Miche Pest Control is a top-rated, family-owned and operated, full-service pest control company that provides carpenter bee control services for homes and businesses in Rockville, MD and the surrounding areas. Our expert technicians get rid of carpenter bee infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the bees from coming back. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today!
Carpenter Bees in Rockville, MD
Bees are a common insect in Rockville, MD. Unfortunately, not all bees are as helpful and loveable as the bumble bee. However, of all the stinging insects you’ll want to keep at bay, you will want to keep carpenter bees away more than any of them. While not the most aggressive type of bee, they can quickly cause irreparable damage to your home’s physical structure, similar to termites. Read on to learn more about them and how to keep carpenter bees away for good!
How Much Do You Really Know About Carpenter Bees In Rockville?
There are many different types of carpenter bees in the world, but the ones in Rockville, MD are just as destructive as the rest of them. They get their name from their nesting habits, which are unlike any other in the species. While others build hives or nest in holes in the ground, carpenter bees are like termites, preferring to bore into unfinished wood and nest in the tunnels. Below are some of the key identifying features of a carpenter bee:
- Size: Carpenter bees usually range from three-quarters of an inch to an inch in length. Many describe them as looking like large bumble bees.
- Behavior: The one nice thing about these bees is that they are much less aggressive than other stinging insects, and are likely to try and avoid you if you happen to run into them,
- Color: They have a smooth, blackish-blue abdomen, and their thorax has that yellow, orange, and white hair. Females will have an all black head.
The good news about these bees is that they are generally pretty docile. Their first instinct is not to sting and harm you. However, they are still capable of causing a significant amount of damage and warrant professional carpenter bee removal services in order to save the structure of your home.
Spotting Carpenter Bee Problems Around Your Rockville Property
At Miche Pest Control, having one of our technicians come out and do an inspection on your property is a great way to get ahead of the infestation. However, sometimes treatment can come too late, as the infestation has grown so severe that irreparable damage has been done to your home’s structure. That’s why it’s crucial to know the signs of carpenter bees around your house:
- Holes in your walls and floors: One of the first things you might notice are tiny holes in your walls and floors. They are about 1 inch deep and are created when they first start boring into the wood.
- Sawdust piles: Wherever there are holes, there will be sawdust piles around them, made when they bored into the wood to make the initial hole.
- Excrement stains: Typically, there will be dark excrement stains anywhere you are finding holes and sawdust piles.
- Tunnels: While this one is much harder to spot, if you pull back the boards of your floors and walls, you will find the tunnels they’ve created, which are typically 4-6 inches and length and run perpendicular to each other.
Finding any of these signs means it’s time to call for professional carpenter bee removal. If you aren’t sure if you have a carpenter bee problem, a technician from Miche Pest Control will be able to accurately determine what type of pest of you’re dealing with in a timely fashion.
How Bad Is It To See Carpenter Bees Around My Rockville Home?
Because of their docile nature and reluctance to sting, many people ignore these fuzzy, bumble bee-resembling insects buzzing around their property. Unfortunately, this can lead to expensive damage and frustrating marks around the exterior of your home.
If you think there are carpenter bees around your house, call for professional help. Miche Pest Control technicians specialize in identifying, treating, and preventing carpenter bee infestations, saving you thousands in the long run. Our pest control technicians are trained to locate all the places where these bees are hiding out, whether that’s in your fences, shed, barn, house, or other wooden structures on your property. Think about the well-being of your property in the long run -- investing in high-quality carpenter bee control today saves those structures in the future. Call us today!
Stopping Carpenter Bee Infestations In Their Tracks In Rockville Homes
At Miche Pest Control, we don’t just treat the infestation we see. Our technicians take the time to root out the source of your infestation, and then implement prevention strategies that will keep a new hive from moving in after the first infestation is gone. As homeowners, there is an endless list of things that we must keep up with to keep our properties running smoothly and safely. Don’t let bees compromise the structural integrity of your property. Contact us today to get started on removing them!
Recent Blog Articles
August 15, 2022
Click beetles are unique pests, but that doesn't mean you want them in your house. Learn how to get rid of these occasional invaders here.Read More
April 15, 2022
The gigantic and flashy-looking Joro spider is the last thing you want to see around your home or business. However, they may not be as dangerous as they l...Read More