Ant Control Services In Burke VA
Miche Pest Control is a family owned and operated, full service pest control company that provides ant control services for homes and businesses in Burke VA and the surrounding areas. Our expert ant exterminators get rid of ant infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the ants from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today or book online!
Ant Exterminator Serving Burke VA
If you're dealing with an ant infestation in Burke VA, it's important to find a reliable and effective ant exterminator. At Miche Pest Control, we understand how frustrating and overwhelming it can be to deal with ants in your home or business. That's why we offer professional and customized ant extermination services to effectively eliminate your ant problem. Our team of experienced exterminators will quickly identify the source of the infestation and use state-of-the-art techniques to eliminate it. We use safe, eco-friendly methods to ensure the safety of your family and pets. Don't let ants disrupt your daily life, contact Miche Pest Control today and schedule your ant extermination appointment. We guarantee to get the job done right the first time!
Comprehensive Ant Control For Burke, VA
With ample parks, water views, and proximity to our nation’s capital, Burke is a great place to settle down and raise a family – unfortunately, local ants couldn’t agree more. It can be a challenge to keep all of the nuisance ants off of your property, let alone those that are a hazard to our health or homes. Luckily, Miche Pest Control is here to help with high quality, year-round ant control in Burke and the surrounding communities.
Ants in Burke are after the same three things as most pests: food, water, and shelter, and they can be tenacious about getting these resources from your home or business. At Miche Pest Control we specialize in a comprehensive approach to ant control. We will work with you to identify the type of ant invading your space, eliminate existing populations, assist you in minimizing entry points, and prevent future infestations. Call today to get your free quote, and make sure to ask about our pest free guarantee.
How Dangerous Is It To Have Ants In My Burke Home?
While most ants that you will see in your Burke home are simply a nuisance, there are some more dangerous species that may also find their way to your property. Typically found outside, the red imported fire ant is a tiny, orangey-red colored ant that builds mounds around your backyard. If this mound is disturbed, these ants will bite en masse and can instigate severe allergic reactions. The carpenter ant can also be very dangerous; however, the risks that they pose are more directly related to the well-being of your home itself. Carpenter ants cause damage that is similar to that of termites; they burrow through the wood on your property causing it to be hollow and unstable. And the odorous house ant, which is the species that you’re most likely to spot in your kitchen, is linked with the ability to contaminate your food with E. coli while also triggering asthma and allergic reactions.
At Miche Pest Control, we provide quarterly ant control that is geared at keeping ants out of your property no matter the time of year. During these visits, we create a barrier around your home with EPA-approved products and apply granular treatments that are particularly targeted at ants. To learn more about ant control, contact us today.
Ant Prevention Tips For Business Owners In Burke
Ants can become a problem for your Burke business seemingly overnight. In order to keep these issues under control, try these tips:
- Tend to the area around your business. Keep your business's exterior in good working conditions by clearing leaf piles, trimming back landscaping, and removing yard debris like fallen tree limbs.
- Maintain a good foundation. Due to their small stature, ants can sneak through the smallest openings in your foundation, so if you see cracks, fill them with caulk. It’s also key to replace worn window screens, apply weather stripping to the gaps around doors and windows, and use any door sweeps for further protection.
- Rectify moisture problems. Whether it’s a leaky downspout or gutter outside your business or a troublesome faucet or pipe on the inside, keeping moisture issues at a minimum is key.
- Consider proper food storage. Food is a common factor in why ants get attracted to businesses, so whether you run a restaurant, a coffee shop, or an office space, keeping food stored in airtight containers is imperative.
- Keep things clean. When spills and crumbs happen, clean them up thoroughly, always make sure that the trash is in a bin with a lid and that it gets removed regularly, and that surfaces are disinfected routinely.
- Contact the pros. Keeping ants out of your business is completely necessary but can prove to be difficult. For the most reliable form of ant control, turn to your local pest expert.
For ant control that works from season to season, contact Miche Pest Control today.
