How To Identify Mice Problems In Fairfax Station, VA
When mice enter Fairfax Station properties, they are capable of causing significant property damage and spreading dangerous illnesses. However, because mice are nocturnal, meaning that they come out primarily at night, they can be hard to spot. Some of the signs that they leave behind, which may be helpful, are:
- Small piles of fecal matter, which resemble oblong black pellets
- A stale smell that may attract household pets
- Scratching noises coming from within walls
- Chewed cereal and other food cartons
- Holes in walls close to floorboards and molding
- Nesting material like leaves, grass, yard debris, shredded fabrics, and newspaper
The best way to both prevent and get rid of mice problems is with professional mouse control from Miche Pest Control. Our methods utilize detailed inspections, sealing up entry points with exclusion, and installing tamper-resistant bait stations, which we check on a routine basis. Where there is one mouse, there are usually many, which makes professional mouse control an absolute necessity. For more information on these services, contact us today.
Four Things Attracting Mice To Your Fairfax Station, VA Property
Mouse problems develop in Fairfax Station properties simply because individuals don’t realize that they are providing pests with everything that they need to survive. Here are four things that you may be giving mice, unbeknownst to you:
- Food. Mice are scavengers and are not fussy, which means that they will find food anywhere. Sometimes this means going through trash bins, dirty dishes, pantries, or anything that’s been left out and uncovered. Mice can also easily chew through boxes and other food packaging, so anything that’s not kept in an airtight container is a possible problem.
- Water and moisture issues. Places like damp basements, attics, and crawl spaces are ideal locations for mice. They will also seek a water source in order to survive, so dripping faucets, pipes, showerheads, bathtubs, downspouts, and gutters are all enough to keep them around.
- Clutter. Things like stacks of old newspapers and magazines, as well as packing materials and other clutter, provide mice the shelter and nesting materials that they desire.
- Warmth. Though mice can be a year-round pest problem for local property owners, they are particularly drawn inside when temperatures outside begin to cool off. At this point, your home is providing mice with the exact conditions that they need in order to survive.
For mouse control that you can trust from season to season, contact Miche Pest Control today.
Fairfax Station, VA Homeowner's Guide To Everything Mice
As one of the most tenacious pests in Fairfax Station, there is still a lot that’s unknown about mice. This is everything that local homeowners need to know about them:
- Mice are capable of entering homes in a multitude of ways. One of the most common ways they gain access is by squeezing through openings in a home’s foundation; however, they can also fit the gaps underneath doors and around windows, or simply walk through an open door.
- They are actually very dangerous. One of the biggest threats that mice pose is related to health. Through their byproducts like saliva, urine, and feces, they are linked with the spread of leptospirosis, tularemia, hantavirus, and salmonella, as well as the agitation of asthma and allergies.
- Other pests are never too far behind. Mice are notorious for playing host to parasites like mites, ticks, and fleas, which is a problem that can be very dangerous for homes with pets.
- Mice are super chewers. In order to keep their front incisor teeth from overgrowing, mice have a near-constant need to chew. During this time, they’ll take to things like walls, personal belongings, furniture, and electrical wires. This can have devastating impacts that can leave a home susceptible to future pest attacks.
For mouse control that works, contact Miche Pest Control today.
Why Everyone In Fairfax Station, VA, Should Buy Professional Mice Control
Mice may be small and unassuming, but they are actually one of the most dangerous pests to plague Fairfax Station. None of the issues that they cause should be handled by individual homeowners. To start, mice chew at the smallest cracks in a property’s foundation. This can leave homes and businesses susceptible to future pest infestations that can be just as damaging and severe. Once they’ve entered a property, mice are very likely to bring other pests with them, as they’re one of the most common hosts for parasites. A secondary infestation with fleas, ticks, and mites is never too far behind when there’s a mouse problem and this can be a very big issue particularly for households with pets. Through their fecal matter, urine, and saliva, mice are also linked with the spread of illnesses like salmonellosis, tularemia, and hantavirus, as well as the irritation of allergies and asthma. Because of their incessant need to chew, mice often turn to furniture, molding, walls, and electrical wiring, which can have dire consequences like house fires.
Whether you’re looking to prevent a mouse problem in your home or you need to remove an active infestation, the most reliable answer is mouse control from Miche Pest Control. Our methods involve detailed inspections, sealing up entry points, and setting tamper-proof bait stations. For more information on mouse control, contact us today.
Recent Blog Articles
April 15, 2022
The gigantic and flashy-looking Joro spider is the last thing you want to see around your home or business. However, they may not be as dangerous as they l...Read More
February 21, 2022
Green Pest Services, a sister company of Pointe Pest Control in Illinois, sells to PestCo Holdings, a Thompson Street Capital Partners company.Read More