Wasp Control Services In Silver Spring MD
Miche Pest Control is a family owned and operated pest control company that provides residential and commercial wasp control services in Silver Spring MD and the surrounding areas. Our expert wasp exterminators get rid of wasp infestations fast, and work proactively to prevent wasps from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - give us a call today or book online!
Wasp Exterminator Serving Silver Spring MD
Miche Pest Control uses an integrated approach that employs a variety of effective and efficient methods to control wasps found in Silver Spring MD and the surrounding areas. Our integrated program includes using:
- Inspection – determining what is needed to provide an effective wasp control solution.
- Documentation – explaining the specifics of the overall control plan, as well as the importance, findings and results of not only the initial inspection, but regularly scheduled follow-up services as well.
- Education – explaining the behavior, diet and habitat of wasps and how this information will be helpful to the homeowner.
- Cultural controls – recommending modifications to the area around the home or business to reduce the number of sites that are suitable for wasps to nest.
- Exclusion – reducing potential entry points for wasps to get inside the structure.
- Sanitation – keeping the area clean and efficiently reducing access to the wasp’s sources of food.
- Extermination – using the best methods possible, considering safety and effectiveness.
For more information or to schedule an inspection, please contact your local Miche Pest Control office.
Why Wasps Invade Yards In Silver Spring MD
Most active in the warm months of the spring and summer, wasps come out to find somewhere to nest. Wasp nests are intricately built. In fact, they are water resistant and quite resilient in bad weather. Here are some of the major reasons why wasps invade Silver Spring yards:
- Sweet food sources such as juices, fruits, and compost draw them.
- Sweet smells and odors like perfumes, soaps, and colognes also attract wasps.
- Wasps look for suitable places to overwinter and build their nests in remote areas around your yard like sheds, garages, and wall cavities.
- Wasps nest in the eaves of your structure, along fencing, in the open ends of a pipe, in swing sets, or under tree branches
When it comes to preventing wasps around your yard, it’s important to eliminate wasp attractants, entry points, and conducive conditions throughout your property. We recommend reaching out to your local pest professionals at Miche Pest Control for year-round protection from wasps.
Wasp Control 101: What Every Silver Spring Homeowner Needs To Know
Of all the stinging insects common to the Silver Spring area, wasps are arguably the worst of them all. These aggressive insects are not only a nuisance, but they can pose a serious threat to your family's safety. Painful stings can quickly become life-threatening issues, resulting in hospitalizations and expensive procedures.
Fortunately, there are some safe and simple methods of preventing these pests from becoming a problem in your yard:
- Remove spills or crumbs as soon as possible, especially after an outdoor barbecue or picnic.
- Trim back trees and bushes so that there are no low-hanging branches for wasps to build their nests.
- Keep your garbage cans clean and free of food waste.
- Wasps are attracted to sweet smells, so avoid using perfumes or scented lotions when outdoors.
- If you do see a wasp nest, do not try to remove it yourself. This is best left to a professional pest control company.
If you're dealing with a wasp problem of any size, finding helping with regular pest control will be essential to getting relief. Put yourself in the best hands possible by partnering with the pros at Miche Pest Control. Help is on the way!
Everything That Attracts Wasps To Silver Spring Yards
What do wasps want? In a word: food. More specifically, they're after sweet smells that signal the presence of sugary foods or drinks. This is why you'll often see wasps hovering around fruit trees or near garbage cans.
While it's impossible to completely eliminate all attractant factors from your yard, there are some simple steps you can take to minimize wasp problems near your Silver Spring property:
- Keep your fruit trees pruned and tidy. Regularly pick up any fallen fruit so that it doesn't have a chance to rot and attract wasps.
- Remove sugary drinks or spills as quickly as possible. When hosting outdoor gatherings, use cups with lids to avoid attracting wasps.
- Keep your garbage cans clean and free of food waste.
- Wasps are also attracted to standing water, so make sure to empty any birdbaths or kiddie pools on a regular basis.
By following these simple tips, you can make your yard much less inviting to wasps and other stinging insects. But sometimes even the best prevention can fail to make a difference. Get rid of wasp problems of any size with help from the Silver Spring pest control professionals at Miche Pest Control. We have what it takes to eliminate any and all wasp species, making your Silver Spring home much safer in the process.
Complete our online contact form to get connected with a seasoned wasp professional.
Are Wasps In Silver Spring Dangerous?
