Top Rated Rat Control Services For Homes & Businesses In Rockville, MD
Miche Pest Control is a top rated, family owned and operated, full service pest control company that provides rat control services for homes and businesses in Rockville MD and the surrounding areas. Our expert technicians get rid of rat infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the rats from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today!
Comprehensive Rat Control For Rockland, MD Properties
With a history that dates back to the 1700s, the scenery of Rockville looks like it could fit into a Norman Rockwell painting. The population of Rockville may be small, but that doesn't mean its pest problems are.
Rats are an especially problematic pest in Rockville. They are dangerous, destructive, and almost impossible to control with DIY methods. Almost any home can be susceptible to a rat infestation but the licensed experts at Miche Pest Control understand the biology and behavior of rats and can eliminate them and keep them from coming back. Call today to find out more about our effective products and modern pest control methods or to schedule your complimentary inspection!
What Everyone In Rockville Ought To Know About Rats
Rats are one of the biggest rodent problems in Rockville, and whether you're a homeowner or a business owner, here's what everyone in Rockville should know about dealing with these pests:
- The two major types of rats that you'll encounter in Rockville include Norway rats, also called brown rats, and roof rats, sometimes called black rats.
- Norway rats prefer to burrow underground in your home, while roof rats like to climb.
- One reason that rats chew or gnaw on things, whether that's wood, plastic, or vinyl, is because their strong teeth never stop growing. If they don't continuously chew, these teeth will grow too long.
- Rats are typically nocturnal, so if you spot them skittering around your property, it will likely be at odd hours or during the night.
- Rats eat mice, so you will rarely see rats and mice in the same space. Not only will rats eat any mice they find, but if mice scent nearby rats, they're likely to run away.
- Rats, like many rodents, have been accustomed to human civilization. They've spent centuries stowing away on boats or spending time near humans, so they certainly don't mind invading your Rockville home.
- Rats typically enter properties for the same three reasons as many other pests: shelter, food, and water.
- While rats may prefer poorly maintained homes, they're crafty enough to find food and water sources in most Rockville homes, regardless of cleanliness.
The most important thing to learn about rats is how to keep them out of your home.
Problems Rats Cause In Rockville
There's a good reason why so many people are afraid of rats – these rodents can be incredibly dangerous, especially if they're infesting your home, and here's why:
- They can spread disease and bacteria: Some of the diseases rats carry and spread include hantavirus, tularemia, rat-bite fever, and salmonella.
- They can damage your property: Rats have strong teeth that are capable of chewing through many materials, like wood, plastic, and even vinyl.
- They can be infested with other parasites: Rats may also bring in other parasites, like ticks, mites, or fleas, when they infest your home.
Rats in your home are dangerous for you, your family, your pets, and your property itself. It is important to get rid of rats quickly and keep them from coming back.
Rockville Property Owners Top Questions About Rats
Here's what Rockville homeowners should know about dealing with rats and a rat infestation – starting with their appearance.
How big do rats get? Growing more than double the size of mice, the rats in Cumberland County can get quite large, but the exact size can vary based on the type of rat you're dealing with.
Roof rats, which have long tails and slender bodies, usually grow around six to eight inches long, not including their tails. Their agile bodies make it easier for them to climb bushes, trees, and even onto the rooftops of Rockville homes.
Brown rats, also called Norway rats, have bulkier frames and can grow up to ten inches in length, not including their tails.
Are rats hard to get rid of? Not only are they excellent hiders that may go undetected for months at a time, but rats also reproduce more quickly than most people think. A single female rat is capable of producing up to six litters per year, with each litter usually containing 5 to 10 pups.
What may start as only a couple of rats in your home can grow into hundreds within the span of a year or less, which makes these rodents difficult for homeowners to control without professional help.
Rockville's Complete Guide To Effective Rat Control
There's only one completely effective way to control rats in Rockville, and that's by contacting us at Miche Pest Control. With excellent ratings and a trustworthy reputation that speaks for itself, our high-quality treatments and experienced specialists can ensure that we can get rid of the rats in your Rockville home permanently.
With options for both residential and commercial homes, we can handle rat infestations for any Rockville property – and any size infestation. Whether we're handling an infestation in your residential property or a commercial one, all of our rat services begin with an inspection. Once we understand the extent of how big your rat problem is and how these critters are getting in, we'll determine the best treatment for getting them out.
If you suspect you've got rats or another rodent infestation in your home, there's only one thing to do – call us today at Miche Pest Control to learn more about how total rat control works.
Technician was on time, called before arriving- answered all my question and was kind and treated our place with care. I’ll definitely use the service for other properties and will recommend.