Exterminator Services In Great Falls VA
Miche Pest Control is a family owned and operated, full service pest control company that provides exterminator services for homes and businesses in Great Falls VA and the surrounding areas. Our expert exterminators get rid of pest infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the pests from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today or book online!
Comprehensive Pest Control For Great Falls, VA
There are endless attractions in Great Falls, VA, and there are also endless pests! Find out which are the most likely to invade your home or business and what you can do about it.
The most important step home and business owners can take to safeguard their family, property, and customers from pests is to partner with Miche Pest Control. We provide safe and effective solutions with great customer service and a pest free guarantee. Call or go online today to schedule your free quote or get started on services.
Great Falls, VA's Most Unwanted Pests
In Great Falls, homes and businesses can encounter pest problems at any time throughout the year. Sometimes these issues develop with or without the assistance of residents, but regardless of how they happen, they can be detrimental nonetheless. Here are some of the area’s most unwanted pests and the problems they cause:
- Ants. The most commonly found nuisance pest in the area, ants are primarily attracted inside properties in search of sweet foods and a source of water. Things like trash build-up, leaks, or spills that haven’t been tended to are enough to draw in these pests.
- Rodents. These pests gain access through the smallest gaps imaginable and proceed to cause significant property damage as well as health issues. From their feces, urine, and saliva, rodents like rats and mice are capable of spreading pathogens that lead to salmonellosis, hantavirus, and leptospirosis. Their constant chewing can lead to house fires and gaping holes in walls.
- Cockroaches. Perhaps one of the most persistent pests, once cockroaches have invaded a property, they are very unlikely to leave. These hard-shelled pests are primarily attracted to an excess of food, clutter, and leaks. From their feces, shed body parts, and saliva, they can lead to allergies, asthma attacks, E. coli, and salmonellosis.
- Termites. Each year, total termite damage leads to approximately 30 billion dollars in collective damage, with homeowners accounting for five billion of that total. They eat away at the wood around properties, causing damage like swollen ceilings and foundations that can collapse.
- Mosquitoes. Between the months of March and October, female mosquitoes zip around looking for the blood that they require in order to reproduce. This can lead to many itchy summer nights and an inability for residents to enjoy their own property.
For the most reliable pest control in Great Falls, contact Miche Pest Control today.
Pest Prevention Tips Everyone In Great Falls, VA, Ought To Know
While different pests that invade Great Falls properties can cause a variety of different damages, there are some commonalities in what attracts them in the first place. Here are the most important pest prevention tips that everyone ought to know:
- Sealing up your property’s foundation is a solid start to keeping pests out. Look to the smallest cracks and holes, filling them with materials like steel wool and caulk. Also be sure to apply weather stripping to the gaps around doors and windows and replace worn window screens.
- Landscaping plays a significant role in whether or not pests are attracted to your property so always keep grass mowed to a short length, trim back overhanging trees, and avoid overwatering grass and plants.
- Many pests desire food, so practice proper food storage by keeping leftovers and pantry items in airtight containers. This also means not allowing dirty dishes to pile up, taking out the trash routinely, and cleaning up after spills and crumbs. Pests aren’t picky!
- Pests also require a water source in order to stick around, so fixing leaky gutters, downspouts, bathtubs, faucets, and other fixtures is key. It’s also important to make sure that basements, attics, and crawl spaces are well ventilated.
- Lastly, maintaining an overall level of cleanliness is crucial to keeping pests out of your property. Things like disinfecting, vacuuming, and dusting regularly will be a big help in limiting your exposure to pests.
For safe and effective pest control, contact Miche Pest Control today.
How To Pick Your Next Pest Control Company In Great Falls, VA
When it comes to picking your pest control company in Great Falls, you need a team that has experience, high standards, and a proven track record of success. It’s important that a company be from the community in order to best understand your needs and the environmental factors that surround your home or place of business. But most importantly, you want a company that provides each client with safe methods that are all customized to your specific needs. Even better if they provide a pest-free guarantee! At Miche Pest Control, we surpass all of these expectations in order to provide our customers with the highest quality pest control around. For more information on protecting your property from pests, contact us today.
Three Reasons You Should Choose Miche Pest Control In Great Falls, VA
When it comes to keeping your Great Falls property free from pests, you have a lot of choices for how to deal with these situations. Instead of opting for DIY methods or another pest professional, Miche Pest Control is the team to trust. Three reasons why we rise above the rest are:
- We’re a family-owned, locally-operated business. As members of the community that we serve, we’re keenly aware of your needs. We’re not outsiders who don’t know the area, but rather, we frequent the same restaurants and grocery stores that you do. It’s with this knowledge that we’re better able to tackle the pest problems that come your way.
- Our work is thorough. At Miche Pest Control, we will never take a cookie-cutter approach to keeping pests out of your property. Each customer receives a customized pest control plan that is suited to the unique needs of their property and the pests they’re facing. With the addition of our pest-free guarantee, you will never have to worry about pests again.
- We care about your success. There’s a reason why our average rating is 4.9 stars out of 5. At Miche Pest Control, we take the time to understand what our customers need and we work thoughtfully and professionally in order to meet those.
For more information on the highest quality pest control in Great Falls, contact Miche Pest Control today.
Great Falls VA
Great Falls is a census-designated place (CDP) in Fairfax County, Virginia. Located on Virginia State Route 7 in Northern Virginia, Great Falls is 15 miles west-northwest of downtown Washington DC and 10.5 miles north of Fairfax, the county seat. Early farm settlements began to form in the area as early as the late 1700s. Early on, the village was known as Forestville (unofficially, since there was already a Forestville with a Post Office), but was named Great Falls in 1955. CNNMoney ranked Great Falls first in the nation on its list of "top earning towns" in 2011.
Great Falls lies in the Piedmont upland on the right bank of the Potomac River. The river forms the northern and eastern border of the CDP, and several of its tributaries flow north and east through the CDP. From north to south, these include Nichols Run, Clarks Branch, and Difficult Run. Difficult Run forms the southeastern border of the CDP. Two of its tributaries, Captain Hickory Run and Piney Run, flow southeast through the southern part of the CDP. The Great Falls of the Potomac River, the community's namesake, are on the east side of the CDP.
As a suburb of Washington DC, Great Falls is a part of both the Washington Metropolitan Area and the larger Baltimore-Washington Metropolitan Area. It is bordered on all sides by other Washington suburbs, including: Darnestown and Travilah, Maryland to the north, Potomac, Maryland to the east, McLean to the southeast, Wolf Trap to the south, Reston and Dranesville to the southwest, Sterling to the west, and Lowes Island to the northwest.
Although Great Falls is primarily a bedroom community for Washington DC, one major attraction is Great Falls Park which overlooks the Great Falls of the Potomac River, for which the community and the park are named. George Washington was involved with building a canal around the falls on the southwest, or Virginia, side, called the Patowmack Canal, which did not become commercially viable. Remnants of the canal and of a village around the canal named Matildaville are still visible in the park. The Great Falls and Old Dominion Railroad extended along Old Dominion Drive to Great Falls Park in 1906.
Recent Blog Articles
Ever wonder what different types of sounds crickets make, and why crickets make the noises they do? Learn the answer to these questions and moreRead More
January 26, 2023
Protecting your health and property is a top priority. If you have roaches in your home, call Miche Pest Control for complete cockroach control.Read More