Mosquito Control Services In McLean VA
Miche Pest Control is a family owned and operated, full service pest control company that provides mosquito control services for homes and businesses in McLean VA and the surrounding areas. Our expert mosquito exterminators get rid of mosquito infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the mosquitoes from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today!
Comprehensive Mosquito Control For McLean, VA
Not much can ruin outdoor relaxation quite as quickly as a swarm of buzzing mosquitoes. Not only are these pests a nuisance, but they can also spread dangerous illnesses. The professionals at Miche Pest Control want to help ensure your outdoor enjoyment by eliminating mosquitoes on your McLean property.
Our top-rated mosquito control services provide lasting protection against mosquitoes and ticks. We use a combination of safe and effective treatments to eliminate existing populations and larvicides to keep mosquitoes from coming back. All of our products are EPA registered and safe for use around homes and businesses. For complete protection against mosquitoes in McLean, call on the experts at Miche Pest Control.
Five Things Every McLean Resident Should Know About Mosquitoes
Mosquitoes are a persistent problem in McLean, but there is a lot that residents may not know about them. Here are five things that everyone in the area needs to know about mosquitoes:
- Mosquito season is actually quite long. The mosquitoes that you see zipping around town may peak over the summer months; however, their season actually spans from March through October.
- Not all mosquitoes bite. It’s the female mosquito who is actually responsible for those itchy bumps that you receive due to bites. She does this because she requires your blood in order to reproduce and lay her eggs.
- Landscaping matters. The foliage and harborage sites around your property can make a very big difference with regards to whether or not mosquitoes seek your land in the first place. To avoid providing an abundance of shade or moist places, trim back trees and hedges, mow your lawn regularly, and remove all leaf piles.
- The human factor counts. There are so many character traits that humans possess that determine whether or not mosquitoes will be attracted to them. Additionally, having an abundance of people on your property, say for a graduation party, can be the source of having a mosquito problem in the first place. Things like your laundry detergent, whether or not you’ve consumed alcohol, and the type of blood you have can all attract mosquitoes.
- Prevention is possible. Mosquitoes don’t have to be a seasonal problem on your property. With help from a pest control professional, you can have relief from mosquitoes and enjoy your property.
For mosquito control that provides immediate and lasting relief, contact Miche Pest Control today.
What Smells Do Mosquitoes In McLean Hate?
If you’ve ever encountered the mosquitoes in McLean, then you know that they can be determined and vicious. The female is on the quest for blood, which she needs in order to reproduce. These pests are, however, very sensitive to smell, and there are certain odors that may provide some relief from mosquitoes. Those scents are:
At Miche Pest Control, we know how pervasive mosquitoes can be for McLean residents despite what scents are present in your backyard, which is why we provide the most reliable mosquito control around. Our techniques include yard fogging and larvicide treatments, both on a routine basis during the season when mosquitoes are most active. The first treatment that we apply works to get rid of active problems right away, and from there, our professional technicians treat your property eight additional times in order to keep new mosquito issues from arising. If any mosquitoes crop up between your regularly scheduled visits, we’ll come to re-treat your property at no extra charge. For more information on how our mosquito control can help you enjoy your property again, contact us today.
Top Mosquito Prevention Tips For McLean Homeowners
Mosquitoes can be a real buzzkill for McLean homeowners, putting a damper on outdoor gatherings and simple evenings spent outside during the summer. To keep mosquitoes at bay, try these top tips:
- Tend to your landscaping by trimming back overhanging trees, mowing the lawn routinely, and removing leaf piles and other yard debris. This will remove a key area where mosquitoes tend to take up shelter and lay their eggs.
- Turn over any areas of standing water on your property. This may include birdbaths, your pet’s water bowls, and kiddie pools. Also get rid of still water that may have pooled up on top of grill covers, kayaks, and pool covers.
- Consider the human factor by making some changes to your daily routine. This includes opting for unscented laundry detergent, sweating less, limiting the amount of time you spend outside during dusk and dawn, wearing light-colored clothing, and avoiding perfume.
- Always contact your local pest specialist for seasonal mosquito control that works.
With vast experience and a dedication to your safety, Miche Pest Control is the trusted local name in mosquito control. With regular yard fogging and larvicide applications between the months of March and October, we’re able to keep mosquitoes of all stages from becoming an issue on your property. For more information on how your home can benefit from these services, contact us today.
