Ant Control Services In Westminster MD
Miche Pest Control is a family-owned and operated, full-service pest control company that provides residential and commercial ant control services for homes and businesses in Westminster MD and the surrounding areas. Our expert ant exterminators quickly eliminate ant infestations and work preventatively after their elimination to keep the ants from returning. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9-star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today or book online!
Ant Exterminator In Westminster MD
If you're dealing with an ant infestation in Westminster MD, it's important to find a reliable and effective ant exterminator. At Miche Pest Control, we understand how frustrating and overwhelming it can be to deal with ants in your home or business. That's why we offer professional and customized ant extermination services to effectively eliminate your ant problem. Our team of experienced exterminators will quickly identify the source of the infestation and use state-of-the-art techniques to eliminate it. We use safe, eco-friendly methods to ensure the safety of your family and pets. Don't let ants disrupt your daily life, contact Miche Pest Control today and schedule your ant extermination appointment. We guarantee to get the job done right the first time!
Reliable & Professional Ant Control Services
Ants are social insects that live in colonies of thousands of individuals, each with its essential role. When they infest a home or become a problem on a residential property, they are challenging to eliminate. But, you can work with the area experts at Miche Pest Control. We provide the most reliable and customer-oriented ant control in Westminster, MD.
Four Common Ants Found In Westminster Homes
While there are many types of ants in our area, a few are a little more common to find inside homes:
- Little black ants are only about 1.5 to 2 mm long and are shiny black or dark brown.
- Odorous house ants are about 2.4 to 3.3 mm long with brown or black coloring.
- Pavement ants are 2.5 to 3 mm long and range from light to dark brown or blackish.
- Carpenter ants grow between 6 to 13 mm long and are a dull black color with pale yellow hairs.
Although odorous house ants emit a foul odor when crushed, they are more of a nuisance like little black ants and pavements ants. In comparison, carpenter ants are a wood-destroying species and can cause significant and costly damage to a home.
You may also have to deal with fire ants and Argentine ants, which are often less of an issue indoors than outdoors. Both of these species are invasive, which means they aren't native to the area and cause displacement of native species and other concerns in the ecosystem. Fire ants are known for their aggressiveness, stinging, and biting if their colony is disturbed, while Argentine ants are known for how large their colonies can grow compared to other species.
Although ants have different appearances, it's not always easy to distinguish between the species, so the best thing to do to identify what kind of ants you are dealing with is by working with pest experts. Our team at Miche Pest Control can answer all your ant-related questions!
Ant Control Methods & Products In Westminster
With a quick internet search, you'll find thousands of results for products and methods that claim to eliminate ant infestations instantly. While some of these methods may show some results, DIY pest control often leaves people facing re-infestation.
When it comes to ant control that works, there are several methods and products professionals use to get the job done, including treating cracks and crevices to eliminate hiding spots inside walls, granular baits, and non-repellant sprays. Experts place granular baits in areas of ant activity, and ants pick up the bait and bring it back to their colony.
The most effective way to ensure your ant problem goes away is by removing the factors that are attracting them in the first place. You can learn how to do this from our experts at Miche Pest Control by reading the section below!
Ant Prevention Tips Westminster Residents Should Know
Professional services are the best way to get rid of an ant problem on your property, but you can also utilize these at-home prevention tips to keep ants from infesting:
- Remove food sources: Keep your home clean of food debris, rinse food and drink containers before throwing them away, use garbage cans with tight-fitting lids, and store food in airtight containers.
- Eliminate moisture: Repair any leaks, remove organic debris from your yard, and use dehumidifiers in your home.
- Seal entry points: Inspect the exterior of your home for cracks in the foundation, gaps around windows and doors, and other openings where ants can get inside. Also, remove any tree branches that touch the exterior walls.
- Reduce harborage: Keep your yard maintained by trimming shrubs and bushes, mowing the lawn, and removing the leaf litter and dead trees.
Want more advice on how to prevent ants in your Westminster home? Ask our experts at Miche Pest Control!
Expert Advice On Ant Control For Your Westminster Home
When you work with Miche Pest Control to get rid of ants from your home, we also work to ensure they don't return. We achieve this through a comprehensive quarterly pest control service and a combination of treatment methods and products.
Specifically, we use non-repellent sprays on the home's interior and exterior, granular ant bait, and treatments to target cracks and crevices. Our services also include carpenter ant coverage at no additional cost, so our work will protect your home from the area's most common species.
For the ant control solutions that will eliminate active concerns and prevent new ones, contact us at Miche Pest Control today!
Westminster is a city in the state of Maryland. A suburb of Baltimore, located in the northern part of the state, Westminster is the county seat of Carroll County. With a population of around 18,000 people, Westminster is an outlying community within the Baltimore-Towson, MD MSA, which is part of a greater Washington-Baltimore-Northern Virginia, DC-MD-VA-WV CSA. Westminster is approximately 36.5 miles driving distance northwest of Baltimore and 37.5 miles driving distance southwest of York, Pennsylvania.
The main method of travel to and from Westminster is by road and four primary highways serve the city. The most prominent of these is Maryland Route 140, which follows an east-southeast to west-northwest alignment across the area. To the southeast, MD 140 connects to Baltimore, while northwestward, it passes through Taneytown on its way to Emmitsburg. Maryland Route 97 is the next most important highway serving the city, providing the most direct route southward towards Washington DC. Two other primary highways, Maryland Route 27 and Maryland Route 31 provide connections to other towns in the area.
Westminster is known for its historic downtown area, which features a variety of shops, restaurants, and buildings from the 18th and 19th centuries. The city also has a number of parks and recreational areas, including the Westminster National Golf Course and the Hashawha Environmental Center. Additionally, Westminster is home to McDaniel College, a liberal arts college with a strong focus on undergraduate education.
Some of the closest cities and towns to Westminster include:
- Hanover, Pennsylvania: This city is located about 15 miles to the northwest of Westminster and is home to several large businesses, including Hanover Foods and Utz Quality Foods.
- Gettysburg, Pennsylvania: This historic city is located about 20 miles to the northwest of Westminster and is best known as the site of the famous Civil War battle.
- Frederick, Maryland: This city is located about 25 miles to the southeast of Westminster and is the largest city in Frederick County. It is home to a number of historical sites and is also a center for the arts and culture.
- Taneytown, Maryland: This town is located about 10 miles to the west of Westminster and is known for its well-preserved 18th- and 19th-century architecture.
- Littlestown, Pennsylvania: This city is located about 15 miles to the west of Westminster and is known for its historic downtown area and the nearby Piney Run Park.
- Hampstead, Maryland: This town is located about 5 miles to the south of Westminster and is known for its small-town atmosphere and quiet, residential neighborhoods.
- Manchester, Maryland: This town is located about 15 miles to the east of Westminster and is known for its small-town atmosphere and quiet, residential neighborhoods.
- Mount Airy, Maryland: This town is located about 20 miles to the southeast of Westminster and is known for its small-town atmosphere, historic downtown area and the nearby beautiful Wineries.
I switched from another pest control company due to high pressure sales/bad billing practices, and switched to Miche. They have been excellent. Excellent customer service, very effective pest treatments, competitive pricing. I highly recommend.