Mosquito Control Services In Silver Spring MD
Miche Pest Control is a family owned and operated pest control company that provides residential and commercial mosquito control services in Silver Spring MD and the surrounding areas. Our expert mosquito exterminators get rid of mosquito infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the mosquitoes from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today!
Everything You Could Want To Know About Mosquitoes In Silver Spring
Mosquitoes are an extremely common, if unwelcome, sight here in the Silver Spring area. Not only are these tiny insects a common source of fear for home and business owners, but their potential to spread illness and disease is well documented by research professionals.
You're likely to have a few questions about the presence of mosquitoes and their effects on your home and lawn. Let's explore some of the most common of these, starting with the most frequently asked:
Q: What do mosquitos look like?
A: Most species of mosquito are small and dark-colored, with narrow wings and a long proboscis (mouthpart). Some species, like the Asian tiger mosquito, are striped.
Q: What do mosquitoes eat?
A: Female mosquitoes feed on the blood of mammals, birds, and reptiles in order to obtain the protein they need to produce eggs. Male mosquitoes generally only consume plant nectar.
Q: Do all mosquitoes spread disease?
A: Only female mosquitoes bite, and not all of them carry disease. In fact, most species of mosquito are harmless to humans. However, there are some species known for carrying large amounts of pathogens, including ones near Silver Spring.
Have some additional questions about local mosquito activity? Get in touch with Miche Pest Control today to inquire about potential answers.
Is There More Than One Type Of Mosquito In Silver Spring?
Though there are more than 3,000 species of mosquito worldwide, only a small handful are commonly found in the Silver Spring area. Of these, the Asian tiger mosquito, the yellow fever mosquito, and the common house mosquito are perhaps the best known and most feared.
Let's explore these types of mosquitoes in greater detail:
- The Asian tiger mosquito: This species got its name from the black and white stripes that adorn its body, which closely resemble those of a tiger. It is an aggressive biter that will readily attack both humans and animals, and is known to carry a variety of diseases.
- The yellow fever Mosquito: As its name implies, this species can transmit the yellow fever viru, though only if it first bites an infected animal. These mosquitoes are brown or black with white markings, and have distinctive “scales” on their legs.
- The common house mosquito: These mosquitoes are commonly found in and around human dwellings. It is a brown or gray mosquito with white stripes on its legs, and is known to carry both West Nile virus and malaria.
Do you think or know that these types of mosquitoes are near your Silver Spring home? If so, it's critical to get in touch with the professional team as soon as possible. Contact Miche Pest Control today to discuss mosquito protection options for your home and lawn.
How To Limit Your Mosquito Exposure Risk In Silver Spring
There are a number of things you can do to minimize your exposure to mosquitoes and the risk of being bitten by one.
These steps include:
- Protective clothing. When outside, wear long-sleeved shirts, long pants, socks, and closed-toe shoes. Light colors are best, as mosquitoes are attracted to darker colors.
- Avoiding mosquito hot spots. Limit your time outdoors during peak mosquito activity hours (dawn and dusk), and stay away from areas with standing water (mosquitoes lay their eggs in shallow and stagnant pools).
- Professional control. If there's no way to use your lawn without worrying about the threat of mosquito activity, you may need to schedule a professional treatment. Mosquito control service from Miche Pest Control is uniquely adapted to meet a wide variety of needs.
Relief from biting insects is just a phone call away. Schedule a mosquito control service with Miche Pest Control at your earliest convenience. We're looking forward to hearing from you!
The Trick To Keeping Mosquitoes Away From Your Silver Spring Property
As any homeowner in Silver Spring knows, mosquitoes can quickly turn a pleasant evening outdoors into a nightmare. Not only are their bites itchy and irritating, but they can also transmit a variety of diseases, viruses, and even parasites — some of which can be deadly. Fortunately, there are a few things you can do to keep mosquitoes away from your property.
Here's how to get rid of mosquitos in your yard:
- Eliminate standing water. Mosquitoes lay their eggs in stagnant pools of water, so it's important to get rid of any standing puddles or pools.
