Stink Bug Control Services In Silver Spring MD
Miche Pest Control is a family owned and operated pest control company that provides residential and commercial stink bug control services for in Silver Spring MD and the surrounding areas. Our expert stink bug exterminators get rid of stink bug infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the stink bugs from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today or book online!
Do Stink Bugs In Silver Spring Really Stink?
If you've lived in Silver Spring for any amount of time, you're all too familiar with the brown marmorated stink bug. These pesky insects make their way into homes and businesses during the fall, looking for a warm place to spend the winter months. And once they've found a way in, they're extremely hard to get rid of.
The worst part about entertaining a stink bug infestation is dealing with the foul-smelling aftereffects. Both male and female stink bugs have scent glands that release an unpleasant odor when crushed or disturbed. This smell is a defense mechanism to ward off predators, and it works extremely well against humans!
As you might imagine, the smell of stink bugs can be overwhelming if you have a large number of pests in your home. If you're dealing with a stink bug infestation of any size, call a professional pest control company like Miche Pest Control for help. We have the time and talent to remove unwanted species in droves, routing stink bugs far away from your Silver Spring property. Call now for a quote tailored to your needs.
What Everybody In Silver Spring Ought To Know About Stink Bugs
Contrary to popular belief, stink bugs in Silver Spring are not native pests. These insects have only recently migrated into our part of the world, raising many questions about what they are, what they do, and how they can be controlled. Here's what everyone in Silver Spring should know about stink bugs:
- Stink bugs cause thousands of dollars' worth of damage by destroying crop yields. They primarily feed on fruits and vegetables, but they're not picky eaters. In fact, stink bugs will feast on just about anything they can sink their mouth parts into — including your ornamental plants.
- A single stink bug can lay up to 28 eggs at a time. Once hatched, the nymphs will go through five molts before they reach adulthood. The entire process from egg to adult can take as little as six weeks!
- Stink bugs may stain certain items, surfaces, or even skin with an orange or brown liquid. This may cause contact dermatitis in some individuals, and cause itching or redness for some period of time.
With a little help from Miche Pest Control, you could be well on your way to removing household stink bugs in Silver Spring, guaranteed! Receive a full quote for your stink bug control service by submitting an online contact form.
Why You May Be Seeing Stink Bugs In Your Silver Spring Home
Stink bugs don't just choose their habitats at random. In fact, the places they choose to settle down usually offer several attractant factors that sustain themselves and their progeny. Could you be attracting stink bugs to your Silver Spring home? That depends on these factors:
- Stink bugs are attracted to bright lights, particularly porch lights or patio LEDs.
- You may be unknowingly attracting stink bugs to your home if you have a lot of fruit trees or gardens on your property. These pests love fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Stink bugs are often found near cracks and crevices in walls, floors, ceilings, doors, and windows. If your home has any of these, stink bugs may be able to find their way inside.
If you still see stink bugs traversing around your Silver Spring property, it's time for more aggressive measures. Get rid of stink bugs in Silver Spring fast by partnering with the professionals at Miche Pest Control. Decades of experience in the industry have equipped us to service any and every need — starting with yours! Call now to get rid of stink bugs in Silver Spring as quickly as possible.
A Guide To Stink Bug Control For Silver Spring Property Owners
If you don't yet have stink bugs on your property, it's time to start thinking about proper prevention and control. But where do you even start against the stink bug invasion of your home? At Miche Pest Control, we're happy to guide Silver Spring residents through the process of preventing unwanted stink bug activity.
Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Remove any and all attractants from your property. This includes anything that might be attracting stink bugs to your home in the first place, like fresh fruits and vegetables, bright lights, or cracks and crevices.
- Seal off all potential entrances to your home. Once you've removed attractants, you need to make sure stink bugs can't get back in. This means filling in cracks and crevices, sealing doors and windows, and making sure your screens are in good repair.
- Call a professional pest control company. The best way to get rid of stink bugs is to call a company that specializes in stink bug removal (like Miche Pest Control).
Shut down the stink bug invasion for good with Miche Pest Control's powerful remediation techniques. We would be happy to help!
Time To Protect Your Silver Spring Home Against Stink Bugs
Regardless of the season, it's always a good time to protect your Silver Spring home against stink bug invasions. Just a few stink bug prevention steps can equip you to take on these pests long before they become a problem, and control their population sizes all year round.
Miche Pest Control suggests starting with the following tips:
- Ensure that all cracks and gaps around the house are properly sealed. This prevents stink bugs from crawling into or through unsuspecting entry points.
- Eliminate sources of standing water in the home that may help stink bugs survive the winter. Fix leaky pipes, care for clogged drains, and otherwise fix drips and puddles.
- Keep vegetation away from the sides of the home. Without an easier access point, stink bugs will be less likely to invade your property.
For more stink bug prevention tips, or to get a full pest treatment for your Silver Spring home, contact Miche Pest Control.
Quality Silver Spring MD Stink Bug Control
Ensure your home, business, and loved ones are given a buffer against stink bugs with Miche Pest Control’s professional stink bug control in Silver Spring MD. Our team has worked for years to develop a powerful approach to getting and keeping these nuisance pests out, making sure your home or business is totally stink bug-free. From direct applications to intelligent mitigation tactics, we are fully equipped to kick stink bugs to the curb.
Learn more by calling the team at Miche Pest Control today. Still have some questions to consider? Feel free to chat with one of our trained representatives.
Silver Spring MD
Silver Spring is a census-designated place (CDP) in southeastern Montgomery County, Maryland, near Washington DC. Although officially unincorporated, in practice it is an edge city. Silver Spring is the fourth most populous place in Maryland, after Baltimore, Columbia, and Germantown, and the second most populous in Montgomery County after Germantown.
The downtown, located next to the northern tip of Washington DC, is the oldest and most urbanized part of the community. Since beginning a significant renaissance in 2004, many new mixed-use developments combining retail, residential, and office space have been built. Downtown is in turn surrounded by several inner suburban residential neighborhoods located inside the Capital Beltway.
Silver Spring takes its name from a mica-flecked spring discovered there in 1840 by Francis Preston Blair, who subsequently bought much of the surrounding land. Acorn Park, south of downtown, is believed to be the site of the original spring.
From west to east, Silver Spring is bisected by four major creeks: Rock Creek, Sligo Creek, Long Branch, and Northwest Branch. Each is surrounded by parks offering hiking trails, playgrounds, picnic areas, and tennis courts. On weekends, road closures in the parks facilitate bicycling.
Bethesda MD (4 miles), Hyattsville MD (5 miles), Washington DC (6 miles), Arlington VA (8 miles), Rockville MD (9 miles), Falls Church VA (11 miles), Laurel MD (12 miles), Alexandria VA (13 miles), Bowie MD (13 miles), Gaithersburg MD (14 miles), Springfield VA (16 miles), Columbia MD (17 miles), Fairfax VA (18 miles), Herndon VA (19 miles), Upper Marlboro MD (19 miles), Ellicott City MD (23 miles), Ashburn VA (25 miles), Woodbridge VA (26 miles), Annapolis MD (29 miles), Manassas VA (29 miles), Baltimore MD (30 miles), Leesburg VA (30 miles), Frederick MD (36 miles), Fredericksburg VA (53 miles)
Recent Blog Articles
November 25, 2022
Learn what spiders can be found in Washington, D.C., which species are the most dangerous, and tips to prevent spider infestations in your home.Read More
November 23, 2022
German cockroaches can be a problem in Washington, D.C. Learn how to identify them, why they are bad pests, and why DIY cockroach extermination is ill-advi...Read More