Here's What Makes Oakton Cockroaches So Dangerous
Cockroaches are an absolute nightmare of a pest when they begin cropping up in Oakton properties. To start, they are “unsanitary scavengers,” according to the World Health Organization. This means that they spend time in some very hazardous conditions before entering local properties and they bring big issues with them. Through their saliva, shed body parts, and fecal matter, which can be very hard to detect, cockroaches are capable of spreading pathogens that lead to diarrhea, dysentery, streptococcus, salmonellosis, and E. coli infections. For some people, these same byproducts can also trigger asthma problems and allergic reactions. Cockroaches also reproduce very frequently and reach maturation quickly, which sets off the life cycle all over again. Another characteristic that makes them so dangerous is the fact that one of the most common cockroach species, the German cockroach, is growing immune to many commonly found pesticides.
At Miche Pest Control, we understand how dangerous cockroaches are and that DIY methods simply aren’t equipped to address an entire infestation safely. Our cockroach control consists of gel baits, sticky traps, and wall void treatments in order to address the entirety of any issues that may be present. All of our services regarding cockroaches are guaranteed to provide the ultimate protection. To learn more about the benefits of cockroach control, contact us today.
Having Cockroaches In Your Oakton Home Is Worse Than You May Think
If you’ve ever seen a single cockroach scurry across your Oakton kitchen floor and tried to crush it, hopefully you were successful. Cockroaches are known for their hearty exoskeleton; however, that’s just the tip of the iceberg with these types of infestations. Cockroach infestations are often much larger than they appear on the surface, as the female can produce anywhere from 200 to 300 offspring each year. Because cockroaches reach adulthood within a matter of months, these issues only tend to grow until they’re unmanageable.
At Miche Pest Control, we understand that the average homeowner is not equipped with the skills and products that are necessary in order to properly treat an entire infestation of cockroaches. This is why we’ve designed cockroach control that offers maximum coverage, with wall void treatments, gel baits, and sticky traps. Because these services are offered as a part of our general pest control program, if any cockroaches appear between quarterly services, we will re-treat your home until there are no more cockroaches. For more information on these services, contact Miche Pest Control today.
How To Identify Cockroaches In Your Oakton Home
There are a number of different cockroaches you may encounter in your Oakton home. Here are some of the most common you're likely to find, and how to tell them apart:
- American cockroach: The American cockroach is a larger cockroach, ranging in size from 1 1/4 to 2 1/8 inches. These roaches are reddish-brown in color and often have a figure-eight marking in yellow on the backs of their heads and a set of antennae. American cockroaches have wings and can fly short distances.
- German cockroach: This roach is the most common cockroach in the world. You can identify it by its light brown color with two darker stripes on its back. They can be 1/2 to 5/8 of an inch in length, and while some may have wings, they rarely fly.
- Oriental cockroach: The Oriental cockroach, also known as a water bug, is a shiny black roach measuring about an inch long. These cockroaches are drawn to areas of high moisture.
To help determine what kind of cockroach is in your home, or for the ultimate form of cockroach control, contact Miche Pest Control today.
Cockroach Prevention Tips For Oakton Homeowners
Cockroaches are a pest that every homeowner in Oakton should work to prevent, as they are dangerous and very difficult to get rid of once they present themselves. In order to keep these pests from becoming an issue, try the following tips:
- Seal up the foundation. Cockroaches are crafty and can fit through most standard openings around the home. Tend to cracks with caulk, apply weather stripping around windows, and use door sweeps for extra protection. Additionally, inspect boxes before bringing them inside.
- Store food safely. Roaches love food in all of its forms, so always keep pantry items and leftovers in secured containers. Also, do the dishes often, store trash in a bin with a lid and take it out as it fills, and clean up after spills and crumbs. It will also be helpful to vacuum on a routine basis and disinfect surfaces and floors.
- Tidy up often. Things like vacuuming, removing clutter, and taking out the trash are very important for keeping cockroaches away. Roaches also thrive in cluttered items, so remove all stacks of old magazines and newspapers, as well as unused boxes.
- Fix moisture problems. Because cockroaches can’t survive for long without water, fix any leaky faucets, gutters, pipes, and other fixtures.
- Work with a pro. The most effective and proven way to both prevent and correct cockroach problems is with professional assistance.
At Miche Pest Control, we believe that no one should have to endure the risks that come along with having a cockroach infestation. Our cockroach control is built into our residential pest control program, so homes are assessed for these problems on a quarterly basis. If we do find the presence of cockroaches, we turn to methods like crack and crevice applications, wall void treatments, gel baits, and sticky traps. If any cockroaches appear between these visits, we provide re-treatments at no additional fee. For more information on cockroach control, contact us today.
Always on time and communicative. Mr. Miche is a great person to have on our family team to keep our household working right!