- Keep your lawn trimmed. Long grass provides a perfect hiding spot for mosquitoes, so make sure to keep your lawn trimmed on a regular basis.
- Reduce flowering plants. Flowers are a favorite hangout spot for male mosquitoes, so reduce the number of flowering plants on your property for best results.
For more information about how to get rid of mosquitos in your yard, or to schedule custom mosquito control services for your home and family, don't hesitate to get in touch with the experts at Miche Pest Control. Our office is standing by to take your call at any time!
Protecting Yourself From Dangerous Mosquitoes In Silver Spring
Being proactive in your prevention efforts is a great way to minimize your exposure to mosquitoes. If you want to avoid mosquitoes around your Silver Spring home or business, consider the following mosquito control tips:
- Eliminate sources of standing water.
- Install screens in all doors and windows.
- Keep doors and windows shut.
- Maintain a well-trimmed yard.
- Prevent water from collecting in buckets, tires, pet bowls, etc.
- Repair any damaged or ripped screens.
- Wear clothing treated with DEET or permethrin.
- Wear insect repellent when spending time outdoors.
When it comes to effectively protecting yourself from dangerous mosquitoes in Silver Spring, there is only one guaranteed method of mosquito control: professional pest protection. Miche Pest Control offers year-round mosquito control that you and your loved ones can depend on, guaranteed.
Professional Mosquito Control For Silver Spring MD Properties
On top of being extremely annoying and causing horribly itchy welts, mosquitoes pose a serious health threat to those they bite. Mosquitos are dangerous vector pests, and if your own property here in Silver Spring, you should be concerned about your mosquito control needs. The best way to protect yourself from mosquito infestation is to get help from a team of qualified pest professionals.
Miche Pest Control is your go-to source for residential and commercial mosquito control in Silver Spring MD. We are local pest experts committed to eliminating all mosquito activity from your property while providing unparalleled customer service. Reach out to us today to discuss your mosquito control and prevention needs, we’re here to help!
Silver Spring MD
Silver Spring is a census-designated place (CDP) in southeastern Montgomery County, Maryland, near Washington DC. Although officially unincorporated, in practice it is an edge city. Silver Spring is the fourth most populous place in Maryland, after Baltimore, Columbia, and Germantown, and the second most populous in Montgomery County after Germantown.
The downtown, located next to the northern tip of Washington DC, is the oldest and most urbanized part of the community. Since beginning a significant renaissance in 2004, many new mixed-use developments combining retail, residential, and office space have been built. Downtown is in turn surrounded by several inner suburban residential neighborhoods located inside the Capital Beltway.
Silver Spring takes its name from a mica-flecked spring discovered there in 1840 by Francis Preston Blair, who subsequently bought much of the surrounding land. Acorn Park, south of downtown, is believed to be the site of the original spring.
From west to east, Silver Spring is bisected by four major creeks: Rock Creek, Sligo Creek, Long Branch, and Northwest Branch. Each is surrounded by parks offering hiking trails, playgrounds, picnic areas, and tennis courts. On weekends, road closures in the parks facilitate bicycling.
Bethesda MD (4 miles), Hyattsville MD (5 miles), Washington DC (6 miles), Arlington VA (8 miles), Rockville MD (9 miles), Falls Church VA (11 miles), Laurel MD (12 miles), Alexandria VA (13 miles), Bowie MD (13 miles), Gaithersburg MD (14 miles), Springfield VA (16 miles), Columbia MD (17 miles), Fairfax VA (18 miles), Herndon VA (19 miles), Upper Marlboro MD (19 miles), Ellicott City MD (23 miles), Ashburn VA (25 miles), Woodbridge VA (26 miles), Annapolis MD (29 miles), Manassas VA (29 miles), Baltimore MD (30 miles), Leesburg VA (30 miles), Frederick MD (36 miles), Fredericksburg VA (53 miles)
I switched from another pest control company due to high pressure sales/bad billing practices, and switched to Miche. They have been excellent. Excellent customer service, very effective pest treatments, competitive pricing. I highly recommend.