All stinging insects in the Silver Spring area are dangerous, but wasps are perhaps the most dangerous of all. These pests are highly aggressive, and their stings can pose serious health risks to humans. Wasps are particularly dangerous to those who are allergic to their venom. A single sting can trigger a potentially life-threatening reaction known as anaphylaxis. Symptoms of anaphylaxis include swelling of the throat, difficulty breathing, and dizziness. Additionally, wasps have the ability to sting multiple times. This means that even if you're not allergic to their venom, a wasp sting can still be incredibly painful and cause serious swelling.
The best way to avoid being stung by a wasp is to avoid these pests altogether. But since this isn't always possible on your own, it's best to partner with a stinging insect control management like Miche Pest Control. Our experienced professionals have the skills and knowledge necessary to get rid of wasps quickly and efficiently.
Call now to discuss a stinging insect control quote and keep stinging insects away from your Silver Spring home.
Can Pest Control Get Rid Of Wasps? (Silver Spring Exterminators)
Unlike dangerous DIY methods, professional pest control can be an effective way to get rid of wasps. This is because pest control companies have access to a variety of powerful pesticides and other treatments that are not available to consumers, among many other reasons.
Some of these reasons include:
- Professional treatments. Pest control companies have access to a variety of powerful treatments that are not available to consumers. This means that they're able to eliminate wasps in record time.
- Expertise. Pest control companies have the experience necessary to safely and effectively apply these treatments. This is important because wasps can be aggressive, and their stings can be dangerous.
- The right tools and equipment. Pest control companies have the right tools and equipment to safely and effectively eliminate wasps. This includes personal protective gear that wards against injury.
If you're looking for an effective and safe way to get rid of wasps, call Miche Pest Control. We have the experience and expertise necessary to quickly and efficiently eliminate wasp infestations from your Silver Spring property with our effective residential and commercial pest control services.
Stop wasp infestations in their tracks with help from the expert technicians at Miche Pest Control. Complete our online form to schedule a free consultation with a wasp control expert.
Wasp Exterminator Company Serving Silver Spring MD
Considering the dangers of wasp infestation, it should be no surprise that securing the proper protection is crucial. The safest thing to do is to get professional wasp control services. Miche Pest Control is proud to be the premier wasp exterminator company serving Silver Spring MD.
Call us today for dependable wasp nest removal and prevention services. We cater our customized solutions to meet your specific requirements. Our team has your back, from spotting and treating to removing nests quickly and safely. Our quarterly service plans include wasp control solutions, as well as services for other pests as well. Get in touch with us today to discuss your wasp control and prevention needs.
Silver Spring MD
Silver Spring is a census-designated place (CDP) in southeastern Montgomery County, Maryland, near Washington DC. Although officially unincorporated, in practice it is an edge city. Silver Spring is the fourth most populous place in Maryland, after Baltimore, Columbia, and Germantown, and the second most populous in Montgomery County after Germantown.
The downtown, located next to the northern tip of Washington DC, is the oldest and most urbanized part of the community. Since beginning a significant renaissance in 2004, many new mixed-use developments combining retail, residential, and office space have been built. Downtown is in turn surrounded by several inner suburban residential neighborhoods located inside the Capital Beltway.
Silver Spring takes its name from a mica-flecked spring discovered there in 1840 by Francis Preston Blair, who subsequently bought much of the surrounding land. Acorn Park, south of downtown, is believed to be the site of the original spring.
From west to east, Silver Spring is bisected by four major creeks: Rock Creek, Sligo Creek, Long Branch, and Northwest Branch. Each is surrounded by parks offering hiking trails, playgrounds, picnic areas, and tennis courts. On weekends, road closures in the parks facilitate bicycling.
Bethesda MD (4 miles), Hyattsville MD (5 miles), Washington DC (6 miles), Arlington VA (8 miles), Rockville MD (9 miles), Falls Church VA (11 miles), Laurel MD (12 miles), Alexandria VA (13 miles), Bowie MD (13 miles), Gaithersburg MD (14 miles), Springfield VA (16 miles), Columbia MD (17 miles), Fairfax VA (18 miles), Herndon VA (19 miles), Upper Marlboro MD (19 miles), Ellicott City MD (23 miles), Ashburn VA (25 miles), Woodbridge VA (26 miles), Annapolis MD (29 miles), Manassas VA (29 miles), Baltimore MD (30 miles), Leesburg VA (30 miles), Frederick MD (36 miles), Fredericksburg VA (53 miles)
Recent Blog Articles
Water Bugs vs Roaches
March 24, 2023
Learn the differences between water bugs and oriental cockroaches in this blog post, as well as what attracts them and how to get rid of them.Read More
Call The Pros At The First Sign Of Rats On Your Property
March 23, 2023
If rats make their way into your home, are you prepared? Our new post explains why these pests are so dangerous and how you can better rat-proof your home.Read More