Wasp Control Services In Reston VA
Miche Pest Control is a family owned and operated pest control company that provides residential and commercial wasp control services in Reston VA. Our expert wasp exterminators get rid of wasp infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep wasps from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today or book online!
Wasp Exterminator Serving Reston VA
Miche Pest Control uses an integrated approach that employs a variety of effective and efficient methods to control wasps found in Reston VA and the surrounding areas. Our integrated program includes using:
- Inspection – determining what is needed to provide an effective wasp control solution.
- Documentation – explaining the specifics of the overall control plan, as well as the importance, findings and results of not only the initial inspection, but regularly scheduled follow-up services as well.
- Education – explaining the behavior, diet and habitat of wasps and how this information will be helpful to the homeowner.
- Cultural controls – recommending modifications to the area around the home or business to reduce the number of sites that are suitable for wasps to nest.
- Exclusion – reducing potential entry points for wasps to get inside the structure.
- Sanitation – keeping the area clean and efficiently reducing access to the wasp’s sources of food.
- Extermination – using the best methods possible, considering safety and effectiveness.
For more information or to schedule an inspection, please contact your local Miche Pest Control office.
Customized Wasp Treatment Plans In Reston VA
Wasps are present all year long here in Reston VA, and our properties are vulnerable to infestation. Wasps build nests around our homes and businesses and grow their populations quickly. For comprehensive wasp control and prevention services, Miche Pest Control has your back.
We are a family-owned and operated company, and we’re proud to be the local pest experts that customers can rely on all year. Our top priority is to provide a positive pest control experience for our valued customers, and we work with you to customize a pest control treatment plan that meets your needs. Whatever wasp problem you’re dealing with, we’re ready to help. Contact us to get started.
How Dangerous Is It To Have Wasps On My Reston Property?
Wasps are active all year long here in Reston, which means your property is put at risk for infestation. So, what exactly are the threats involved with stinging insects, specifically wasps? Wasps can cause serious problems for you and anyone else on your property, especially if anyone has allergies.
Wasps can sting and bite repeatedly, injecting their venom into their prey numerous times. At the very least, their sting causes swelling, redness, and itching, but it can be fatal for people who are allergic to their venom. Reactions can vary and even lead to anaphylactic shock in extreme cases.
In order to protect yourself from the threats of wasp activity, it’s a good idea to get help from pest experts. Miche Pest Control is Reston’s best source for wasp control and prevention. Call us today to discuss your wasp control needs, and we’ll get started right away.
What Should You Do When A Wasp Stings In Reston?
We know that wasps sting, but how can you be sure it’s a wasp? Well, wasps are usually brown with yellow markings on their head, thorax, and abdomen. They can be distinguished from other stinging insects by their thinner, more elongated shape. Wasps sting when they’re disturbed, or they feel threatened.
If you get stung by a wasp, take the following steps:
- Wash the area thoroughly with soap and water.
- Remove any wasp venom/bacteria from the area.
- Use a cold pack to ice the sting and reduce swelling.
- Apply calamine lotion/hydrocortisone cream to relieve itching.
- Monitor the site of the bite, and have it looked at by a medical professional if it worsens.
The most comprehensive way to deal with wasp activity on your Renton property is to secure ongoing services from pest professionals. The team at Miche Pest Control provides year-round protection from wasps, giving you the comfort of knowing you’re guarded against these dangerous insects continuingly.
How To Identify Wasps In Reston
Wasps often find shelter in the house’s eaves, along fencing, under tree branches, or the open ends of pipes. They are most active in the warm summer months, though they pose a year-round problem. Here are some more helpful ways to identify wasps here in Reston:
- Their bodies are slender, long, and narrow-waisted.
- They have dark wings folded lengthwise down their body.
- They measure about ¾ to 1 inch in length.
- Their segmented bodies have minimal hair, two sets of wings, and six legs.
- They are bigger than most bees but smaller than most hornets.
