Ant Control Services In Vienna VA
Miche Pest Control is a family owned and operated pest control company that provides residential & commercial ant control services in Vienna VA and the surrounding areas. Our expert ant exterminators get rid of ant infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the ants from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today or book online!
Comprehensive Ant Control For Vienna, VA
With all the outdoor attractions in Vienna, it's no surprise that ants are common visitors to area homes. Truthfully an ant here or there is nothing to worry about, but if you are seeing clusters of ants or trails of them entering your home, it may be time to think about professional solutions.
The experts at Miche Pest Control offer comprehensive services for ants and other common pests in Vienna and the surrounding areas. We will work with you to develop a plan to eliminate ants from your home and put measures in place to keep them from coming back. If you're ready to say goodbye to ants in Vienna, call Miche Pest Control to request your free quote or schedule your first appointment.
Most Common Ants In Vienna, VA
As Vienna’s most frequently encountered nuisance pest, ants are everywhere. But there are actually several species that are living in the local area. Some of those species are:
- Carpenter ant. Known for their ability to completely deteriorate the wood around your property, the carpenter ant burrows in your wood, resulting in damage similar to termites. They are dark black, bulbous, and have a prominent outward-facing antenna.
- Odorous house ant. Small, black, and nearly impossible to see with the naked eye, this is the ant that homeowners typically spot loitering around their garbage bins. But if they attack your food, the odorous house ant can spread E. coli and salmonella.
- Red imported fire ant. Most commonly found outside, these small reddish-orange ants build mounds, and if disturbed, will bite, causing allergic reactions of varying degrees.
- Pavement ant. This dark brown to black-colored ant also has prominent antennae; however, they tend to be more forward-facing and droop downward. And as the name would suggest, they tend to live in the cracks of pavement and build mounds as protection.
For the most trusted form of ant control, contact Miche Pest Control today.
Problems Ants Cause In Vienna, VA
While ants may seem harmless, when they’ve gained access to your Vienna property, the problems can abound. Some of the most common issues that they cause are:
- Food contamination. The odorous house ant is linked to the spread of E. coli, salmonella, streptococcus, and other bacteria that can be deposited into your food.
- Destruction of property. In the case of carpenter ants, serious property damage is on the horizon. They burrow through the wood around your home or place of business until it's hollow and unstable.
- Health risks. If you’re unlucky enough to step on a mound of red imported fire ants, they are known to bite en masse, which may lead to severe allergic reactions.
- Nuisance. While primarily found outside in the cracks amidst pavement, the pavement ant clusters in large numbers, which leads to disturbances for property owners.
- The attraction of other pests. Pests like birds, spiders, flies, caterpillars, and beetles are all known to eat ants, so having an issue with ants can very likely lead to another active infestation.
At Miche Pest Control, we believe in providing ant control that is reliable. That’s why we focus on routine treatments with EPA-approved products for both the interior and exterior of your home. This way you can live an ant-free life and be safe from all of the issues they cause. To learn more about our ant control services, contact us today.
Three Steps You Can Take To Avoid Ants In Vienna, VA
Ants may seem like an inevitable problem for your Vienna property, but they don’t have to be. Follow these three simple steps to keep ants away:
- Secure your foundation. Always start by filling the cracks in your foundation with materials like caulk. Then, apply weather stripping around your windows and doors, repair worn window screens, and place door sweeps where needed.
- Rectify issues with moisture. One factor that will attract ants and keep them around is leaks. Tend to any downspouts, gutters, pipes, faucets, bathtubs, or other fixtures that are in need of repair.
- Consider your food. When it comes to ants, one of the things that they desire the most is your food or even your pet’s food. In order to keep them at bay, always keep food in secure containers and dispose of anything that’s expired. And because ants aren’t fussy, it’s important to take the trash out frequently and clean up after any crumbs and spills.
The most secure way to ensure that ants don’t become a problem on your property is with professional ant control from Miche Pest Control. We provide ongoing support to homeowners that is focused on quick relief and lasting results. For more information on how your home can benefit from ant control, contact us today.
Why You Ought To Consider Professional Ant Control In Vienna, VA
Ants are the most common nuisance pest for property owners in Vienna. They are capable of sneaking through the smallest openings you could imagine and it takes very little to attract them in the first place. These pests commonly enter homes and places of business, like restaurants or anywhere that employees are allowed to snack, and look for sweet treats like empty juice bottles, crumbs, or baby food. But don’t be fooled, ants aren’t that smart. They are very likely to mistake a spill of shampoo or even bath soap for a food source, so they can truly become an issue for anyone at any time. These factors and their plentiful nature are also the reasons why ants tend to stick around and become so difficult to get rid of. And while being a master of cleanliness can be a full-time job for individuals looking to prevent ant problems, it’s not a foolproof method in the slightest.
When you work with Miche Pest Control for professional ant control, we look to create the ultimate barrier around your property so that you don’t have to worry about ants and the notion of an infestation all of the time. With quarterly services that treat both the interior and exterior of your property, ants can be a thing of the past. To learn more about how your property can benefit from ant control, contact us today.
Recent Blog Articles
October 01, 2022
Are the rats in Maryland looking to invade your home? Find out why these pests invade today and what methods do not work to get them out.Read More
September 30, 2022
Do you know how to control carpenter bees in Washington, D.C.? We do! Learn today what it takes to give these dangerous pests the boot.Read More