Rat Control Services In Fredericksburg VA
Miche Pest Control is a family owned and operated pest control company that provides residential & commercial rat control services in Fredericksburg VA and the surrounding areas. Our expert rat exterminators get rid of rat infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the rats from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today or book online!
Most Common Rats In Fredericksburg VA
Rats are frequent visitors to properties in Fredericksburg VA, especially when temperatures outside begin to cool off later in the year, and they start searching for warm shelter. The most common species of rat in Fredericksburg is the Norway rat, otherwise known as the brown rat or sewer rat. This type of rat is quite large and can measure up to 16 inches in length. They have short dense fur that is usually light brown in coloring with hints of gray. Similar to mice, they have small features, but their tail is very long and hairless. The Norway rat is a scavenger by nature and tends to enter properties through small gaps and openings.
At Miche Pest Control, we specialize in rat control methods that work for all species of rats. We utilize detailed inspections, entry point assessments and sealings with the safe and effective practice of exclusion, and tamper-proof bait stations that are checked on a routine basis. If rats appear between regularly scheduled visits, our team will return and re-treat your property at no additional cost because we want our customers to be completely satisfied. For more information on rat control that works, contact us today.
Do Rats Pose A Health Risk To Fredericksburg Residents?
We know that rats cause serious structural damage, but what about their ability to cause widespread contamination? The fact is that rats pose a real health risk to residents of Fredericksburg VA, and it’s important to understand just what dangers rat can expose us to.
As they gnaw through and damage structural materials throughout the home, rats not only threaten the overall structural integrity of the buildings they're in, but they also chew on electrical wiring, infest and contaminate insulation, and cause damage to personal belongings. They contaminate stored foods and vulnerable surfaces, quickly spreading germs and bacteria around the entire home.
Whether it’s via contamination or a bite, rats expose us to several serious health conditions, including leptospirosis, rat-bite fever, salmonellosis, tularemia, and many others. Call Miche Pest Control today for comprehensive rat protection from our expert team. We’re here to help.
Three Problems Rats Cause In Fredericksburg VA
- Other pests. As one of the most common hosts for parasites, rats are very often responsible for secondary infestations of mites, ticks, and fleas.
- Illness. Unlike mice, rats are more willing to interact with humans, which is how they spread rat-bite fever. Through their droppings, saliva, and urine, rats are also linked with illnesses like hantavirus, leptospirosis, and tularemia. These byproducts are also regularly linked with irritated allergies and asthma attacks.
- Property damage. Rats are capable of a wide array of property damage. While they’re nesting, rats are likely to scavenge for materials, which may include clothing and irreplaceable personal items. Like other rodents, rats also have front incisor teeth that can grow out of control, so in order to keep them short, they will chew and gnaw on anything they can find, which is often walls, furniture, and electrical wiring.
At Miche Pest Control, we provide rat control that lasts. Our professional team gets rid of active rat populations and keeps new ones from developing. To learn more about how rat control works, contact us today.
Fredericksburg VA Homeowner's Guide To Avoiding Rats
When rats enter a home in Fredericksburg VA, they have the ability to spread serious illnesses like leptospirosis and rat-bite fever while also causing significant property damage. In order to prevent these situations from developing, try the following tips:
- Tend to landscaping. Rats are very skilled climbers and are quick to take advantage of hedges, trees, and other plantings that might be overgrown and in contact with your home.
- Secure the foundation. Rats are also very easily able to squeeze through very small openings, which is why it’s important to tend to these cracks with silicone-based caulk, sheet metal, wire mesh, and steel wool.
- Address issues with moisture. A water source is very important for rats, so always check for leaking downspouts, gutters, faucets, and other fixtures, and rectify them as needed. It’s also key to keep basements, attics, and crawl spaces well ventilated.
- Store food properly. Rats love food and they don’t care how they find it, so always keep pantry items and leftovers stored in airtight containers.
- Keep things clean. In order to deter rats from your property, always aim for cleanliness. This includes taking the trash out regularly, doing the dishes, disinfecting surfaces, vacuuming, and cleaning up after crumbs and spills thoroughly.
Fredericksburg's Helpful Guide To Rat Control
When it comes to household rat infestation, the presence of one rat can quickly evolve into a full-blown infestation. That puts your health and safety at risk, not to mention that of your family and loved ones. The good news is there are some helpful tricks to keeping rats away from your home. Here’s a helpful guide to rat control in Fredericksburg VA:
- Eliminate excess moisture around the home the reduce water sources.
- Get rid of accessible food sources and store food in tightly sealed, gnaw-proof containers.
