Ant Control Services In Oakton VA
Miche Pest Control is a family owned and operated pest control company that provides residential and commercial ant control services in Oakton VA and the surrounding areas. Our expert ant exterminators get rid of ant infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the ants from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today or book online!
Ant Exterminator Serving Oakton VA
If you're dealing with an ant infestation in Oakton VA, it's important to find a reliable and effective ant exterminator. At Miche Pest Control, we understand how frustrating and overwhelming it can be to deal with ants in your home or business. That's why we offer professional and customized ant extermination services to effectively eliminate your ant problem. Our team of experienced exterminators will quickly identify the source of the infestation and use state-of-the-art techniques to eliminate it. We use safe, eco-friendly methods to ensure the safety of your family and pets. Don't let ants disrupt your daily life, contact Miche Pest Control today and schedule your ant extermination appointment. We guarantee to get the job done right the first time!
A Step-By-Step Guide To Total Ant Control For Oakton Property Owners
Property owners in Oakton are often plagued by ants throughout the year. For ultimate protection from ants, follow this step-by-step guide:
- Tidy up the yard. Something simple like having too much brush in the yard is enough to lure ants, so start by cleaning up leaf piles and tree branches.
- Fill all cracks. Due to their small size, ants can easily fit through any opening they find. To prevent their entry, try filling holes and openings with caulk and placing weatherstripping in gaps around doors and windows.
- Tend to moisture issues. Check for faulty pipes, downspouts, faucets, and other fixtures on a regular basis, fixing leaks as they happen.
- Handle food with care. The thing ants desire most is sweet substances, so always take out the trash often, rinse jars before disposing of them, and clean up crumbs.
The most reliable way to keep ants from becoming an issue is with professional ant control from Miche Pest Control. We always begin with a detailed property inspection in order to determine how ants might enter a building or home. From there, we apply a ten-foot granular barrier that is specifically designed for ants, as well as apply interior and exterior treatments. If an ant population develops between our quarterly services, we will re-treat a property until the issue is resolved at no extra charge. For more information regarding ant control, contact us today.
All The Ways Ants Get Into Your Oakton Home
You may have noticed a small trail of ants in your Oakton home at one point or another, and if this is the case, you’re one of many individuals with the same scenario. Some of the ways that ants may have entered your home are:
- Openings around your foundation
- Gaps underneath doors
- Cracks and crevices in your foundation
- Windows and doors that have been left open
- Unsecure window screens
- Invaded packages that may have been left out for extended periods of time
Keeping ants from becoming an issue is one of the hardest challenges that homeowners may face. They can enter your home with little effort and because of their tenacity, they can appear seemingly overnight. At Miche Pest Control, we’re dedicated to bringing homeowners like yourself maximum coverage from ants by including these services in our general pest control programs, all of which we guarantee. For more information on our ant control offerings, contact us today.
Ant Prevention Tips For Oakton Homeowners
Ants may be a very common part of daily life in Oakton but they don’t have to be. In order to prevent these types of problems, homeowners should try the following tips:
- Practice proper food storage. One of the things that ants crave more than anything else is sweet food, so always keep food and pantry items in secure containers.
- Remedy excess water. Ants also require a water source and the smallest thing like a faucet that’s dripping or left on is enough to attract them. Additionally, stopping leaky downspouts, pipes, and bathtubs is very important.
- Keep things clean. Ants are pests that aren’t fussy, so things like trash, crumbs, and dirty dishes are all fair game. Aim for overall cleanliness in order to keep ants away.
- Seal up the home. Because ants can fit through almost any opening, it’s important to fill cracks in the foundation, ensure window screens are in good working condition, and use door sweeps.
- Contact the pros. Ants are a very difficult pest to avoid, which makes professional assistance an absolute necessity.
At Miche Pest Control, we work to keep ants from becoming an issue in homes throughout the year. We provide ant control as part of our quarterly programs in order to remove the pressure that they put upon homeowners. Our protocol includes exterior and interior applications, a ten-foot granular barrier treatment, crevice treatments, and meticulous inspections to ensure the effectiveness of our services, all of which we guarantee. For more information on ant control, contact us today.
Are Ants In My Oakton Home Dangerous?
As Oakton’s most common nuisance pest, the ants that you’re seeing around your home are most likely not very dangerous to your health. That said, there are some species that should be noted for the harm that they can cause. To start, carpenter ants prove to be risky because of the property damage they’re associated with. While they burrow inside of wood rather than eat through it, these ants can lead to damage that is very in line with what termites cause. The red imported fire ant, on the other hand, can be very harmful to your health. If their mounds are disrupted, this species will sting, which leads to side effects like muscle pain, dizziness, and swelling. The odorous house ant is capable of spreading the bacteria that leads to E. coli infections as well if they infest your food.
Ants are very easily attracted inside homes, which is why Miche Pest Control includes ant control in our residential pest control programs. With methods like routine inspections and maintenance, granular barriers, and interior and exterior treatments, we’re able to relieve homeowners from the risks that ants pose. For more information on these services, contact us today.
Oakton is a census-designated place (CDP) in Fairfax County, Virginia. Located in Northern Virginia, its center is 16 miles west of Washington DC at 38°52′59″N 77°17′24″W (38.883050, −77.289900). Oakton is located in central Fairfax County, served by I-66 and Virginia State Route 123. The CDP is bordered to the south by the city of Fairfax, to the west by Fair Oaks, to the northwest by Difficult Run, to the north by the Wolf Trap CDP, to the east by the town of Vienna, and to the southeast by Merrifield. According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 9.8 square miles (25.4 km2), of which 9.8 square miles (25.3 km2) is land and 0.04 square miles (0.1 km2), or 0.38%, is water.
Always on time and communicative. Mr. Miche is a great person to have on our family team to keep our household working right!