Tick Control Services In Oakton VA
Miche Pest Control is a family owned and operated, full service pest control company that provides residential and commercial tick control services for homes and businesses in Oakton VA and the surrounding areas. Our expert tick exterminators get rid of tick infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the ticks from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today or book online!
Comprehensive Tick Control For Oakton, VA
It’s hard to imagine ticks plaguing the pristine yards and gardens of Oakton, but these arachnids are out there, and it is important to stop them before they put you or your family in danger. There are some things you can do to prevent ticks, but once they settle on your property, they can be incredibly difficult to remove, and infestations often recur year after year. So what can you do?
Far and away, the best method to ensure your property remains free of ticks is with professional abatement and mitigation techniques from Miche Pest Control. Our friendly and highly-trained technicians have access to top-of-the-line professional products and the experience needed to put them in place. Contact our team today to get started on a tick-free future.
Do Ticks In Oakton Carry Lyme Disease?
Ticks are a very common parasitic pest around the Oakton area. They latch onto personal belongings, household pets, wildlife, and rodents in order to go for a free ride. Because they seek blood in order to survive, they aren’t particularly picky about the host that they find. This process, however, can be very dangerous in some instances.
The deer tick, which is a very commonly found species in Oakton, is known for carrying the bacteria that leads to Lyme disease. That said, not every deer tick is a carrier of these pathogens. Additionally, the likeliness of whether or not a tick is carrying this bacteria can be associated with what part of the lifecycle they’re in. For example, tick larvae have not been shown to transmit diseases, however, tick nymphs are often the culprit of bacteria spread. According to a study at Johns Hopkins University, anywhere up to 50% of ticks can spread Lyme disease and there’s simply no way of looking at a tick and determining their status. At Miche Pest Control, our tick control methods are applied on a seasonal basis and offer comprehensive coverage by treating larvae and adult populations. To learn more about preventing ticks, contact us today.
How To Identify Dangerous Ticks In Oakton
Between the months of April and October, ticks travel around Oakton by way of hosts, which sometimes include rodents and wildlife. One of the biggest fears when it comes to ticks is the illnesses that they’re capable of spreading. While it’s impossible to tell simply by looking at a tick if they’re a carrier of dangerous pathogens, there are certain species that are more commonly associated with certain health risks. This is how to determine which ticks are in the area and the bacteria that they might be carrying:
- Blacklegged tick. The adult is shaped like an appleseed and is either a reddish-brown or dark brown in color. They’re associated with Lyme disease, babesiosis, and anaplasmosis.
- Lonestar tick. Light brown in color with spindly legs, the Lonestar tick is known to transmit ehrlichiosis and tularemia.
- American dog tick. Easily identified by their distinct cream-colored markings, the American dog tick is linked with Rocky Mountain spotted fever and tularemia.
In order to limit exposure to these illnesses, consider the benefits of professional tick control. At Miche Pest Control, we work to protect the residents of Oakton from all of the dangers that ticks pose. During peak tick season, we address both adults and larvae to break the cycle of their issues. For more information on our tick services, contact us today.
Three Reasons To Call The Professionals For Tick Control In Oakton
Ticks may seem like an inescapable part of life in Oakton but with professional tick control, they don’t have to be. Three reasons to bring in the pros are:
- Protection from health risks. While not every tick is dangerous, it’s impossible to determine this fact simply by looking at them. Ticks are linked to the spread of anaplasmosis, tularemia, and Rocky Mountain spotted fever.
- Limited populations of other pests. Ticks are commonly preyed on by pests like wolf spiders, ants, beetles, and others. Keeping their populations low will prevent other infestations.
- Most reliable form of protection. Parasites like ticks can be very difficult to control with DIY methods because of the ease at which they travel. With tick control, they’ll be addressed with professional products and expertise.
At Miche Pest Control, we are dedicated to providing Oakton residents with reliable tick control. Between the months of April and October, we treat properties for both adults and larvae in order to stop the cycle of tick problems. All of our services are backed by a pest-free guarantee, so should a tick problem reappear between regularly scheduled visits, we’ll re-treat properties at no additional cost. For more information on tick control, contact us today.
Oakton's Guide To Effective Tick Control
For nearly half of the year, residents of Oakton can easily pick up ticks and create health issues. Try these tips to avoid tick problems:
- Wear light-colored clothing and long pants when outdoors.
- Apply DEET for protection in areas of tall grass and dense vegetation.
- Consider treating household pets with year-round tick and flea prevention by speaking with a veterinarian.
- Perform a thorough tick check after spending any time outside.
- Limit rodent and wildlife populations around the home by storing trash properly, using porch lights, and turning on motion sensor sprinklers.
- Contact a pest expert for seasonal tick control.
For reliable tick control, look no further than Miche Pest Control. Our methods involve detailed property inspections, fogging of grassy areas, and treating all of the nooks and crannies where ticks are known to hide. For more information on our tick control services, contact us today.
Oakton is a census-designated place (CDP) in Fairfax County, Virginia. Located in Northern Virginia, its center is 16 miles west of Washington DC at 38°52′59″N 77°17′24″W (38.883050, −77.289900). Oakton is located in central Fairfax County, served by I-66 and Virginia State Route 123. The CDP is bordered to the south by the city of Fairfax, to the west by Fair Oaks, to the northwest by Difficult Run, to the north by the Wolf Trap CDP, to the east by the town of Vienna, and to the southeast by Merrifield. According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 9.8 square miles (25.4 km2), of which 9.8 square miles (25.3 km2) is land and 0.04 square miles (0.1 km2), or 0.38%, is water.
Technician was on time, called before arriving- answered all my question and was kind and treated our place with care. I’ll definitely use the service for other properties and will recommend.