Top Rated Spider Control Services For Homes & Businesses In Fairfax Station, VA
Miche Pest Control is a top rated, family owned and operated, full service pest control company that provides spider control services for homes and businesses in Fairfax Station, VA and the surrounding areas. Our expert technicians get rid of spider infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the spiders from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today!
Comprehensive Spider Control For Fairfax Station, VA
There's so much to see in Fairfax Station, but spider infestations can easily undermine the enjoyment of all the great places in our neighborhood. Virginia is home to both nuisance and dangerous spiders, and you shouldn't welcome either one on your property, but often we do without even realizing it. Spiders are all around us, but they only cause problems when they settle in and grow their populations near our homes and businesses. Often there are factors that attract spiders to certain properties.
The professionals at Miche Pest Control can help you get rid of spiders and keep them from coming back. Whether you need help identifying factors that are attracting spiders, want to get rid of other pests that might be drawing them in, or need help removing the spiders themselves, our highly trained technicians will know what to do. Our pest control methods and products are modern, safe, and effective and come with a pest free guarantee. Call today to find out how we can help you keep spiders away from your Fairfax Station property!
How To Identify The Most Common Spiders In Fairfax Station, VA
Spiders can infiltrate Fairfax Station properties at any time throughout the year. Here are four of the most common types that property owners might encounter:
- Daddy long-legs. Otherwise known as a cellar spider, the daddy long-legs is aptly named both ways because of its thin, spindly legs and the location you'll often find it. Expect to find this species in other dark, damp places like basements and crawl spaces.
- Black widow. Perhaps the most iconic spider, the black widow is also venomous. They are easily identified by their glossy black exterior and red hourglass stamp. These spiders are anti-social but will attack if they feel threatened.
- Brown recluse. Another venomous spider, the brown recluse tends to hide in closets, underneath porches, and in places that are not frequented by people. If they perceive a problem, they will bite. The brown recluse is spotted by its light brown coloring and six eyes.
- Wolf spider. With oversized eyes, a chunky stature, and fuzzy features, the wolf spider is hard to miss. They tend to thrive outside in grassy areas but can easily invade homes.
At Miche Pest Control, spider control is included in our quarterly pest protection program because we know how invasive these pests can be. To learn more, contact us today.
Three Problems Spiders Cause In Fairfax Station, VA
Though the spiders in Fairfax Station may seem harmless, there are actually several key issues that they are linked with. Those main problems are:
- Health risks. Some of the most common spiders in Fairfax County, like the black widow and brown recluse, are very dangerous. While they tend to live out of sight of humans, if they feel attacked, they will bite, the result of which can lead to shortness of breath, swelling, and nausea.
- Nuisance. Whether property owners are dealing with dangerous spiders or non-venomous species, they can be a nuisance. Spiders reproduce very quickly and leave behind numerous webs, which can leave residents with a big mess to clean up.
- Signs of other pest problems. While not a direct issue that spiders cause, they tend to be a very clear indication that a property has at least one other active pest infestation. Because spiders prey upon other pests, like cockroaches, ants, gnats, and flies, they may lead property owners to other issues.
Keeping spiders out of a property can be truly difficult, as they can gain entrance in a multitude of sneaky ways. At Miche Pest Control, we work to combat this fact with spider control that lasts throughout the year. For more information, contact us today.
Spider Prevention Tips For Fairfax Station, VA, Residents
When spiders take up residence in Fairfax Station properties, they can be dangerous and a nuisance. Because they eat other pests, preventing spiders also means keeping other infestations to a minimum. In order to keep spiders and their meals out of a property, try these tips:
- Remove all tree branches, leaf piles, and hedge trimmings from the yard.
- Store all firewood at least 20 feet away from a building’s foundation.
- Seal up cracks and crevices in a property’s foundation with caulk, repair worn window screens, use door sweeps, and apply weatherstripping to the gaps around doors.
- Address any leaks, particularly ones from downspouts, gutters, faucets, bathtubs, and showerheads.
- Maintain well-ventilated basements, crawl spaces, and attics.
- Remove cobwebs when they appear.
- Store food and pantry items in airtight containers.
- Always use a garbage bin with a lid and take the trash out regularly.
- Aim for good hygiene by disinfecting surfaces, vacuuming, and cleaning up after spills on a routine basis.
- Remove all clutter, which includes boxes, stacks of magazines, and other papers.
The spider control that we provide at Miche Pest Control is aimed at keeping these pests and the pests they prey on out of Fairfax Station properties throughout the year. For more information on spider control, contact us today.
Why Everyone In Fairfax Station, VA Should Consider Spider Control
Spiders are extremely common in Fairfax Station, which makes professional spider control an absolute necessity. Some species that residents may be faced with will be venomous and the risks that come with being bitten are simply not worth it. While reactions vary from person to person, being bitten by a brown recluse may cause difficulty breathing, fever, nausea, and other severe symptoms. Spider control from a pro is also needed because spider problems very commonly indicate other pest infestations with the likes of cockroaches, ants, flies, and gnats. These pests are not easy to get rid of and they can be even harder to prevent, but with the assistance of a local pest expert on your side, that doesn't have to be the case.
DIY methods of spider control are restrictive and unreliable, but when you partner with Miche Pest Control, we provide homeowners with quarterly services that work to prevent and eradicate spider problems as well as the pests that they’re attracted to. With guaranteed treatments like perimeter sprays, interior applications, de-webbing, and granular treatments, spiders will cease to be a problem. To learn more about spider control, contact us today.
Recent Blog Articles
October 01, 2022
Are the rats in Maryland looking to invade your home? Find out why these pests invade today and what methods do not work to get them out.Read More
September 30, 2022
Do you know how to control carpenter bees in Washington, D.C.? We do! Learn today what it takes to give these dangerous pests the boot.Read More