 miles), Woodbridge VA (19 miles), Manassas VA (20 miles), Laurel MD (21 miles), Bowie MD (22 miles), Leesburg VA (24 miles), Upper Marlboro MD (24 miles), Columbia MD (25 miles), Ellicott City MD (31 miles), Frederick MD (35 miles), Annapolis MD (37 miles), Baltimore MD (39 miles), Fredericksburg VA (46 miles)
Recent Blog Articles
Homeowners' Useful Guide To Carpenter Bee Control
March 26, 2023
Carpenter bees are more dangerous than you think! Discover how much harm they cause by reading our latest post and how to protect your home best!Read More
Do Cockroaches Bite?
March 25, 2023
Discover the truth about whether cockroaches bite or not. This blog post examines the different species of cockroaches and their potential for biting.Read More