Top Rated Mouse Control Services For Homes & Businesses In Rockville, MD
Miche Pest Control is a top rated, family owned and operated, full service pest control company that provides mouse control services for homes and businesses in Rockville, MD and the surrounding areas. Our expert technicians get rid of mouse infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the mice from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today!
Comprehensive Mouse Control For Rockville, MD Properties
Serving as the seat of Montgomery County, there’s a lot to take pride in Rockville, MD. From gardens and trails to cultural exhibits and delightful shops. Yet every home in Rockville from yours to the historic Beall-Dawson House is susceptible to a mouse infestation. Mice don’t care about the zipcode they land in, they just want to know they have a steady supply of food, water, and shelter - something all of our homes provide.
Once they make their way inside mice don’t waste any time reproducing and can squeeze through the tiniest cracks and crevices. So how do you keep mice out of your Rockville home? The expert technicians at Miche Pest Control have just what you need. We provide modern and effective mouse control to Rockville and the surrounding areas, and we won’t stop until you have peace of mind that your house is free of mice and other rodents. For the best in mouse control now and into the future – get a pest-free guarantee from Miche Pest Control!
How Mice Get Into Rockville Homes
It is likely that you know that a mouse can chew a hole in order to gain access to your home. Mice have strong, sharp incisors that can chew through wood and make short work of chewing through weatherstripping and door sweeps. The first place you should look for mouse holes is around your exterior doors. Here are a few more ways they may get inside your Rockville home.
- Soleplates. All the way around your home are horizontal wood members on which the vertical studs of your home's wooden frame rests. If a mouse gets into a void underneath your deck or some other protected location, it may chew on a soleplate and create a tiny hole the size of a dime, which is enough to allow it to enter your home.
- Utilities. An adult mouse can squeeze its body through a thin gap, and the point at which pipes or wire conduits enter your home can offer gaps that are just big enough for mice to squeeze through.
- Gable vents and louvers. Mice can scale most exteriors like Spiderman. If you have vents or vulnerable gaps that seem too high for mice to access, we recommend looking at some videos of mice climbing exterior walls. You'll quickly realize how important it is to protect these with hardware cloth.
- Garage seals and garage holes. When mice squeeze into your garage by way of the seal on your garage door, they can get into wall voids through missing outlet covers, holes around wires, and other openings that can go unrepaired.
- Tree branches. Mice can scale trees like a squirrel, run down tree branches, and leap several feet to your roofline. If a mouse gets on your roof, there are many potential entry points, such as seals around roof penetrations, soffits, roofline trenches, and more.
- Downspouts. Mice can work their way up your downspouts and access your roof. Put wire mesh in your downspouts to prevent this.
Mice have many abilities that help them to get inside your home. Once inside, they can quickly grow a population and create problems.
Does Seeing One Mouse In My Rockville Home Mean I Have An Infestation?
Yes. If you see one mouse, it is a warning sign that you have lots of mice in your home. Mice don't prefer to be seen. It is only when mouse populations are maxed out that these normally timid critters become bolder and make appearances in the common areas of your home. It is also important to keep in mind that finding a mouse in your Rockville home means there is an entry point that other mice can use to get inside. If you are extremely fortunate, and you happen to surprise a single mouse that got into your home (which is unlikely) you have a problem that needs to be addressed, even if you don't have an infestation yet.
Answering Rockville's Most Commonly Asked Mouse Questions
We get a lot of questions about mice and mouse infestations. Let's take a look at a few common questions to which you should know the answers.
Can mice make me sick? Yes. Mice spread bacteria, parasitic worms, ticks, fleas, and human pathogens.
Should I be concerned about one little mouse? It only takes one mouse to chew on a live wire inside your wall to cause a house fire.
Can mice live in my home without making a noise? Yes. In fact, they usually do.
Can I keep mice out of my home by sealing entry points? Maybe. But keep in mind that you need to also remove attractants around your home, and you may need to protect vulnerable locations with metal flashing, hardware cloth, or wire mesh.
Mice are a danger when they get inside. They grow their populations fast and as their populations grow, their ability to impact your health and damage your property will increase. It is wise to address mouse problems quickly.
Why Can't I Get These Mice Out Of My Rockville Home?
One of the most perplexing aspects of a mouse infestation is that mice can be surprisingly difficult to control. If you're curious why mice are difficult to control, the following facts should help you understand.
- Mice can smell you on the traps you've touched. If a mouse smells your scent on a trap, it is likely to avoid it.
- Mice are fast. These little critters have been caught on camera evading the swinging arm of a spring trap.
- Mice nibble. If you put the wrong bait on a spring trap, a mouse can eat the entire bait without setting the trap off.
- Mice are crazy. If you catch a mouse in a trap by a limb, it will chew the limb off in order to escape.
- Mice can get into your home even as you're removing mice from your home.
- Mice can produce offspring faster than you can get rid of the adult mice in your home.
Are you having trouble with mice in Rockville? Reach out to Miche Pest Control for comprehensive pest control. We use industry-leading solutions to make sure no mice remain in your home.
Recent Blog Articles
August 15, 2022
Click beetles are unique pests, but that doesn't mean you want them in your house. Learn how to get rid of these occasional invaders here.Read More
April 15, 2022
The gigantic and flashy-looking Joro spider is the last thing you want to see around your home or business. However, they may not be as dangerous as they l...Read More