Top Rated Rat Control Services For Homes & Businesses In Oakton
With rats being as big of a problem for Oakton homes as they are, there are certain things that every homeowner Miche Pest Control is a top rated, family owned and operated, full service pest control company that provides rat control services for homes and businesses in Oakton VA and the surrounding areas. Our expert technicians get rid of rat infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the rats from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today!
Comprehensive Rat Control For Oakton, VA
No one wants to think about rats invading their Oakton, VA, home, but unfortunately, rodent infestations are not unheard of here. When they happen, they can be extremely difficult to handle. The most common rat to infest Oakton properties is the Norway rat. These pests typically burrow their way in and infest crawlspaces, mulched areas, and other ground-level areas of homes and businesses.
DIY methods like trapping are often ineffective as they only remove part of the infestation and do not solve the issues that led to rats invading in the first place. Expert solutions from Miche Pest Control provide complete protection from rats now and in the future. We provide a combination of methods and a systematic approach that ensures rats are taken care of quickly and protects your property from future infestations. Call today and find out how we can keep rats off your Oakton property!
Four Things Every Oakton Resident Should Know About Rats
With rats being as big of a problem for Oakton homes as they are, there are certain things that every homeowner ought to know. The four most important things to know about rats are:
- They carry other pests. Rats are commonly hosts to parasitic pests like fleas, ticks, and mites, so having a rat problem can easily lead to a secondary infestation.
- Property damage is almost unavoidable. Rats, like other rodents, have front incisor teeth that will grow out of control if they are left unattended to. This is why rats will often chew on things like walls, electrical wiring, and furniture.
- They can climb. Many homeowners are surprised to find that rats are capable of climbing, which is something they do regularly to gain access to homes.
- Health risks are a common problem. Through their feces, urine, and saliva, rats are capable of spreading the pathogens that lead to tularemia, hantavirus, and leptospirosis.
At Miche Pest Control, we specialize in providing reliable rat control. We begin each new customer journey with thorough inspections in order to assess the extent of damage and make the proper suggestions for treatment. Some of the methods that we turn to include sealing up entry points and installing tamper-proof bait stations. Our thorough approach gets rid of rats fast and keeps them from returning. For more information, contact us today.
Can Rats In Oakton Carry Dangerous Diseases?
Rats in Oakton often sneak into places in order to gain access to the three things they need the most: warm shelter, food, and water. In their quest to find these things, which residents often give them in plentiful amounts without even knowing it, rats can easily spread very harmful pathogens. Through their urine, saliva, and fecal matter, rats are linked with the spread of hantavirus, salmonella, tularemia, and leptospirosis. These same byproducts can also spread throughout the air, irritating allergies and asthma attacks. Because rats don’t always fear humans, they are known to attack, which can lead to rat-bite fever.
At Miche Pest Control, we recognize how dangerous these pests can be, which is why we provide property owners with effective rat control. Our methods and protocols have been designed to keep rats away no matter the time of year. We perform thorough property inspections to look for conducive conditions, potential points of entry, and rat activity. From there, we install tamper-resistant bait stations and exclusion materials. All of our rat control services are also backed by a pest-free guarantee. For more information on preventing rat problems, contact us today.
Tips To Avoid Rat Infestations In Oakton
Rats are a prevalent problem on Oakton properties, but they don’t have to be. In order to avoid a rat infestation, try the following tips:
- Trim back any overhanging trees and shrubs that could be used to gain access to a property.
- Seal up all openings that are at least the size of a dime using silicone-based caulk, wire mesh, steel wool, and sheet metal.
- Store food in airtight containers and avoid leaving anything that’s overly ripe on the counter.
- Tidy up spills thoroughly, take out the trash often, and reduce food residue by cleaning on a routine basis.
- Remove all clutter that consists of boxes, packing materials, and old newspapers.
- Keep basements, attics, and crawl spaces well ventilated.
- Contact a local pest control expert for reliable rat control.
Preventing rat infestations in Oakton can be difficult, especially when they can sneak in through the sewer and climb along roofs. At Miche Pest Control, we appreciate the nature of these problems, which is why we provide Oakton property owners with reliable rat control. Our methods consist of meticulous inspections, sealing up entry points, and utilizing tamper-proof bait stations, all of which we guarantee. For more information on these services, contact us today.
Why Professional Rat Control Is Necessary For Your Oakton Business
When it comes to protecting your Oakton business from the issues that rats bring, professional rat control is one of the best investments that you can make. These pests are often dangerous, with the ability to spread pathogens that cause hantavirus and salmonellosis, carry other pests like fleas and ticks, and can cause property damage like house fires. DIY methods exist; however, they are often costly and ineffective.
At Miche Pest Control, our expert technicians use professional products and thorough services in order to keep rats out of your business no matter the time of year. From our detailed inspections to sealing up entry points with exclusionary methods and installing tamper-resistant bait stations, our rat control is focused on finding long-term solutions. We monitor our customers' properties closely, so if any rats return, we’ll re-treat your property until they no longer do. For more information on the benefits of rat control, contact us today.
I switched from another pest control company due to high pressure sales/bad billing practices, and switched to Miche. They have been excellent. Excellent customer service, very effective pest treatments, competitive pricing. I highly recommend.