Top Rated Spider Control Services For Homes & Businesses In Chantilly, VA
Miche Pest Control is a top rated, family owned and operated, full service pest control company that provides spider control services for homes and businesses in Chantilly VA and the surrounding areas. Our expert technicians get rid of spider infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the spiders from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today!
Comprehensive Spider Control For Chantilly, VA
Are you seeing more and more spiders around your Chantilly property? There may be a reason why. Miche Pest Control can help you identify factors that are attracting spiders to your home or business, as well as ways to eliminate existing populations and keep them from coming back. While some spiders are more dangerous than others, an increase in spiders around your home or business can be an indicator of a larger problem.
The experts at Miche Pest Control can help you assess your level of risk and put plans into place to get rid of spiders and the conditions that are attracting them. We provide exceptional spider control to properties in Chantilly as well as surrounding areas in Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, D.C. Call today to request your free quote or to ask about our pest free guarantee!
What You Might Be Doing To Attract Spiders To Your Chantilly Home
Spider problems are very common in Chantilly homes because of the ease at which they can be attracted in general. They are typically looking for three key things, which you may be providing spiders without even knowing it: food, water, and shelter. In the case of food, spiders prey on other pests like cockroaches, gnats, flies, ants, and mosquitoes. That’s why having a spider population is usually indicative of another infestation, and one that you might not be aware of. By not taking out the trash, storing food properly, or cleaning up after spills, you may be causing other pest problems as well. Additionally, allowing cracks and openings in your foundation to go unfilled leaves ample room for pests to gain access to the inside of your home. Having any leaky pipes, faucets, downspouts, gutters, and other fixtures is also very alluring to spiders, providing them with the water source that they require. In a similar respect, having damp and dank basements and attics will also prove to be conducive to spider problems.
Attracting spiders can be a lot easier than homeowners may think, which is why Miche Pest Control provides quarterly spider control services as a part of our general maintenance plans. During this time, we treat your home for spiders and the pests they eat with EPA-approved products. If spider problems persist, just give us a call and we’ll re-service your property until the situation has cleared. For more information on spider control, contact us today.
How To Identify Spiders In Chantilly
Spiders, in general, are known for their spindly legs, bulbous abdomens, and the stalking nature of the way they walk, and in Chantilly, the spiders are no different. Two of the most common and most dangerous spiders in the area are the brown recluse and the black widow. The brown recluse is a light brown color with six eyes and the black widow is a glossy black color with a red hourglass stamp. Both of these spiders are anti-social but will attack if they feel provoked. The daddy long-leg is also known as the cellar spider and is very thin and lanky in appearance. As the name would suggest, these spiders frequent basements and other cool, moist places. The wolf spider is fuzzy and chunky in appearance and is most easily spotted by its exaggerated features that look like no other spider. In order to protect your property from all species of spiders, contact Miche Pest Control today for spider control that you can trust.
Spider Prevention Methods For Business Owners In Chantilly
A spider infestation for your Chantilly business may mean that there’s already an active infestation of another kind on your premises. In order to prevent spider issues and pests of other kinds, try these methods:
- A good first line of defense from spiders is a secure foundation for your place of business. This may require you to fill cracks with caulk, ensure that there are no gaps around doors and windows, and maintain good working windows.
- Fix leaky pipes, gutters, faucets, and other fixtures in order to remove a key water source. It’s also important to make sure that storage areas and other rarely visited areas are well ventilated.
- Maintaining a clean working environment is imperative in the process of avoiding spider and pest problems. This means cleaning surfaces and floors routinely, taking out the trash often, and practicing proper food storage.
- The most reliable form of protection from spiders and the pests they prey on is professional assistance from your local pest expert. Contact your local exterminator for safe and reliable methods of spider control.
For more information on commercial spider control, contact Miche Pest Control today.
Chantilly's Guide To Effective Spider Control
Keeping your Chantilly home free from spiders is a tall task, but with a few key modifications, it’s possible. In order to make your home unattractive to spiders and the pests they eat, try these tips:
- Seal up cracks and crevices. It’s always important to start by tending to the openings around your home that make it vulnerable. Fill the gaps around windows and doors with weather stripping, replace worn window screens, and apply caulk to cracks in your foundation.
- Tend to your yard. Seemingly harmless things like leaf piles, firewood piles, and tree branches are enough to make your property ideal for spiders. Aim for a yard that is free from these things.
- Store food properly. In order to avoid an infestation of cockroaches, ants, and flies, always store food in airtight containers.
- Keep things neat and tidy. Another thing that pests of prey love is a mess, so aim to take the trash out often, clean up after spills, disinfect surfaces routinely, and remove all clutter.
- Address issues with moisture. Spiders, along with the pests they prey on, require a steady supply of water. If there are dripping or leaking faucets, showerheads, pipes, or downspouts, rectify them completely. It’s also important to keep your basement and attic well ventilated with the use of dehumidifiers.
- Contact the pros. The safest and most effective way to keep spiders and other pests out of your home throughout the year is with professional pest control. These methods will work to understand the root cause of your infestations and treat them accordingly.
For spider control that you can rely on, contact Miche Pest Control today.
Recent Blog Articles
October 01, 2022
Are the rats in Maryland looking to invade your home? Find out why these pests invade today and what methods do not work to get them out.Read More
September 30, 2022
Do you know how to control carpenter bees in Washington, D.C.? We do! Learn today what it takes to give these dangerous pests the boot.Read More