Wasp Control Services In Rockville MD
Miche Pest Control is a family owned and operated pest control company that provides residential & commercial wasp control services in Rockville MD and the surrounding areas. Our expert wasp exterminators get rid of wasp infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the wasps from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today or book online!
Wasp Control 101: What Every Rockville Homeowner Needs To Know
If you're not familiar with what wasps are, they are sleek-looking insects that look a little bit like ants with wings. You'll find them making paper-like nests on the exterior of your home or creating nests in hidden voids. Here is a quick primer on wasps in Rockville:
- The most common wasp pests are paper wasps and yellow jackets. Paper wasps are usually reddish-brown with yellow legs. Yellow jackets are yellow and black.
- If you see a big yellow jacket that looks thin at the waste, it isn't a yellow jacket. Some species of paper wasp look like yellow jackets, only they're larger and have a pinched waist.
- Wasps die off and grow dormant in Virginia winters. Queens come out in spring to start establishing new nests and new populations.
- As spring turns into summer and summer into fall, wasp nests max out their populations and wasp sightings are more frequent. Take greater caution in the fall.
- Fall wasps tend to be more aggressive because they are preparing their queens for the coming year, which is linked to the survival of their species.
These are the basic facts every Rockville resident should know. Let's take a look at what attracts wasps, why wasps can be a threat, and what you can do to get control of wasps.
What Is Attracting All These Wasps To Rockville?
There are many factors that can attract wasps. Some you know. Some may come as a surprise. If you would prefer to not have wasp nests in your yard, here are a few facts you should know:
- Weeds can attract wasps. When weeds take over your yard and start to produce tiny flowers, those little flowers are going to be an attractant for wasps and bees.
- Bugs can attract wasps. All of the creepy-crawly pests in your yard are food for wasps. Wasps will eat a long list of common bug pests so they can be a benefit on the outskirts of your property.
- Trash is a buffet for wasps. There are many foods you throw away that can be a meal for a wasp, and wasps can smell decaying food from a distance.
- Wasps drink water. Wasps don't just drink sweet liquids. They need to be near a source of water in order to grow a population.
- Some wasps establish their nests in ground holes. If you have lots of holes, ground wasps may move in.
- Some wasps establish their nests in structural voids. If you have gaps, cracks, and holes in your exterior, you can invite wasps to take up residence in your residence.
While you can't completely prevent wasps from establishing a nest on your property by addressing these factors, doing so will deter them. In many cases, this is enough deterrence to prevent problems. This is 100 percent natural wasp control.
Are The Wasps In Rockville Dangerous?
Wasps are stinging pests. If you encounter a random wasp now and then, you have little to fear unless you are allergic to wasp venom and you accidentally bring a wasp into contact with your body. Wasps are mostly docile when away from their nests and are not prone to sting. Trouble starts when social wasps create aerial nests or nests in structural voids and ground holes. Social wasps have a nest-protection instinct which can make them very dangerous if you disturb their nests. If a wasp nest is disturbed, the drones will gather together in a swarm and attack, and each wasp has the ability to sting more than once. It is essential to prevent wasps from establishing nests on your Rockville property.
A Helpful Guide To Effective Wasp Control For Rockville Property Owners
Now that you know the most important facts about wasps, what can you do to get control of wasps on your property? We have lots of ideas because, after all, we are a pest control provider. Here are the best suggestions from the on-staff experts here at Miche Pest Control, many of which have to do with addressing attractants:
- Use pre-emergent and post-emergent weed control products to address weeds.
- Clean your gutters and repair gutter breaks to reduce perimeter moisture that attracts the bugs that wasps eat.
- Keep trash in covered containers and deodorize containers if they start to smell bad. Wasps love that smell.
- Remove containers in your yard that capture rainwater. These can be any objects, not just bowls, cups, etc.
- Fill in ground holes with dirt. Yellow jackets are not burrowing insects. They only use holes that already exist.
- Seal gaps, cracks, and holes in your exterior. The tool for this job is a caulking gun.
