Top Rated Mosquito Control Services For Homes & Businesses In Silver Spring, MD
Miche Pest Control is a top rated, family owned and operated, full service pest control company that provides mosquito control services for homes and businesses in Silver Spring, MD and the surrounding areas. Our expert technicians get rid of mosquito infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the mosquitoes from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today!
Everything You Could Want To Know About Mosquitoes In Silver Spring
Mosquitoes are an extremely common, if unwelcome, sight here in the Silver Spring area. Not only are these tiny insects a common source of fear for home and business owners, but their potential to spread illness and disease is well documented by research professionals.
You're likely to have a few questions about the presence of mosquitoes and their effects on your home and lawn. Let's explore some of the most common of these, starting with the most frequently asked:
Q: What do mosquitos look like?
A: Most species of mosquito are small and dark-colored, with narrow wings and a long proboscis (mouthpart). Some species, like the Asian tiger mosquito, are striped.
Q: What do mosquitoes eat?
A: Female mosquitoes feed on the blood of mammals, birds, and reptiles in order to obtain the protein they need to produce eggs. Male mosquitoes generally only consume plant nectar.
Q: Do all mosquitoes spread disease?
A: Only female mosquitoes bite, and not all of them carry disease. In fact, most species of mosquito are harmless to humans. However, there are some species known for carrying large amounts of pathogens, including ones near Silver Spring.
Have some additional questions about local mosquito activity? Get in touch with Miche Pest Control today to inquire about potential answers.
Is There More Than One Type Of Mosquito In Silver Spring?
Though there are more than 3,000 species of mosquito worldwide, only a small handful are commonly found in the Silver Spring area. Of these, the Asian tiger mosquito, the yellow fever mosquito, and the common house mosquito are perhaps the best known and most feared.
Let's explore these types of mosquitoes in greater detail:
- The Asian tiger mosquito: This species got its name from the black and white stripes that adorn its body, which closely resemble those of a tiger. It is an aggressive biter that will readily attack both humans and animals, and is known to carry a variety of diseases.
- The yellow fever Mosquito: As its name implies, this species can transmit the yellow fever viru, though only if it first bites an infected animal. These mosquitoes are brown or black with white markings, and have distinctive “scales” on their legs.
- The common house mosquito: These mosquitoes are commonly found in and around human dwellings. It is a brown or gray mosquito with white stripes on its legs, and is known to carry both West Nile virus and malaria.
Do you think or know that these types of mosquitoes are near your Silver Spring home? If so, it's critical to get in touch with the professional team as soon as possible. Contact Miche Pest Control today to discuss mosquito protection options for your home and lawn.
How To Limit Your Mosquito Exposure Risk In Silver Spring
There are a number of things you can do to minimize your exposure to mosquitoes and the risk of being bitten by one.
These steps include:
- Protective clothing. When outside, wear long-sleeved shirts, long pants, socks, and closed-toe shoes. Light colors are best, as mosquitoes are attracted to darker colors.
- Avoiding mosquito hot spots. Limit your time outdoors during peak mosquito activity hours (dawn and dusk), and stay away from areas with standing water (mosquitoes lay their eggs in shallow and stagnant pools).
- Professional control. If there's no way to use your lawn without worrying about the threat of mosquito activity, you may need to schedule a professional treatment. Mosquito control service from Miche Pest Control is uniquely adapted to meet a wide variety of needs.
Relief from biting insects is just a phone call away. Schedule a mosquito control service with Miche Pest Control at your earliest convenience. We're looking forward to hearing from you!
The Trick To Keeping Mosquitoes Away From Your Silver Spring Property
As any homeowner in Silver Spring knows, mosquitoes can quickly turn a pleasant evening outdoors into a nightmare. Not only are their bites itchy and irritating, but they can also transmit a variety of diseases, viruses, and even parasites — some of which can be deadly. Fortunately, there are a few things you can do to keep mosquitoes away from your property.
Here's how to get rid of mosquitos in your yard:
- Eliminate standing water. Mosquitoes lay their eggs in stagnant pools of water, so it's important to get rid of any standing puddles or pools.
- Keep your lawn trimmed. Long grass provides a perfect hiding spot for mosquitoes, so make sure to keep your lawn trimmed on a regular basis.
- Reduce flowering plants. Flowers are a favorite hangout spot for male mosquitoes, so reduce the number of flowering plants on your property for best results.
For more information about how to get rid of mosquitos in your yard, or to schedule custom mosquito control services for your home and family, don't hesitate to get in touch with the experts at Miche Pest Control. Our office is standing by to take your call at any time!
Always on time and communicative. Mr. Miche is a great person to have on our family team to keep our household working right!