What Burke Property Owners Should Know About Ants
Ants are the most common nuisance pest for Burke property owners. Their abundance can be unsettling and at times, dangerous. Species like Pharaoh ants, carpenter ants, red imported fire ants, pavement ants, and odorous ants all come with their own series of issues. In the case of pavement and red imported fire ants, they will sting humans when their mounds are disturbed. Due to the massive number of ants that are hosted in these colonies, the impact of stings can lead to severe allergic reactions. Carpenter ants, on the other hand, can cause termite-like destruction to properties, as they burrow inside the wood on your property, leaving it unstable.
Because of their small size, ants can find their way inside your property quite easily and because of everything that your home or place of business can offer them, ants have very little reason to leave at all. If there is so much as a small amount of food residue or a leaky pipe, ants will stay put with the hope of more access to sustenance. At Miche Pest Control, we know how difficult preventing ants can be, which is why we provide the safest and most effective ant control around. To learn more about keeping ants out of your property, contact us today.
How To Get Rid Of Ants Around Your Burke Property
Ants can enter your Burke property with the greatest of ease. In order to get rid of them, you need to make conditions as unappealing to them as possible. In addition to sealing up your foundation, consider the following tips:
- Fix leaks. Anything from a dripping downspout and gutter to a toilet and faucet can be attractive to ants. Fixing these issues will take away their water source and make your property inhospitable.
- Store food. Your food and your pet’s food are highly attractive to ants. That’s why it’s so important to use locking containers and dispose of fruits and vegetables that are overly ripe.
- Keep it clean. Ants are scavengers so they will look for food anywhere, whether that’s found in your trash or spilled soap in the bathtub. Always clean up spills and crumbs thoroughly, use a trash bin with a lid, take out the garbage often, and disinfect the floors and surfaces in your property routinely.
- Call the pros. Getting rid of ants can be tough because they’re attracted to so much. The most reliable way to handle an ant issue is with help from your local pro.
For the best ant control around, contact Miche Pest Control today.
Burke is an unincorporated section of Fairfax County, Virginia, United States traditionally defined as the area served by the Burke post office (Zip Code 22015). Burke includes two census-designated places: the Burke CDP, population 41,055 in 2020 and the Burke Centre CDP, population 17,326 in 2020.
Burke is located south of the center of Fairfax County at 38°46′53″N 77°16′15″W (38.781480, −77.270750). The Burke CDP is bordered by the CDPs of Burke Centre to the west, Kings Park West to the northwest, Long Branch and Wakefield to the north, Kings Park to the northeast, West Springfield to the east, Newington Forest to the south, and South Run to the southwest. Burke Lake Park, which borders the Burke CDP to the southwest and is not part of any CDP, is a large recreational park operated by the Fairfax County Park Authority, featuring a golf course and woodland surrounding Burke Lake.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the Burke CDP has a total area of 8.7 square miles, of which 8.6 square miles is land and 0.1 square miles, or 1.22%, is water. Most of the water making up Burke consists of artificial ponds and lakes.
Burke is served by two Virginia Railway Express stations, Burke Centre and Rolling Road, both on the Manassas line. It is also served by the Metrobus (Washington, D.C.) system, via the 17A, B, G, H, K, and L and the 18G, H, J, P, R, and S routes, with rush-hour-only service to the Pentagon and Springfield Metro stations.
Burke Centre is a 1,700-acre planned community that was formerly part of the Burke CDP but is now a separate census-designated area. It is located west of Burke and is divided into five subcommunities: The Commons, The Landings, The Oaks, The Ponds and The Woods. Other notable communities in the Burke area include Rolling Valley West, Burke Village I & II, Lakepointe, Longwood Knolls, Burke Lake Meadows, Edgewater, Lake Braddock, Signal Hill, Crownleigh, and Cherry Run along with Burke Station Square.
Recent Blog Articles
Ever wonder what different types of sounds crickets make, and why crickets make the noises they do? Learn the answer to these questions and moreRead More
February 03, 2023
Nervous that carpenter bees can cause damage to your property? Learn how the pros at Miche Pest Control can eradicate these insects quickly.Read More