- Perform frequent inspections of your property in the spring. If you see tiny paper-like blobs, knock them down during the day.
- Perform frequent inspections of your landscaping and look for yellow jacket activity. Keep in mind that yellow jackets are tiny.
If you'd like assistance with wasp nest detection, nest removal, and ongoing pest control for the bugs that wasps eat, reach out to us. The service team at Miche Pest Control can guide you toward the right pest control plan for your Rockville home.
Professional Wasp Control For Rockville MD Properties
If you’re in the market for quality wasp control in Rockville MD, you’ve come to the right place. Miche Pest Control offers residential and commercial wasp control solutions that bring local Rockville properties complete coverage against wasp infestation. Our wasp control process includes the removal of wasp nests from eaves, doorways, and windows, as well as quarterly pest control service, including wasp nest removal.
We also address secluded hard-to-reach spots that are sheltered from the elements and locate wasp nests from all around the property to remove them safely.
From start to finish, our local team of pest experts is here to guide you through the entire process. Get in touch with us today to set up your initial inspection, and we’ll start the process immediately.
Comprehensive Wasp Control For Rockville, MD
We all look forward to summer in Rockville. Whether you’re headed for a hike, enjoying a BBQ with friends, or walking through town, there’s something that just can’t be beat about this time of year. One thing that can bring your summer enjoyment to a screeching halt is a wasp sting. Wasps are a common sight in Rockville yards and gardens, but if you have a nest nearby your home, they can be more than just an annoyance.
The professionals at Miche Pest Control want to help you stay safe from wasps and other stinging insects this summer and throughout the year. Our wasp control services are the safest way to deal with wasps and other stinging insects on your property. Call today and find out more about our comprehensive residential pest management program or schedule your complimentary inspection. Don’t let wasps ruin your summer fun – instead, call the experts at Miche Pest Control.
Rockville is a city that serves as the county seat of Montgomery County, Maryland, part of the Baltimore–Washington metropolitan area. Rockville is one of the largest communities in Maryland and the third largest location in Montgomery County, after Silver Spring and Germantown.
Rockville, along with neighboring Gaithersburg and Bethesda, is at the core of the Interstate 270 Technology Corridor which is home to numerous software and biotechnology companies as well as several federal government institutions. The city, one of the major retail hubs in Montgomery County, also has several upscale regional shopping centers.
The most prominent highway directly serving Rockville is Interstate 270. I-270 is the main highway leading northwest out of metropolitan Washington DC, beginning at Interstate 495 (the Capital Beltway) and proceeding northwestward to Interstate 70 in Frederick. Maryland Route 355 was the precursor to I-270 and follows a parallel route, and now serves as the main commercial roadway through Rockville and neighboring communities. Other state highways serving Rockville directly include Maryland Route 28, Maryland Route 189, Maryland Route 586, Maryland Route 660 and Maryland Route 911. Interstate 370 and Maryland Route 200 do not directly enter the city, but pass just outside the city limits.
Gaithersburg MD (5 miles), Bethesda MD (8 miles), Silver Spring MD (9 miles), Arlington VA (14 miles), Falls Church VA (14 miles), Hyattsville MD (14 miles), Washington DC (14 miles), Herndon VA (15 miles), Laurel MD (16 miles), Ashburn VA (18 miles), Columbia MD (18 miles), Fairfax VA (18 miles), Alexandria VA (20 miles), Springfield VA (20 miles), Bowie MD (21 miles), Leesburg VA (22 miles), Ellicott City MD (23 miles), Frederick MD (27 miles), Manassas VA (29 miles), Upper Marlboro MD (29 miles), Woodbridge VA (30 miles), Baltimore MD (32 miles), Annapolis MD (36 miles), Fredericksburg VA (56 miles)
Recent Blog Articles
December 01, 2022
Roaches scurrying around your home and stealing your peace of mind? Explore what cockroaches are, what they do, and what you can do about them.Read More
November 30, 2022
Find out how to identify a centipede, which ones are considered dangerous, and some prevention tips to keep them away from your home.Read More