Cockroach Control Services In Silver Spring MD
Miche Pest Control is a family owned and operated pest control company that provides residential and commercial cockroach control services in Silver Spring MD and the surrounding areas. Our expert cockroach exterminators get rid of cockroach infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the cockroaches from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today or book online!
Most Common Cockroaches Found In Silver Spring
There are thousands of cockroach species worldwide, but there are four species of cockroaches that are most commonly found in Silver Spring MD and are almost always the culprits of infesting people's homes:
- American cockroaches are about 1 1/4 to 2 1/8 inches long and are reddish-brown with a yellowish figure-eight pattern
- Brown-banded cockroaches are about 1/2 an inch long and are brown with banding across the wings
- German cockroaches are about 1/2 to 5/8 an inch long and are light brown to tan with two dark stripes on their back
- Oriental cockroaches are about 1 inch long with a shiny black appearance
While each species may seem just as bad as each other, German cockroaches have a reputation for being particularly difficult to eliminate.
Successful cockroach removal often relies on the proper identification of the species. And although these species listed above have different appearances, it can be challenging to identify them without prior knowledge and training. Leave your cockroach concerns to our experts at Miche Pest Control, who can tell you exactly what species you are dealing with and how to get rid of them.
Having Cockroaches In Your Silver Spring Home Is Worse Than You May Think
Cockroaches are one of the most common pests in the Silver Spring area, and one of the most reviled as well. These six-legged insects are not only ugly, but they can also be dangerous to your health and wellness as well. In the grand scheme of things, cockroaches infesting your Silver Spring home can be far, far worse than you may first believe.
Let's take a look at some of the dangers posed by cockroach activity in and around your property:
- Cockroaches can spread disease by contaminating food and other surfaces with their feces.
- Some roach species have been linked to asthma and other respiratory problems.
- Research suggests that cockroaches may even be capable of transmitting viruses like the common cold or flu.
If you have any signs of cockroach activity near your Silver Spring home, it will be important to get rid of cockroaches as soon as physically possible. A professional pest control company like Miche Pest Control can help you get rid of cockroaches quickly and safely, without putting your family in danger. Get rid of cockroaches with some help from Miche Pest Control today!
The Dangerous Truth About Cockroaches In Your Silver Spring Home
Cockroaches have a reputation for being gross, but the truth is they are also a dangerous pest to have in any home. When cockroaches infest, they bring many issues, including diseases, contamination, and the allergens they create.
Some of the diseases spread by cockroaches are listeriosis, dysentery, typhoid fever, salmonellosis, gastroenteritis, E. coli infection, giardia, and cholera.
Because of the dangers cockroaches pose, it's essential to act quickly if this pest is in your home. Miche Pest Control can help get the job done - contact us today!
All The Ways Cockroaches In Silver Spring Are Harmful To Your Health
If you're struggling with a cockroach infestation near your Silver Spring home, chances are you're at risk of a number of harmful contaminants as well. Roaches spread viruses, bacteria, and other pathogens everywhere they go, making life difficult for home and business owners alike.
If you own a residential or commercial property near Silver Spring, you might expect some of the following issues to crop up:
- Diseases like the common cold, salmonellosis, and gastroenteritis
- Allergies and asthma attacks
- Skin rashes that worsen with time
- Respiratory problems caused by cockroach infestations
No matter how small or large your cockroach problem is, it's always best to contact a professional for expert cockroach pest control. You owe it to yourself, your family, and all the people you love to keep roaches far away from your home.
For outstanding cockroach control in Silver Spring, don't hesitate to get in touch with the expert professionals at Miche Pest Control to learn more about our home pest control services.
When Is It Time To Call A Professional For Cockroaches In My Silver Spring Home?
Many people in the Silver Spring area are familiar with roaches and their presence near homes and businesses. What they might not know, however, is when it's time to call a professional for help. If you're wondering whether now is the right time to get expert cockroach pest control, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I see roaches frequently near my property? If so, there may be a sizeable infestation nearby, and one that requires professional help. As a rule of thumb, it's never just one cockroach. Be sure to take lots of pictures and identify bugs that look like cockroaches near the house.
- Have I tried to get rid of them myself with no success? If do-it-yourself methods aren't working, it's time to get some help from a pro. Cockroaches are difficult pests to DIY, and if you're not careful, you might make the problem worse.
- Is the problem getting worse over time? If roach activity near your Silver Spring home is on the rise, it might be indicative of a serious problem. Don't wait for things to get out of hand — call for help as soon as you see more roaches than usual.
Cockroaches are nothing to mess around with. If you think you might have a cockroach infestation near your property in Silver Spring, don't hesitate to get in touch with the expert providers at Miche Pest Control. Our team will work quickly and efficiently to get rid of cockroaches, so you can rest easy knowing your home is safe and sound.
Keeping Cockroaches Out Of Silver Spring Homes And Businesses
As any Silver Spring resident will tell you, cockroaches are among the most unwanted houseguests one could have. These nocturnal pests are not only unsightly, but they also carry a number of harmful diseases that can make life difficult for humans.
If you're struggling to keep cockroaches out of your home or business, you're not alone. Fortunately, there are many things you can do to reduce your risks of a cockroach infestation:
- Keep your property clean and free of clutter.
- Be sure that all garbage is sealed tightly in a plastic bag.
- Fix any leaks in your plumbing as soon as possible.
- Make sure that all food is stored in airtight containers.
- Keep your counters clean and clear.
For more advice related to the removal of a cockroach infestation, or to schedule a treatment for your Silver Spring home, don't wait to get in touch with Miche Pest Control today. We'll ensure your property is cockroach-free.
Silver Spring MD
Silver Spring is a census-designated place (CDP) in southeastern Montgomery County, Maryland, near Washington DC. Although officially unincorporated, in practice it is an edge city. Silver Spring is the fourth most populous place in Maryland, after Baltimore, Columbia, and Germantown, and the second most populous in Montgomery County after Germantown.
The downtown, located next to the northern tip of Washington DC, is the oldest and most urbanized part of the community. Since beginning a significant renaissance in 2004, many new mixed-use developments combining retail, residential, and office space have been built. Downtown is in turn surrounded by several inner suburban residential neighborhoods located inside the Capital Beltway.
Silver Spring takes its name from a mica-flecked spring discovered there in 1840 by Francis Preston Blair, who subsequently bought much of the surrounding land. Acorn Park, south of downtown, is believed to be the site of the original spring.
From west to east, Silver Spring is bisected by four major creeks: Rock Creek, Sligo Creek, Long Branch, and Northwest Branch. Each is surrounded by parks offering hiking trails, playgrounds, picnic areas, and tennis courts. On weekends, road closures in the parks facilitate bicycling.
Bethesda MD (4 miles), Hyattsville MD (5 miles), Washington DC (6 miles), Arlington VA (8 miles), Rockville MD (9 miles), Falls Church VA (11 miles), Laurel MD (12 miles), Alexandria VA (13 miles), Bowie MD (13 miles), Gaithersburg MD (14 miles), Springfield VA (16 miles), Columbia MD (17 miles), Fairfax VA (18 miles), Herndon VA (19 miles), Upper Marlboro MD (19 miles), Ellicott City MD (23 miles), Ashburn VA (25 miles), Woodbridge VA (26 miles), Annapolis MD (29 miles), Manassas VA (29 miles), Baltimore MD (30 miles), Leesburg VA (30 miles), Frederick MD (36 miles), Fredericksburg VA (53 miles)
I switched from another pest control company due to high pressure sales/bad billing practices, and switched to Miche. They have been excellent. Excellent customer service, very effective pest treatments, competitive pricing. I highly recommend.