Ant Control Services In Rockville MD
Miche Pest Control is a family owned and operated pest control company that provides residential & commercial ant control services in Rockville MD and the surrounding areas. Our expert ant exterminators get rid of ant infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the ants from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today or book online!
Ant Exterminator In Rockville MD
If you're dealing with an ant infestation in Rockville MD, it's important to find a reliable and effective ant exterminator. At Miche Pest Control, we understand how frustrating and overwhelming it can be to deal with ants in your home or business. That's why we offer professional and customized ant extermination services to effectively eliminate your ant problem. Our team of experienced exterminators will quickly identify the source of the infestation and use state-of-the-art techniques to eliminate it. We use safe, eco-friendly methods to ensure the safety of your family and pets. Don't let ants disrupt your daily life, contact Miche Pest Control today and schedule your ant extermination appointment. We guarantee to get the job done right the first time!
Comprehensive Ant Control For Rockville, MD
Rockville is close enough to the city to make use of all the benefits while still enjoying the slower pace of a smaller city. Unfortunately, one thing that doesn’t slow down in Rockville is our ant populations. From nuisance ants to those that sting or damage property, it’s important to protect your home and family and that’s a job that is best done by professionals.
Miche Pest Control provides top-of-the-line ant control services to Rockville and the surrounding areas. We are a family-owned and operated company that prides ourselves on delivering a positive pest control service and a pest-free guarantee. When you work with our expert technicians you can be confident your ant issues will be a thing of the past. Call today to find out how to set up your first appointment.
All You Need To Know About The Ants In Rockville
There are essentially four types of ants in our area. The more you understand about the different types of ants that get into Rockville homes, the more likely you will be to take appropriate action when you start to see signs of trouble.
- Most ants are nuisances that occasionally spread harmful bacteria from trash receptacles to surfaces, dishes, silverware, and stored foods.
- Some ants are accidentally destructive pests as they create galleries in structural wood. These ants are called carpenter ants.
- Some ants sting. The most notable of all stinging ants in Rockville is the fire ant. Fortunately, fire ants are not yet well-established here.
- The last type of ant to consider is the Pharaoh ant, which presents more than a minor health concern. Pharaoh ants get into the open wounds of life stock, domesticated pests, rodents, and humans, and can expose themselves to disease-causing pathogens.
While ants can just be annoying interlopers, there is a potential for property damage, general sickness, and direct harm. It is a good idea to know as much as you can about ant control and prevention.
Ant Control Methods & Products In Rockville
If you're currently dealing with an ant problem, you need ant control, not prevention. The goal of ant control is to arrest activity in your home or to target ant colonies in your yard. Here are some suggestions:
- Track where the ants are coming into your home if you can. Follow the ant trails and use a caulking gun to seal gaps and cracks.
- Use a vacuum to suck ants up. Be sure to place the bag outside.
- Wash the location(s) where you found the ants.
- Inspect the exterior of your home and use a caulking gun, expanding foam, or a concrete patch to seal entry points that ants may be using to get inside.
- If ants keep appearing in your home, you may have an indoor nest. Reach out to Miche Pest Control to address your indoor ant problem.
We don't recommend DIY ant control in your home or for addressing ant mounds in your yard. Some ant species have multiple queens and budding may occur when ant control is not applied correctly. Budding will turn one ant colony into two or more. Let our helpful and experienced technicians assist you with Rockville ant control.
Ant-Prevention Tips For Rockville Residents
Before ants get into your home, there are many steps you can take to prevent an infestation. Ant prevention differs from ant control in that it works to naturally deter ants and block off the routes ants take to get into your home. It doesn't harm the ants, reduce ant populations, or eliminate colonies.
- Address flowering weed problems. Many ants eat nectar.
- Address aphid problems. Aphids produce honeydew which is another sweet food source found in nature that ants like to eat.
- Store nuts away from your home. If you have trees that drop nuts, clean them up and store them away from your exterior. Some ants love nuts.
- Put your trash to the curb each week and clean your receptacles if you miss a week. The scent of decomposing organic matter is a strong attractant for certain ants.
