Top Rated Termite Control Services For Homes & Businesses In Rockville, MD
Miche Pest Control is a top rated, family owned and operated, full service pest control company that provides termite control services for homes and businesses in Rockville, MD and the surrounding areas. Our expert technicians get rid of termite infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the termites from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today!
Comprehensive Termite Control For Rockville, MD
While Rockville may be known for its charm and beauty, there's definitely one pest more than willing to destroy it: termites. Termites are some of the most destructive pests that you can encounter in your Rockville home, but how do you combat them?
Fortunately, Miche Pest Control can help. Here's what Rockville residents should know about how to approach a termite problem, how to spot termites, why your home needs professional termite protection from us, and when it's the right time to call in the pros at Miche Pest Control for termites.
What Should I Do If I Think I Have Termites In Rockville?
If you think you're spotting signs of termites in Rockville, you should never try to deal with a termite infestation on your own. Most DIY termite solutions tend to be ineffective and won't wipe out the entire colony.
Unless you get rid of every termite, larvae, and egg, these critters will only keep reproducing and destroying your home. For this reason, your best option is to call the pros at Miche Pest Control if you think you have termites.
Not only can our specialists confirm whether or not you've got termites as well as treat them, but we can also help you determine the extent of the damage to your home.
How To Spot Termite Problems In & Around Your Rockville Home
Even with having annual inspections done each year, it's still a good idea to know what the early warning signs of termites look like. These include:
- Frass: Like most other pests, termites leave droppings behind. This happens when they're tunneling through wood – keeping their galleries clean, they'll kick their excrement out of the tunnel and out into the open. Termite droppings, also called frass, don't resemble normal pest droppings – since their diet consists of wood, their droppings become tiny pellets, which may resemble sawdust or coffee ground. If you have drywood termites, you may find frass piled around baseboards, walls, or other areas of high termite activity.
- Tight-fitting Doors And Windows: Termites can introduce excess moisture into your wood and home. If they're tunneling through the wood in doorways and windows, this excess moisture can actually warp the wood. As a result, your doors and windows may suddenly feel like a tight fit or like they no longer fit the frame when you go to close them.
- Shed Wings And Termite Swarms: One of the most obvious signs of a termite problem is the evidence they leave behind during and after swarms. Termites head out into the open to look for mates during certain parts of the year, and they do this in swarms. You may see the actual termite swarm around your property, but it's more likely that you'll find their discarded wings lying in piles around doorways and windows.
- Hollow And Damaged Wood: As they tunnel through your wood, your walls or floors get damaged and may become hollow. While you may not always be able to see the termite tunnels, you may be able to tell if your wood is hollow. If your walls and floors sound hollow when you tap or step on them, it's a good indicator that you've got termites.
If you see these or other signs of termites, don't hesitate to call the Rockville pest control professionals at Miche Pest Control.
Why Homes In Rockville Need Professional Termite Protection
Homes in Rockville need professional termite protection because termites are extremely hard to spot. Unlike some pests, termites are stealthy, and their presence can go undetected for months or even years. In many cases, homeowners don't discover that they've got termites until these pests have already racked up hundreds or thousands of dollars in property damage.
There are a couple of reasons why termites are so hard to spot. These critters usually live inside walls or flooring, and once they've burrowed underground, they don't have a lot of reasons to come back up.
Termites do leave traces of their presence behind, but these signs are often subtle – so it's important to know what to look for. More than just keeping your eyes peeled for warning signs of termites, it's also recommended that you get annual inspections done every year so that you can catch termite problems early.
A pest management professional will know exactly what termite signs to look for, and if you do have a problem in your home, they can help determine the extent of the damage.
Now Is The Time To Protect Your Rockville Home From Termites
Whether you think you have termites in Rockville or you just haven't had a termite inspection in the last year, it's time to contact the pros at Miche Pest Control. We can offer termite treatments such as:
- Spot treatment for areas that have termite damage
- Installation of termite bait stations
- Spot treatment for areas with live termites
Our professional, high-quality treatments can protect you from termites throughout the entire year. If you think your Rockville home could be infested with termites, you don't want to wait any longer to call us at Miche Pest Control.
Technician was on time, called before arriving- answered all my question and was kind and treated our place with care. I’ll definitely use the service for other properties and will recommend.