Top Rated Flea Control Services For Homes & Businesses In Burke, VA
Miche Pest Control is a top rated, family owned and operated, full service pest control company that provides flea control services for homes and businesses in Burke, VA and the surrounding areas. Our expert technicians get rid of flea infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the fleas from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today!
Comprehensive Flea Control For Burke, VA
Twenty miles from DC on the banks of the Potomac River, Burke has it all – including fleas! Fleas can infest any home or business, but the professionals at Miche Pest Control can help safeguard your property from these parasitic pests. At Miche Pest Control, our monthly treatments eliminate any existing populations and deter future generations of fleas from developing in your home or business.
If you want to keep fleas at bay, our licensed technicians can help. We use EPA-registered products that are safe for use around homes and businesses but effective against fleas and other common pests in Burke. For those who are looking for a more natural approach, we offer organic products for many of our services as well. Call today to request your free quote, and make sure to ask about our pest free guarantee.
Is It Dangerous To Have Fleas In My Burke Home?
Though they’re small in size, fleas are capable of being very dangerous inside your Burke home. The biggest issue that comes with having fleas is the health risks that they pose to your cats and dogs. These household pets are an ideal host for fleas to feed off of. Within five minutes of being latched to Fido or Fluffy, fleas can drink their blood for more than two hours, easily leading to anemia, skin infections, and allergic reactions. Fleas don’t pose a significant health risk to humans; however, they may irritate allergies and asthma as well as skin infections like impetigo. At Miche Pest Control, we work alongside homeowners to provide them with the most well-rounded flea control available. Our expert technicians utilize EPA-approved products like adulticide and larvicide in order to remove all populations, both present and potential. To learn more about how flea control can keep your household safe, contact us today.
Facts About Fleas Burke Homeowners Should Know
Fleas can plague any Burke home at any given time, with their parasitic nature. Here are a few facts about fleas that every resident should know.
- Fleas have been responsible for historic sweeps of illness like the Black Death. To this day, they are still linked with health risks like tularemia, anemia, and murine typhus.
- Though small, these pests can feed off of your pets for up to two and a half hours, consuming nearly fifteen times their body weight in blood.
- Female fleas can lay up to 50 eggs per day and approximately 2,000 in their lifetime.
- Infestations can occur from more than just pets. If you have a rodent or wildlife issue on your property, then a flea problem is never too far behind. Additionally, humans can also bring fleas to their property after spending time in areas of tall grass or dense vegetation.
At Miche Pest Control, we know how dangerous flea problems can be, which is why we offer comprehensive flea control. Our methods are devised to both eradicate adult populations while also getting rid of larvae and preventing them from hatching. To further ensure your safety, our technicians will work with you until your home is completely free from fleas. If you have an infestation, look no further. Contact us today for more information on flea control today.
Tips To Avoid Cockroach Infestations In Burke
Working to avoid a cockroach infestation in your Burke home is one of the most important things you can do to keep everyone in your home safe, as these problems can get out of control quickly. In order to keep cockroaches away, try these tips:
- Address moisture problems inside and outside the home. Cockroaches are drawn to damp areas, so check your gutters, downspouts, and roofs for leaks routinely and inside the home, tend to faucets, pipes, and other fixtures and remedy them as needed.
- Seal up your foundation. These pests can sneak through very small openings so fill gaps around doors and windows with weather stripping, apply caulk to holes in your foundation, and repair worn window screens.
- Check boxes. Another common way for cockroaches to gain access to your home is by going for a ride in packages. Open any shipped goods outside and inspect them thoroughly.
- Properly store food. Your food is one of the most enticing things to cockroaches so always keep it in airtight containers and dispose of anything that’s gone bad.
- Keep things clean and tidy. Things like clutter, dirty dishes, crumbs, spills, and overflowing trash are all enough to attract cockroaches and keep them around, so be sure to tidy up on a routine basis and maintain a hygienic living environment.
- Contact the pros. Once cockroach problems have developed in your home, they can be very difficult to control. Preventive measures with professional help from your local pest expert is always the way to go.
For cockroach control that will keep your home safe, contact Miche Pest Control today.
What Is The Best Way To Keep My Pets Safe From Fleas In Burke?
Though it’s hard to imagine, your cats and dogs are one of the most desirable hosts to the fleas in Burke. Pets tend to spend a lot of time outdoors, whether it’s running around the backyard, going for a hike, or playing at the dog park, and these are all prime places for fleas to loiter. Once fleas have latched onto your animals, they can feed off of them at alarmingly high rates, which can lead to anemia, skin infections, and hair loss. In order to protect your pets from the dangers of fleas, it’s advisable that you consult your veterinarian about flea and tick prevention. This is the best first line of defense from these harmful parasites throughout the year. These treatments can be taken orally or applied topically on a routine basis. If you’re looking for an extra layer of protection, then you’ll want to consider professional flea control from Miche Pest Control. We provide Burke homeowners with an array of treatments like adulticide and larvicide in order to remove all populations while preventing new ones. Our experienced technicians also work with homeowners to make professional recommendations on ways to prevent flea problems in the future. To get rid of the fleas that are plaguing your home, contact us today.
Recent Blog Articles
What should you know about the stink bugs in Maryland? Take some time today to research these pests and learn more about simple control methods.Read More
October 05, 2022
Do you know how to identify a black widow spider in Maryland? Learn today what this pest looks like and how to spot one indoors.Read More