- Keep the house clean and tidy, reduce clutter, and promptly wipe up spills and food residue.
- Regularly take the garbage out and keep it in sealed gnaw-proof trash bins outside.
These tip cans certainly help minimize your exposure to rat infestation, but if you want guaranteed protection from rat activity, your best bet is to call in the pest professionals at Miche Pest Control. Reach out to us today for quality rat control and prevention that you can rely on all year long.
Comprehensive Rat Control For Fredericksburg VA Properties
With a busy downtown area and no shortage of lakes and parks, Fredericksburg is the best of both worlds. There’s no shortage of things to do here, there’s also no shortage of the three factors – food, water, and shelter – that attract rats. No matter where you are in Fredericksburg, it’s almost guaranteed that your property is prime real estate for these rodents.
When rats infest your property, you want to get them out as fast as possible and ensure they don’t come back. Miche Pest Control provides highly-effective and comprehensive rat control services to Fredericksburg VA and the surrounding areas. We know that getting rid of rats is not an easy task which is why our rat control services include a systematic approach and a combination of products and techniques to protect you and your property now and in the future. Not sure if it’s rats in your walls? Contact us to set up a complimentary inspection and know your home will be safe with our pest-free guarantee.
Fredericksburg is an independent city located in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Located near where the Rappahannock River crosses the Atlantic Seaboard fall line, Fredericksburg was a prominent port in Virginia during the colonial era. During the Civil War, Fredericksburg, located halfway between the capitals of the opposing forces, was the site of the Battle of Fredericksburg and Second Battle of Fredericksburg. These battles are preserved, in part, as the Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania National Military Park. More than 10,000 African-Americans in the region left slavery for freedom in 1862 alone, getting behind Union lines. Tourism is a major part of the economy. Approximately 1.5 million people visit the Fredericksburg area annually, including the battlefield park, the downtown visitor center, events, museums, art shops, galleries, and many historical sites.
Fredericksburg is home to several major retail and commercial centers including Central Park (as of 2004, the second-largest mall on the East Coast) and the Spotsylvania Towne Centre, located in Spotsylvania County adjacent to the city. Major employers include the University of Mary Washington (named for the Fredericksburg resident who was the mother of George Washington), Mary Washington Healthcare, and GEICO. Many Fredericksburg-area residents commute to work by car, bus, and rail to Washington DC and Richmond, as well as Fairfax, Prince William, and Arlington counties.
Fredericksburg is part of the boundary between the Piedmont and Tidewater regions, and as such is located on the fall line, as evident on the Rappahannock River. US 1, US 17, and I-95 all pass through the city, which is located 53 miles south of downtown Washington DC and 58 miles north of Richmond. The city is bounded on the north and east by the Rappahannock River; across the river is Stafford County. The city is bounded on the south and west by Spotsylvania County.
Fredericksburg is traversed by a series of rural and suburban four-lane highways and a multitude of small, two-lane roads. The primary highway serving Fredericksburg is Interstate 95, which connects northward to Washington DC and southward to Richmond, Virginia. Among the major arterial roads is US Route 17, providing northwest-southeast transportation across the region. Through Fredericksburg, I-95 and US 17 are concurrent, though a local business route provides local access to downtown. Route 3 (Plank Road) is a major east–west route that connects downtown Fredericksburg (via the Blue and Gray Parkway bypass), southern Stafford and King George counties, and Route 301 to the east with the large shopping centers, Spotsylvania Town Center and Central Park. To the west, Route 3 reaches Culpeper, where it meets Route 29 and Route 15.
Woodbridge VA (27 miles), Manassas VA (31 miles), Springfield VA (37 miles), Fairfax VA (38 miles), Alexandria VA (41 miles), Falls Church VA (43 miles), Arlington VA (45 miles), Herndon VA (46 miles), Washington DC (48 miles), Ashburn VA (51 miles), Bethesda MD (51 miles), Upper Marlboro MD (52 miles), Hyattsville MD (53 miles), Silver Spring MD (53 miles), Leesburg VA (56 miles), Rockville MD (56 miles), Gaithersburg MD (60 miles), Bowie MD (61 miles), Laurel MD (64 miles), Annapolis MD (70 miles), Columbia MD (70 miles), Ellicott City MD (76 miles), Frederick MD (77 miles), Baltimore MD (82 miles)
Recent Blog Articles
November 25, 2022
Learn what spiders can be found in Washington, D.C., which species are the most dangerous, and tips to prevent spider infestations in your home.Read More
November 23, 2022
German cockroaches can be a problem in Washington, D.C. Learn how to identify them, why they are bad pests, and why DIY cockroach extermination is ill-advi...Read More