- Move hummingbird feeders away from your exterior. Some ants will scale your walls to get to the sweet sugar water in your feeders.
- Move regular bird feeders away from your exterior. Some ants love seeds.
- Rake leaves up and blow leaves out of your landscaping. Leaves provide an ideal habitat for insects, and ants eat insects, both alive and dead.
- Seal gaps and holes in your exterior. Pay close attention to seals around pipes and wires as well as weatherstripping around exterior doors.
It is a lot of work to stay on top of ant prevention. If you don't mind the work, this is a natural way to deter ant problems and keep ants out of your home.
Five Tips For Keeping Your Rockville Property Ant-Free In Summer
Ant problems ramp up in the summer months. If you take the prevention steps given above, you'll have protection from ants, but there are some summertime ant-prevention tips that can help manage ants even more.
- Put food away and clean up after you have cookouts in your backyard.
- Do routine inspections of your yard and remove any potential food sources left by your kids, or food sources that fall from the trees in your yard.
- Get your gutters cleaned and repair any damaged areas. Doing this will reduce perimeter saturation which promotes ant activity during the summer months.
- Keep the interior of your home clean so that scout ants don't have a reason to recruit other worker ants to flood into your home.
- Consider getting ongoing pest prevention which comes with a liquid barrier treatment to prevent ants from living near your home or getting inside your home.
If you're in Rockville, remember that the service team here at Miche Pest Control is available to help you address all your pest concerns. We can help you find a one-time or ongoing solution for ants.
Reliable & Professional Ant Control Services
Ants are social insects that live in colonies of thousands of individuals, each with its essential role. When they infest a home or become a problem on a residential property, they are challenging to eliminate. But, you can work with the area experts at Miche Pest Control. We provide the most reliable and customer-oriented ant control in Rockville MD - to get your free quote, contact us today!
Rockville is a city that serves as the county seat of Montgomery County, Maryland, part of the Baltimore–Washington metropolitan area. Rockville is one of the largest communities in Maryland and the third largest location in Montgomery County, after Silver Spring and Germantown.
Rockville, along with neighboring Gaithersburg and Bethesda, is at the core of the Interstate 270 Technology Corridor which is home to numerous software and biotechnology companies as well as several federal government institutions. The city, one of the major retail hubs in Montgomery County, also has several upscale regional shopping centers.
The most prominent highway directly serving Rockville is Interstate 270. I-270 is the main highway leading northwest out of metropolitan Washington DC, beginning at Interstate 495 (the Capital Beltway) and proceeding northwestward to Interstate 70 in Frederick. Maryland Route 355 was the precursor to I-270 and follows a parallel route, and now serves as the main commercial roadway through Rockville and neighboring communities. Other state highways serving Rockville directly include Maryland Route 28, Maryland Route 189, Maryland Route 586, Maryland Route 660 and Maryland Route 911. Interstate 370 and Maryland Route 200 do not directly enter the city, but pass just outside the city limits.
Gaithersburg MD (5 miles), Bethesda MD (8 miles), Silver Spring MD (9 miles), Arlington VA (14 miles), Falls Church VA (14 miles), Hyattsville MD (14 miles), Washington DC (14 miles), Herndon VA (15 miles), Laurel MD (16 miles), Ashburn VA (18 miles), Columbia MD (18 miles), Fairfax VA (18 miles), Alexandria VA (20 miles), Springfield VA (20 miles), Bowie MD (21 miles), Leesburg VA (22 miles), Ellicott City MD (23 miles), Frederick MD (27 miles), Manassas VA (29 miles), Upper Marlboro MD (29 miles), Woodbridge VA (30 miles), Baltimore MD (32 miles), Annapolis MD (36 miles), Fredericksburg VA (56 miles)
Recent Blog Articles
Water Bugs vs Roaches
March 24, 2023
Learn the differences between water bugs and oriental cockroaches in this blog post, as well as what attracts them and how to get rid of them.Read More
Call The Pros At The First Sign Of Rats On Your Property
March 23, 2023
If rats make their way into your home, are you prepared? Our new post explains why these pests are so dangerous and how you can better rat-proof your home.Read More