Top Rated Carpenter Bee Control Services For Homes & Businesses In Silver Spring, MD
Miche Pest Control is a top rated, family owned and operated, full service pest control company that provides carpenter bee control services for homes and businesses in Silver Spring, MD and the surrounding areas. Our expert technicians get rid of carpenter bee infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the carpenter bees from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today!
Warning Signs Carpenter Bees Leave Behind Around Silver Spring Homes
Having carpenter bees around your house is not ideal. These pests can quickly cause irreparable damage to your home’s physical structure, so it’s important to know how to spot the signs of an infestation. If you find any of the below signs around your house, consider calling an expert at Miche’s Pest Control as soon as possible:
- Sawdust piles: Wherever the carpenter bees around your house are, there will be small piles of sawdust on the floors. These are made when the bees bore into the wooden beams of your home’s structure.
- Holes: If there are sawdust piles, then there will also be a hole where the bee bored into. These holes are about 1 inch deep and give the bee access to the interior of the wood.
- Excrement stains: The third thing you will notice are dark stains on the wood below the holes. These are excrement stains.
- Tunnels: If you manage to get a closer look at the wooden boards of your home, you will find that there are perpendicular tunnels about 4-6 inches in length. These were made by the bees as they chewed their way through the boards.
If you have noticed these signs and symptoms of an infestation around your home, don’t wait -- the infestation could be quite severe at this point. The pros at Miche Pest Control have the tools needed to root out the source of a carpenter bee infestation and keep them out for good. Call today!
How Dangerous Are Carpenter Bees In Silver Spring?
Securing professional carpenter bee removal is crucial for all homeowners in Silver Spring, MD. These bees, though fuzzy and cute, can cause some serious damage if left to their own devices for too long. Below are two reasons why you should call Miche Pest Control for help removing these bees today:
- Stings: Like all bees, the carpenter bee is capable of stinging you, your family, and your pets. If bothered too frequently, the females may inflict painful stings on you, which can be painful, and in some cases, deadly for those who are allergic.
- Property damage: Carpenter bees are like termites. They bore through the wooden boards of your home, deck, shed, or barn, weakening the structure and costing you money.
Professional carpenter bee removal is an investment that could save you thousands of dollars in the long run. At Miche Pest Control, we will safely remove your current hive of bees and ensure a new hive does not set up shop in its wake. Don’t risk being injured or suffering property damage -- call us for help today!
How To Spot A Carpenter Bee Problem On Your Silver Spring Property
In addition to the signs of carpenter bees mentioned earlier, there are other things to keep an eye out for if you are a homeowner. Below are additional signs of carpenter bees you are likely to spot:
- Presence of bees: Perhaps the most obvious sign is that you are physically seeing bees on your property. Be sure to take note of what types of bees you are seeing because there are several different types of bees in Silver Spring.
- Buzzing in the walls: If you start to hear buzzing within the walls of your home, this is a sign that you need professional help immediately. This indicates that the infestation is severe, as they have already built an extensive tunnel system within the wooden boards of your home.
- Structural damage: A sign that your infestation could be irreversible is the presence of structural damage in your home. This could be weakened boards crumbling under weight, stuck windows or doors, or hollow sounds when tapped on.
If you spot any of these signs, call Miche Pest Control for help immediately. We will get a technician dispatched to your Silver Spring home to walk you through your options on how best to move forward.
How Much Do You Really Know About The Carpenter Bees In Silver Spring?
It can be overwhelming to try and figure out if you really have a carpenter bee infestation. Unfortunately, some pest infestation signs look a lot like other types of infestations, and it can be difficult to try and pinpoint exactly what is going on in your home. At Miche Pest Control, our pest control technicians receive thorough training to correctly identify carpenter bee infestations, and they are armed with powerful treatments to rectify the issue. If you are worried about your home, or you aren’t sure if what you’re seeing are signs of carpenter bees, just give us a call!
Recent Blog Articles
April 15, 2022
The gigantic and flashy-looking Joro spider is the last thing you want to see around your home or business. However, they may not be as dangerous as they l...Read More
February 21, 2022
Green Pest Services, a sister company of Pointe Pest Control in Illinois, sells to PestCo Holdings, a Thompson Street Capital Partners company.Read More