Rat Control Services In Rockville MD
Miche Pest Control is a family owned and operated pest control company that provides residential & commercial rat control services in Rockville MD and the surrounding areas. Our expert rat exterminators get rid of rat infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the rats from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today or book online!
Comprehensive Rat Control For Rockland, MD Properties
With a history that dates back to the 1700s, the scenery of Rockville looks like it could fit into a Norman Rockwell painting. The population of Rockville may be small, but that doesn't mean its pest problems are.
Rats are an especially problematic pest in Rockville. They are dangerous, destructive, and almost impossible to control with DIY methods. Almost any home can be susceptible to a rat infestation but the licensed experts at Miche Pest Control understand the biology and behavior of rats and can eliminate them and keep them from coming back. Call today to find out more about our effective products and modern pest control methods or to schedule your complimentary inspection!
What Everyone In Rockville Ought To Know About Rats
Rats are one of the biggest rodent problems in Rockville, and whether you're a homeowner or a business owner, here's what everyone in Rockville should know about dealing with these pests:
- The two major types of rats that you'll encounter in Rockville include Norway rats, also called brown rats, and roof rats, sometimes called black rats.
- Norway rats prefer to burrow underground in your home, while roof rats like to climb.
- One reason that rats chew or gnaw on things, whether that's wood, plastic, or vinyl, is because their strong teeth never stop growing. If they don't continuously chew, these teeth will grow too long.
- Rats are typically nocturnal, so if you spot them skittering around your property, it will likely be at odd hours or during the night.
- Rats eat mice, so you will rarely see rats and mice in the same space. Not only will rats eat any mice they find, but if mice scent nearby rats, they're likely to run away.
- Rats, like many rodents, have been accustomed to human civilization. They've spent centuries stowing away on boats or spending time near humans, so they certainly don't mind invading your Rockville home.
- Rats typically enter properties for the same three reasons as many other pests: shelter, food, and water.
- While rats may prefer poorly maintained homes, they're crafty enough to find food and water sources in most Rockville homes, regardless of cleanliness.
The most important thing to learn about rats is how to keep them out of your home.
Problems Rats Cause In Rockville
There's a good reason why so many people are afraid of rats – these rodents can be incredibly dangerous, especially if they're infesting your home, and here's why:
- They can spread disease and bacteria: Some of the diseases rats carry and spread include hantavirus, tularemia, rat-bite fever, and salmonella.
- They can damage your property: Rats have strong teeth that are capable of chewing through many materials, like wood, plastic, and even vinyl.
- They can be infested with other parasites: Rats may also bring in other parasites, like ticks, mites, or fleas, when they infest your home.
Rats in your home are dangerous for you, your family, your pets, and your property itself. It is important to get rid of rats quickly and keep them from coming back.
Rockville Property Owners Top Questions About Rats
Here's what Rockville homeowners should know about dealing with rats and a rat infestation – starting with their appearance.
How big do rats get? Growing more than double the size of mice, the rats in Cumberland County can get quite large, but the exact size can vary based on the type of rat you're dealing with.
Roof rats, which have long tails and slender bodies, usually grow around six to eight inches long, not including their tails. Their agile bodies make it easier for them to climb bushes, trees, and even onto the rooftops of Rockville homes.
Brown rats, also called Norway rats, have bulkier frames and can grow up to ten inches in length, not including their tails.
Are rats hard to get rid of? Not only are they excellent hiders that may go undetected for months at a time, but rats also reproduce more quickly than most people think. A single female rat is capable of producing up to six litters per year, with each litter usually containing 5 to 10 pups.
What may start as only a couple of rats in your home can grow into hundreds within the span of a year or less, which makes these rodents difficult for homeowners to control without professional help.
Rockville's Complete Guide To Effective Rat Control
There's only one completely effective way to control rats in Rockville, and that's by contacting us at Miche Pest Control. With excellent ratings and a trustworthy reputation that speaks for itself, our high-quality treatments and experienced specialists can ensure that we can get rid of the rats in your Rockville home permanently.
With options for both residential and commercial homes, we can handle rat infestations for any Rockville property – and any size infestation. Whether we're handling an infestation in your residential property or a commercial one, all of our rat services begin with an inspection. Once we understand the extent of how big your rat problem is and how these critters are getting in, we'll determine the best treatment for getting them out.
If you suspect you've got rats or another rodent infestation in your home, there's only one thing to do – call us today at Miche Pest Control to learn more about how total rat control works.
Rat Control Solutions For Rockville Homeowners
Rats are unwelcome visitors that no homeowner in Rockville MD wants to face. One rat can quickly lead to a full-blown infestation, and before you know it, the entire house is compromised. You and your loved ones are put at risk of health and safety threats, which is why it’s a good idea to be as proactive as possible. Here are some rat control tips to keep in mind:
- Eliminate accessible food sources.
- Keep the house clean and tidy; reduce clutter.
- Promptly wipe up spills and food residue.
- Reduce excess moisture around the home.
- Regularly take the garbage out and keep it in sealed trash bins.
- Store food in tightly sealed, gnaw-proof containers.
- Store wood away from the perimeter foundation.
The best way to protect your property from rat activity is to rely on the experts. Reach out to Miche Pest Control for comprehensive rat control and prevention services that are effective, efficient, and always guaranteed. Our team of experts is here to work with you, bringing you customized solutions that are tailor-made to meet the needs of your residence. Call today to schedule your initial inspection.
Rockville is a city that serves as the county seat of Montgomery County, Maryland, part of the Baltimore–Washington metropolitan area. Rockville is one of the largest communities in Maryland and the third largest location in Montgomery County, after Silver Spring and Germantown.
Rockville, along with neighboring Gaithersburg and Bethesda, is at the core of the Interstate 270 Technology Corridor which is home to numerous software and biotechnology companies as well as several federal government institutions. The city, one of the major retail hubs in Montgomery County, also has several upscale regional shopping centers.
The most prominent highway directly serving Rockville is Interstate 270. I-270 is the main highway leading northwest out of metropolitan Washington DC, beginning at Interstate 495 (the Capital Beltway) and proceeding northwestward to Interstate 70 in Frederick. Maryland Route 355 was the precursor to I-270 and follows a parallel route, and now serves as the main commercial roadway through Rockville and neighboring communities. Other state highways serving Rockville directly include Maryland Route 28, Maryland Route 189, Maryland Route 586, Maryland Route 660 and Maryland Route 911. Interstate 370 and Maryland Route 200 do not directly enter the city, but pass just outside the city limits.
Gaithersburg MD (5 miles), Bethesda MD (8 miles), Silver Spring MD (9 miles), Arlington VA (14 miles), Falls Church VA (14 miles), Hyattsville MD (14 miles), Washington DC (14 miles), Herndon VA (15 miles), Laurel MD (16 miles), Ashburn VA (18 miles), Columbia MD (18 miles), Fairfax VA (18 miles), Alexandria VA (20 miles), Springfield VA (20 miles), Bowie MD (21 miles), Leesburg VA (22 miles), Ellicott City MD (23 miles), Frederick MD (27 miles), Manassas VA (29 miles), Upper Marlboro MD (29 miles), Woodbridge VA (30 miles), Baltimore MD (32 miles), Annapolis MD (36 miles), Fredericksburg VA (56 miles)
I switched from another pest control company due to high pressure sales/bad billing practices, and switched to Miche. They have been excellent. Excellent customer service, very effective pest treatments, competitive pricing. I highly recommend.