The Best Way To Keep Mosquitoes Away From Your Yard In McLean
Many homeowners in McLean will try to limit their exposure to mosquitoes with DIY methods like the application of EPA-approved products like DEET and picaridin. While these products may provide some relief, they don’t address the root cause of why your yard has an active mosquito population. Putting out citronella candles has a similar effect; it’s simply a superficial answer to a very deep-seated problem. That’s why the best way to keep mosquitoes off of your property is with professional mosquito control from Miche Pest Control. Our methods combine detailed property inspections, yard fogging, and larvicide applications, resulting in completely breaking the lifecycle and creating a mosquito-free living environment. If any mosquitoes return between your scheduled visits, we'll even re-treat your property at no additional cost until the problem is gone. For more information on the most reliable mosquito control, contact us today.
McLean is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) in Fairfax County in Northern Virginia. McLean is home to many diplomats, military, members of Congress, and high-ranking government officials partially due to its proximity to Washington DC, the Pentagon, and the Central Intelligence Agency. It is the location of Hickory Hill, the former home of Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert F. Kennedy. It is also the location of Salona, the former home of Light-Horse Harry Lee, the Revolutionary War hero. It is located between the Potomac River and the town of Vienna. McLean is often distinguished by its luxury homes and its nearby high-profit shopping destinations: Tysons Corner Center and Tysons Galleria. The two McLean zip codes – 22101 and 22102 – are among the most expensive ZIP Codes in Virginia and the United States.
The community received its name from John Roll McLean, the former publisher and owner of The Washington Post. Along with Stephen Benton Elkins and French aristocrat Jean-Pierre Guenard, in 1902 he bought the charter for the Great Falls and Old Dominion Railroad. Completed in 1906, it connected the area with Washington DC. McLean named a railroad station after himself, where the rail line (traveling on the present route of Old Dominion Drive) crossed the old Chain Bridge Road. The community itself was founded in 1910, when the communities of Lewinsville and Langley merged.
McLean is located on the Capital Beltway (Interstate 495) in Northern Virginia, central McLean is 8 miles northwest of downtown Washington DC and 9 miles northeast of Fairfax, the county seat. The community lies in the Piedmont upland on the west bank of the Potomac River. The river forms the community's northern and eastern borders, and a number of its smaller tributaries flow north and northeast through the CDP. From west to east, these include Bull Neck Run, Scott Run, Dead Run, Turkey Run, and Pimmit Run.
As an inner suburb of Washington DC, McLean is a part of both the Washington Metropolitan Area and the larger Baltimore-Washington Metropolitan Area. The CDP includes the unincorporated communities of Langley, Lewinsville, and West McLean, and it borders several other Washington suburbs including: Potomac and Cabin John, Maryland to the north; Brookmont, Maryland to the northeast; Arlington to the southeast; Falls Church to the south; Idylwood, Pimmit Hills, and Tysons Corner to the southwest; Wolf Trap to the west; and Great Falls to the northwest.
Falls Church VA (4 miles), Arlington VA (6 miles), Bethesda MD (6 miles), Washington DC (8 miles), Fairfax VA (9 miles), Silver Spring MD (9 miles), Rockville MD (10 miles), Springfield VA (10 miles), Alexandria VA (11 miles), Herndon VA (11 miles), Hyattsville MD (13 miles), Gaithersburg MD (15 miles), Ashburn VA (18 miles), Woodbridge VA (19 miles), Manassas VA (20 miles), Laurel MD (21 miles), Bowie MD (22 miles), Leesburg VA (24 miles), Upper Marlboro MD (24 miles), Columbia MD (25 miles), Ellicott City MD (31 miles), Frederick MD (35 miles), Annapolis MD (37 miles), Baltimore MD (39 miles), Fredericksburg VA (46 miles)
Recent Blog Articles
Tick Infestations: Signs, Causes, and Prevention
April 23, 2023
Do you have a tick infestation on your property? Find out the signs, causes, and how to prevent them.Read More
How To Get Rid Of Rats In The House Fast
April 17, 2023
Did you just find a rat in your home? Find out how to get rid of rats in the house fast.Read More