Top Rated Rat Control Services For Homes & Businesses In Lutherville-Timonium, MD
Miche Pest Control is a top rated, family owned and operated, full service pest control company that provides rat control services for homes and businesses in Lutherville-Timonium, MD and the surrounding areas. Our expert technicians get rid of rat infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the rats from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online – call today!
Keep Rats Out Of Your Lutherville-Timonium, MD Home
If you have a rat problem, you need the premier rat control services company on your side. That's Miche Pest Control. Tom Miche founded our company in 2019 after he'd spent a decade working in home pest control in Lutherville-Timonium, MD. We provide a variety of pest control services in the Lutherville-Timonium, MD, area, including taking care of rat infestations on your property or in your house.
What To Do About Rats On Your Lutherville-Timonium Property
If you have rats on your property, it's only a matter of time before you have rats in your house. Rats are commensal rodents, meaning they rely in part or whole on humans for their survival. They eat our food, drink our water, and find shelter in our yards and homes.
There are several steps you can take to make your Lutherville-Timonium property less appealing to rats, including:
- Protect your vegetable garden with ¼ inch hardware cloth, so rats can't get to your veggies and eat the result of your hard work.
- Clean up any dropped fruit or nuts from trees on your property as soon as possible to deny rats another food source.
- Fix your leaky faucets and sprinkler systems so rats aren't able to drink from those sources.
- Get rid of birdbaths and bird feeders to deny rats more food and water.
- Make sure your downspouts are draining appropriately by using splash stones or downspout extensions so water isn't pooling near your house.
- Fill in any dips on your property where rainwater could create puddles.
- Move your firewood at least 20 feet away from your house, and put it on a riser that's at least six inches off the ground.
- Remove yard debris and rake up fallen leaves to give rats fewer sites to make their homes.
- Trim your trees and bushes back from your house – six feet for trees and two feet for bushes – so rats have fewer avenues to sneak into your house.
Of course, getting help with professional rat control services near you is going to be the best course of action to eliminate the rats on your property and keep them from entering your home. Miche Pest Control is your go-to pest control company – contact us today to get a free quote.
The Problem With Rats Around Your Lutherville-Timonium Property
One of the biggest problems with rats around your Lutherville-Timonium property is the damage they can do. Rats have to constantly gnaw on things to keep their teeth from overgrowing. If they didn't, their teeth could grow up to nine inches a year. Unfortunately, a lot of what they chew on is your property.
Houses, cars, outbuildings, gardens, and cables are all fair game to rats. They can chew through cables running into your house, leaving you without internet or cable TV with no idea why. Only a visit by a service tech will diagnose the real problem: the rats on your property.
For the best rat control in Lutherville-Timonium, you want to partner with Miche Pest Control. We're a family-owned and operated company that's dedicated to outstanding customer service. We've won multiple awards for our services. Contact us today for your free quote.
How Dangerous Is It To Have Rats On My Lutherville-Timonium Property?
Rats on your property can quickly become rats in your home. That's where the real dangers begin.
First, rats are known carriers of disease, including:
- Rat-bite fever
They also bring fleas and ticks into your home, both of which are carriers of even more diseases.
Second, the property damage rats can cause in your home can be costly or even life-threatening. They can gnaw through metal and plastic pipes, causing severe water damage or natural gas leakage. They can also chew through your electrical lines, which creates a serious fire hazard.
With these dangers in mind, you must know how to get rid of rats in the house. Your best option to do that is to work with Miche Pest Control. Our technicians are highly trained and don't just get rid of the rats in your home. We also apply treatments to your yard and give you suggestions to follow to keep rats out of your home for good. Contact us today for your free quote.
Rat Facts & How To Get Rid Of Them In Lutherville-Timonium
To know how to get rid of rats, you have to know about rats. Two types of rats are commonly found in the Lutherville-Timonium area: roof rats and Norway rats.
Roof rats are the smaller of the two, measuring about 16 inches from their nose to the tip of their tail. They're gray, with black hairs mixed in, and their bellies are gray, white, or black. Their tails are hairless and scaled. Roof rats produce 20 to 50 droppings a day, which are one-half of an inch long and have pointed ends.
Norway rats are about 18 inches long from nose to tail. They're brown with scattered black hairs, and their bellies are gray or white. Their tails are similar to those of roof rats. Their droppings are larger, about ¾ inch long, with blunted ends.
Signs that you have a rat infestation include:
- Droppings and puddles of urine on your floors or kitchen counters
- Gnaw marks on furniture, walls, baseboards, floors, doors, door jambs, and cabinets
- Greasy rub marks along your baseboards or walls
- Squeaking or rustling in your walls or ceilings
- Nests in insulation in your attic or near your hot water heater
- Odor near nesting areas
There may be many ways to get rid of rats, but your best bet for a permanent solution is to contact Miche Pest Control to get your free quote today.
I switched from another pest control company due to high pressure sales/bad billing practices, and switched to Miche. They have been excellent. Excellent customer service, very effective pest treatments, competitive pricing. I highly recommend.