Rat Control Services In Fairfax VA
Miche Pest Control is a family owned and operated pest control company that provides residential and commercial rat control services in Fairfax VA and the surrounding areas. Our expert rat exterminators get rid of rat infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the rats from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today or book online!
Comprehensive Rat Control For Fairfax VA Properties
Just shy of twenty miles from Washington DC, with no shortage of lakes and parks, Fairfax is the best of both worlds. While there’s no shortage of things to do here, there’s also no shortage of the three factors – food, water, and shelter – that attract rats. No matter where you are in Fairfax, it’s almost guaranteed that your property is prime real estate for these rodents.
When rats infest your property, you want to get them out as fast as possible and ensure they don’t come back. Miche Pest Control provides highly-effective and comprehensive rat control services to Fairfax VA and the surrounding areas. We know that getting rid of rats is not an easy task which is why our rat control services include a systematic approach and a combination of products and techniques to protect you and your property now and in the future. Not sure if it’s rats in your walls? Contact us to set up a complimentary inspection and know your home will be safe with our pest-free guarantee.
Most Common Rats In Fairfax VA
Rats are frequent visitors to Fairfax properties, particularly when temperatures outside begin to cool off and they are in search of warm shelter. The most common species of rat in the area is the Norway rat, otherwise known as the brown rat or sewer rat. This type of rat is quite large and can measure up to 16 inches in length. They have short dense fur that is usually light brown in coloring with hints of gray. Similar to mice, they have small features, but their tail is very long and hairless. The Norway rat is a scavenger by nature and tends to enter properties through small gaps and openings.
At Miche Pest Control, we specialize in rat control methods that work for all species of rats. We utilize detailed inspections, entry point assessments and sealings with the safe and effective practice of exclusion, and tamper-proof bait stations that are checked on a routine basis. If rats appear between regularly scheduled visits, our team will return and re-treat your property at no additional cost because we want our customers to be completely satisfied. For more information on rat control that works, contact us today.
Three Problems Rats Cause In Fairfax VA
- Other pests. Perhaps one of the most common hosts for parasites, rats are very often responsible for secondary infestations of mites, ticks, and fleas.
- Illness. Unlike mice, rats are more willing to interact with humans, which is how they spread rat-bite fever. Through their droppings, saliva, and urine, rats are also linked with illnesses like hantavirus, leptospirosis, and tularemia. These byproducts are also regularly linked with irritated allergies and asthma attacks.
- Property damage. Rats are capable of a wide array of property damage. While they’re nesting, rats are likely to scavenge for materials, which may include clothing and irreplaceable personal items. Like other rodents, rats also have front incisor teeth that can grow out of control, so in order to keep them short, they will chew and gnaw on anything they can find, which is often walls, furniture, and electrical wiring.
At Miche Pest Control, we provide rat control that lasts. Our methods are designed to both get rid of active rat populations as well as keep new ones from developing. To learn more about how rat control works, contact us today.
Fairfax VA Homeowner's Guide To Avoiding Rats
When rats enter Fairfax homes, they have the ability to spread serious illnesses like leptospirosis and rat-bite fever while also causing significant property damage. In order to prevent these situations from developing, try the following tips:
- Tend to landscaping. Rats are very skilled climbers and are quick to take advantage of hedges, trees, and other plantings that might be overgrown and in contact with your home.
- Secure the foundation. These pests are also very easily able to squeeze through very small openings, which is why it’s important to tend to these cracks with silicone-based caulk, sheet metal, wire mesh, and steel wool.
- Address issues with moisture. A water source is very important for rats, so always check for leaking downspouts, gutters, faucets, and other fixtures, and rectify them as needed. It’s also key to keep basements, attics, and crawl spaces well ventilated.
- Store food properly. Rats love food and they don’t care how they find it, so always keep pantry items and leftovers stored in airtight containers.
- Keep things clean. In order to deter rats from your property, always aim for cleanliness. This includes taking the trash out regularly, doing the dishes, disinfecting surfaces, vacuuming, and cleaning up after crumbs and spills thoroughly.
For rat control that is safe and effective, contact Miche Pest Control today.
How To Buy Professional Rat Control In Fairfax VA
Keeping rats out of your Fairfax property is of the utmost importance and is best performed with professional rat control. When searching for the right company for the job, there are a few important factors to consider. To start, you want a team of pest experts who have the knowledge, experience, and tools to do the job right. Inspections are also a very important part of the process, as it allows for an understanding of the potential for issues as well as the extent of current ones. When it comes to treating rat issues, exclusionary measures, as well as bait stations, are very important to have and are the signature of thorough work. Most importantly, routine follow-ups are imperative in order to maintain a rat-free property.
