Most Common Cockroaches In Vienna, VA
Cockroaches are a very commonly found pest in the Vienna area; however, it’s important to know what species your property is infested with. Some of the most prevalent species are:
- German cockroach. Small and metallic brown in coloring, the German cockroach is the most populous and is likely to be found wherever people are.
- Brown-banded cockroach. Most easily identified by the brown bands on their heads, this species enters properties looking for warmth. Additionally, they are known to get a free ride inside via infested pantry items and boxes.
- American cockroach. This winged species is a dark reddish-brown color and lives primarily in bathrooms, kitchens, and basements. They seek water sources primarily and are linked to the spread of cholera and viral diseases across the globe.
For the most trusted cockroach control, contact Miche Pest Control today.
Three Problems Cockroaches Cause In Vienna, VA
When cockroaches enter your Vienna property, they bring with them a host of issues. Three key problems that they cause are:
- Illnesses and allergies. Cockroaches are capable of depositing bacteria in your food that leads to the spread of E. coli, salmonellosis, streptococcus, staphylococcus, typhoid fever, dysentery, and diarrhea. Through their saliva, fecal matter, and shed body parts, they are also known to irritate both allergies and asthma in certain individuals.
- Other pests. While it might seem bad enough to have a cockroach infestation, their presence can also lead to other pest problems. Pests of prey like spiders, certain beetles, and centipedes all are known to hunt and eat cockroaches as part of their preferred diet.
- Property damage. While it’s not the biggest issue that cockroaches cause, they are known to chew to burrow inside insulation and furniture. They’re also capable of lodging inside electronics, which causes them to burn out.
To best protect your property and everyone in it from the problems that cockroaches cause, turn to Miche Pest Control for the most reliable cockroach control around. With a multi-step process, we look to get rid of adult cockroaches and prevent new populations from developing. To learn more about our guaranteed cockroach control, contact us today.
Vienna, VA, Homeowner's Guide To Cockroach Prevention
Vienna homeowners want to do everything in their power to prevent a cockroach problem from developing because once they arise, they can be very dangerous and difficult to eradicate. To keep cockroaches at bay, try these tips:
- Inspect all boxes and packaging before bringing anything inside your home.
- Seal up all cracks in your foundation with caulk and fill the gaps around doors and windows with weather stripping.
- Limit the number of places where you eat.
- Store your trash securely and remove it from the inside of your home regularly.
- Don’t allow dirty dishes to pile up in the sink.
- Keep your home free from stacks of old magazines and newspapers and remove empty packing materials and boxes.
- Disinfect the surfaces around your home and vacuum regularly.
- If you notice leaky faucets, pipes, showerheads, and bathtubs, remedy them.
At Miche Pest Control, we know that the best way to prevent cockroaches from becoming an issue in your home is with professional cockroach control. Our methods consist of detailed inspections, gel bait, residual liquid treatments, wall void treatments, and setting sticky traps. With this combination of tools, not only are we getting rid of adult cockroaches, but we’re also breaking the lifecycle to prevent future issues. And with our re-service guarantee, you never need to worry about cockroaches and the dangers they pose again. For more information on how our services can benefit your home, contact us today.
Do I Need Professional Cockroach Control In Vienna, VA?
Cockroaches are one of the most persistent pests that Vienna property owners might encounter. They gain access to properties either by shared walls, infested packaging, the sewer system, and other means of transportation. Once they’ve entered your home or place of business, cockroaches proceed to scavenge through your food, leaving behind traces of bacteria such as salmonella, E. coli, streptococcus, and staphylococcus. The body parts that they shed as a part of the molting process, fecal matter, and saliva combined are responsible for these pathogens. They are also the cause of allergy irritation and asthma attacks. Some people even report an increase in stress and anxiety that’s due to the negative association with having this type of infestation. Not only are cockroaches dangerous to your health but they’re also very difficult to get rid of once they become a problem. The most common species of cockroach, the German cockroach, is developing a cross-resistance to many commonly found pesticides. Additionally, due to their rapid pace of reproduction and the rate at which they reach maturation, there is very rarely just one cockroach in your property when you spot one.
At Miche Pest Control, we provide Vienna property owners with the most effective cockroach control that consists of methods like filling voids, liquid treatments, and baits. For more information on how you can benefit from these services, contact us today.
Vienna is a town in Fairfax County, Virginia. Significantly more people live in ZIP codes with the Vienna postal addresses (22180, 22181, and 22182), bordered approximately by Interstate 66 on the south, Interstate 495 on the east, Route 7 to the north, and Hunter Mill Road to the west, than in the town itself. Vienna is located in the Piedmont approximately 5.5 miles southwest of the Potomac River. Wolftrap Creek, a tributary of nearby Difficult Run, flows north from its source in the eastern part of town. The Bear Branch of Accotink Creek, a Potomac tributary, flows south from its source in the southern part of town. Located in Northern Virginia on Interstate 66, Vienna is 12 miles west of Washington DC and 2 miles northeast of Fairfax, the county seat.
As a suburb of Washington DC, Vienna is a part of both the Washington Metropolitan Area and the larger Baltimore-Washington Metropolitan Area. It is bordered on all sides by other Washington suburbs, including: Wolf Trap to the north, Tysons Corner to the northeast, Dunn Loring to the east, Merrifield to the south, and Oakton to the west. These communities are unincorporated, and portions of them lie in ZIP codes with Vienna postal addresses despite lying outside the town's borders.
Interstate 66 is the main highway serving Vienna. Access is provided via Exit 62 and Virginia State Route 243. In addition, Virginia State Route 123 runs through downtown Vienna. The W&OD Trail crosses through downtown Vienna. Several parks are located near the town, including Meadowlark Botanical Gardens and Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts. The town green and Jammin' Java coffeehouse and music club serve as areas for theatre and musical performances.
Fairfax VA (4 miles), Falls Church VA (5 miles), Herndon VA (8 miles), Arlington VA (9 miles), Springfield VA (9 miles), Bethesda MD (11 miles), Washington DC (12 miles), Alexandria VA (14 miles), Rockville MD (14 miles), Silver Spring MD (14 miles), Ashburn VA (15 miles), Manassas VA (15 miles), Gaithersburg MD (17 miles), Woodbridge VA (17 miles), Hyattsville MD (18 miles), Leesburg VA (22 miles), Laurel MD (26 miles), Bowie MD (27 miles), Upper Marlboro MD (28 miles), Columbia MD (30 miles), Ellicott City MD (36 miles), Frederick MD (36 miles), Annapolis MD (42 miles), Fredericksburg VA (43 miles), Baltimore MD (44 miles)
Recent Blog Articles
April 15, 2022
The gigantic and flashy-looking Joro spider is the last thing you want to see around your home or business. However, they may not be as dangerous as they l...Read More
February 21, 2022
Green Pest Services, a sister company of Pointe Pest Control in Illinois, sells to PestCo Holdings, a Thompson Street Capital Partners company.Read More