If you think you may have a wasp problem on your property, we highly recommend reaching out to a team of trusted pest professionals. Here at Miche Pest Control, we work hard to bring you comprehensive coverage from all kinds of stinging insects, so contact us today, and we’ll address all your wasp control and prevention needs.
Wasp Control 101: What Every Reston Homeowner Needs To Know
To protect your Reston home from wasp activity, you should be as proactive as possible in taking the necessary preventative measures. To minimize your exposure to wasps, you must eliminate attractants, entry points, and conducive conditions throughout your property.
Here are some tips for controlling wasps around your home:
- Cover up any holes in the ground using cement or grass.
- Cover up any piles of exposed compost or decaying matter.
- Eliminate sources of food (both human and pet food) and never leave them outside.
- Keep all doors and windows shut when possible.
- Keep garbage cans tightly sealed.
- Pick up trash and clean spills as soon as they happen.
- Use caulking to fill cracks and crevices around the deck and porch.
- Use wasp-repelling plants like wormwood, marigold, mint, basil, and geranium
- Watch out for wasp nests in sheds, garages, wall cavities, etc.
If you suspect any wasp activity on your property, it’s a good idea to secure ongoing services from a team of qualified pest professionals. Miche Pest Control offers year-round wasp control and prevention solutions that protect local property owners from the dangers of stinging insect infestation. Contact us today to learn more.
Reston is a census-designated place in Fairfax County, Virginia. Founded in 1964, Reston was influenced by the Garden City movement that emphasized planned, self-contained communities that intermingled green space, residential neighborhoods, and commercial development. The intent of Reston's founder, Robert E. Simon, was to build a town that would revolutionize post–World War II concepts of land use and residential/corporate development in suburban America. In 2018, Reston was ranked as the Best Place to Live in Virginia by Money magazine for its expanses of parks, lakes, golf courses, and bridle paths as well as the numerous shopping and dining opportunities in Reston Town Center.
Building on Robert Simon's emphasis on preserving green space and providing recreational opportunities, Reston features over 55 miles of walking and hiking paths for residents, with currently about 250 acres of woodlands and open space. Reston is noted for its tree canopy, which currently covers about half of Reston's total area. It is one of only 8 American localities to be a member of the worldwide Biophilic Cities Organization, which promotes the importance of protecting and promoting nature within urban areas.
Two golf courses are located in Reston. The 166-acre Reston National Golf Course in south Reston is certified by Audubon International as a Cooperative Cooperative Sanctuary on the Chesapeake Bay watershed. The Hidden Creek Country Club was purchased in 2017 by Wheelock Communities, a real estate development company.
Reston contains four manmade lakes: Lake Anne, Lake Audubon, Lake Newport, and Lake Thoreau. Also within Reston's area is the 476-acre Lake Fairfax Park, operated by Fairfax County and which features boat rentals, a large outdoor pool complex called "The Water Mine", overnight campground facilities, and picnic areas.
Herndon VA (2 miles), Fairfax VA (8 miles), Ashburn VA (9 miles), Falls Church VA (11 miles), Bethesda MD (14 miles), Rockville MD (14 miles), Arlington VA (15 miles), Gaithersburg MD (15 miles), Springfield VA (15 miles), Leesburg VA (16 miles), Manassas VA (16 miles), Silver Spring MD (18 miles), Washington DC (18 miles), Alexandria VA (20 miles), Hyattsville MD (22 miles), Woodbridge VA (22 miles), Laurel MD (29 miles), Bowie MD (31 miles), Columbia MD (32 miles), Frederick MD (32 miles), Upper Marlboro MD (34 miles), Ellicott City MD (37 miles), Annapolis MD (46 miles), Baltimore MD (46 miles), Fredericksburg VA (46 miles)
Recent Blog Articles
Tick Infestations: Signs, Causes, and Prevention
April 23, 2023
Do you have a tick infestation on your property? Find out the signs, causes, and how to prevent them.Read More
How To Get Rid Of Rats In The House Fast
April 17, 2023
Did you just find a rat in your home? Find out how to get rid of rats in the house fast.Read More