At Miche Pest Control, we provide all of this and more. Our services are designed to be safe, secure, and effective. We are wholly dedicated to your success and keeping rats out of your property in Fairfax VA. The thorough approach that we take to rat control is designed to get rid of rat problems in their entirety while also preventing new issues. To learn more about our rat control services, contact us today.
Fairfax's Helpful Guide To Rat Control
When it comes to household rat infestation, the presence of one rat can quickly evolve into a full-blown infestation. That puts your health and safety at risk, not to mention that of your family and loved ones. The good news is there are some helpful tricks to keeping rats away from your home. Here’s Fairfax's helpful guide to rat control:
- Eliminate excess moisture around the home the reduce water sources.
- Get rid of accessible food sources and store food in tightly sealed, gnaw-proof containers.
- Keep the house clean and tidy, reduce clutter, and promptly wipe up spills and food residue.
- Regularly take the garbage out and keep it in sealed gnaw-proof trash bins outside.
These tip cans certainly help minimize your exposure to rat infestation, but if you want guaranteed protection from rat activity, your best bet is to call in the pest professionals. Reach out to Miche Pest Control today for quality rat control and prevention that you can rely on all year long.
The City of Fairfax, also known as Fairfax City, Downtown Fairfax, Old Town Fairfax, Fairfax Courthouse, or simply Fairfax, is an independent city in the Commonwealth of Virginia. The City of Fairfax is an enclave surrounded by the separate entity Fairfax County. Fairfax City also contains an exclave of Fairfax County, the Fairfax County Court Complex. The City of Fairfax and the area immediately surrounding the historical border of the City of Fairfax, collectively designated by Fairfax County as "Fairfax", comprise the county seat of Fairfax County. The city is part of the Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, DC-VA-MD-WV Metropolitan Statistical Area as well as a part of Northern Virginia. The city is 17 miles west of Washington DC.
The intersection of U.S. Route 50 and U.S. Route 29 is located in the northeast corner of the city. The two major highways join to form Fairfax Boulevard for approximately 2.8 miles (4.5 km) through the city before separating. State Route 123, State Route 236 and State Route 237 pass through the city. SR 236 is named Main Street in the city and then becomes Little River Turnpike once the city line is crossed. Interstate 66 passes just outside the city limits and is the major highway serving the Fairfax region. Connections to I-66 from the city can be made via U.S. Route 50 and State Route 123.
Old Town Fairfax has undergone an extensive redevelopment, which began in 2005. The redevelopment added a new City of Fairfax Regional Library, more than 45,000 square feet of retail and restaurant space, more than 70,000 square feet of office condominiums, and 85 upscale residential condominium units. In May 2009, Fairfax was rated as No. 3 in the "Top 25 Places to Live Well" by Forbes Magazine. Forbes commended Fairfax for its strong public school system, high median salary, and a rate of sole proprietors per capita that ranks it in the top 1 percent nationwide. According to the magazine, "These factors are increasingly important in a recession. When businesses and jobs retract, as they have nationwide, municipalities with strong environments for start-ups, and those that offer attractive amenities, are better suited to recover from economic downtimes, as there are more business activity filling the void."
The city derives its name from Thomas Fairfax, 6th Lord Fairfax of Cameron, who was awarded 5,000,000 acres of land in northern Virginia by King Charles. The area that the city now encompasses was settled in the early 18th century by farmers from Virginia's Tidewater region. The town of "Providence" was established on the site by an act of the state legislature in 1805. Providence was officially renamed the "Town of Fairfax" in 1859. It was incorporated as a town in 1874. It was incorporated as a city almost 100 years later in 1961 by a court order. Under Virginia law, the city was separated from Fairfax County, but the City of Fairfax remains the county seat.
Falls Church VA (8 miles), Springfield VA (8 miles), Herndon VA (10 miles), Manassas VA (11 miles), Arlington VA (12 miles), Woodbridge VA (13 miles), Alexandria VA (14 miles), Bethesda MD (15 miles), Washington DC (15 miles), Ashburn VA (17 miles), Rockville MD (18 miles), Silver Spring MD (18 miles), Gaithersburg MD (21 miles), Hyattsville MD (21 miles), Leesburg VA (23 miles), Bowie MD (30 miles), Laurel MD (30 miles), Upper Marlboro MD (30 miles), Columbia MD (34 miles), Fredericksburg VA (38 miles), Ellicott City MD (40 miles), Frederick MD (40 miles), Annapolis MD (45 miles), Baltimore MD (48 miles)
Recent Blog Articles
What should you know about the stink bugs in Maryland? Take some time today to research these pests and learn more about simple control methods.Read More
October 05, 2022
Do you know how to identify a black widow spider in Maryland? Learn today what this pest looks like and how to spot one indoors.Read More